[Book Spoilers] The scenes you want to see

reiver

Tower of Joy, Mountain vs Hound, Jaime vs Robb and his guard, Red wedding, Sandor saving Sansa from the riots, all of Sandor and Arya's epic road trip (but especially the part with Gregor's men), the fall of Riverrun, and the shadowbaby scene with Davos and Melisandre.

PS

How do you think they'll handle Jaime vs Robb & co.? Do you think they'll have Robb himself defeat Jaime, or will it be more true to the books?

Tower of Joy, Mountain vs Hound, Jaime vs Robb and his guard, Red wedding, Sandor saving Sansa from the riots, all of Sandor and Arya's epic road trip (but especially the part with Gregor's men), the fall of Riverrun, and the shadowbaby scene with Davos and Melisandre.

PS

How do you think they'll handle Jaime vs Robb & co.? Do you think they'll have Robb himself defeat Jaime, or will it be more true to the books?

I hope they show Jaime cutting through all of Robb's guardsmen as he desperately tries to get to Robb to end the fight. They're only going to have so many chances to show what a badass Jaime was with the sword...

I hope they show Jaime cutting through all of Robb's guardsmen as he desperately tries to get to Robb to end the fight. They're only going to have so many chances to show what a badass Jaime was with the sword...

This is what I really want to see too, and his line about misplacing his sword xD

• 3 weeks later...

I'm rereading the first book and I hope the following scenes and/or lines of dialogue will end up on the screen:

• The attack on Bran while he's alone in the forest. His direwolf and Greyjoy kill the attackers. They bring one of the wildlings home as a prisoner.
  • Jon Snow and Ghost save the Lord Commander from an attack by a former 'undead' man of the Night's Watch. I hope they include the whole thing from the start, where they find the bodies in the snow and bring them home. I liked the action/horror-elements of this story, and I hope they include it in the TV series.
  • Shagga Son of Dolf's line: "I will chop off your manhood and feed it to the [insert animal name here]".
  • Tyrion's reply, after being asked how he wants to die: "Of old age, with wine in my belly and a maiden's mouth around my cock".
  • Tyrion's hilarious mockery of Lysa as he 'confesses' his 'crimes'.
  • The duel between Bronn and the Knight in The Eyrie.
  • The beheading of Ned while his poor daughters watch.
  • Aryas first kill (stableboy).
  • The hatching of Dany's dragons! I read a recent interview, and I was surprised to hear that they're still not finished with the CG for this sequence. I hope it looks decent, though.

I also look forward to seeing the introduction of Charles Dance as Tywin Lannister.

I'd really like to see this, and also Nikolaj Coster-Waldau as a filthy and bearded Jaime when he leaves Riverrun with Brienne. Oh, and with a shaved head.

I'd really like to see this, and also Nikolaj Coster-Waldau as a filthy and bearded Jaime when he leaves Riverrun with Brienne. Oh, and with a shaved head.

Most definitely.

The scenes where Jamie is sparring with Ilyn Payne might be amazing. It might be really sad to watch Jamie trying to learn to fight lefthanded.

Jamie is such a sympathetic character by that point.

Most definitely.

The scenes where Jamie is sparring with Ilyn Payne might be amazing. It might be really sad to watch Jamie trying to learn to fight lefthanded.

Jamie is such a sympathetic character by that point.

Maybe they change the left-handed thing in the show. I mean, so far, Jaime is bastard-handed (like everybody else).

Season 2: I really want that scene where Arya is picking leeches of Roose Bolton. Maisie Williams has been wonderful, and I'm sure she'd be great in that scene.

It would also be a great time for an info-dump.

Yes, it would be a great scene to include, especially if they used the big pale leeches that looked like jelly until they filled up with blood. "They're only leeches." This scene is where the seeds of the Red Wedding are planted between Roose Bolton and the Freys, IIRC.

Maybe they change the left-handed thing in the show. I mean, so far, Jaime is bastard-handed (like everybody else).

Huh? Either I'm wrong with what you mean by "bastard-handed", or we're watching very different broadcasts. I mean yes, Jaime used the dagger in his left hand, but that's his off-hand. Ned, Syrio, Jory, the guardsmen, Jaime, the Hound and the Mountain... everybody's fought/thrown/loosed arrows with their right hand except for Arya (and even some shots of her end up with the sword in her right hand).

Oberyn vs the Mountain, specifically I want to hear the Mountain give his "confession" as it was. And the look on Tyrion's face.

Edited to add: I also want to hear several renditions on that dumb bear song that keeps showing up in the books. Just because!

Currently finishing my reread of AFFC, and the one scene that made me jump for joy and really had the right affect on me both times..Stannis charging the lines of the Wildling encampment. Both times I had a triumphant smirk as I read it. I think watching it and not knowing how Jon is going to escape the Wildling king-beyond-the-wall alive will be a treat for viewers. For me, it'll be a "GO GO GO!" moment.

Red Wedding..I'll be as angry at Frey watching it as I was reading it..both times. Hope they get the whole Grey Wind/drums/ominous hints thing right.

ok house of the undying first of all

kingsmoot

sacking of yunkai and astapor

the red wedding (catelyn sucks)

pretty much anything that happens at harrenhal

the ruby ford (which we wont ever see)

the seige of kings landing

crasters keep and the fist of the first men

khal drogos funeral pyre (the first time i read this i was forever hooked on the series)

not so much:

stannis coming out of nowhere to save the day at the wall was just too convient

OK, they already didn't show Ned's dream scene in ep 6. I wonder, will they show ANY flashbacks in this season? I am starting to doubt it. There is only 1 episode left where flashbacks might be which is episode 8, but thats it for season 1. I'll be VERY disappointed if they will choose to ignore that part! There is a huge fanbase of L+R=J theory and those flashbacks in GoT are MAJOR part of the story!

• 1 month later...

I dug back in the archives to find this thread.... Some of the scenes we were hoping for didn't make it into S1 (Tower of Joy :(, and a lack of direwolf awesomeness) or perhaps weren't quite as epic as we'd imagined, but there were still some pretty awesome moments, and some things done quite a bit better than I'd imagined (Ned's death, for one... and the final scene with Dany and her dragons was more awesome than many of us feared it would be with the CGI).

I'm in the process of finishing up my AS)S re-read, then AFFC, in time for July 12th. Some scenes as I'm reading, I can't help but picture how they could play out on screen, now that we've seen Season 1.

The Red Wedding - devastating of course, especially if Michelle Fairley plays Catelyn's reaction as powerfully as I imagine...

The Purple Wedding - Oh, the cheers... Hopefully Lena Headey will give us some different facial expressions as Cersei watches her son choke to death... this may be the first opportunity for her to give Cersei some emotion other than calculating.

I just finished re-reading the scene where Jaime and Tywin face off about him wanting Jaime to quit the Kingsguard, marry Margaery, and take Tommen to Casterly Rock to get him away from Cersei and teach him to be a proper Lannister... and the suggestion to marry Cersei off to Oberyn Martell. Jaime telling Tywin that he's the Lord Commander of the Kingsguard and that's all he wants to be, followed by Tywin staring him down and then disowning him... that's going to be kickass with NCW and Charles Dance. Getting chills just thinking about it.

Once they cast Oberyn Martell, I'll have to re-read the Red Viper/Gregor showdown again to picture it properly.

Here's hoping the DVD sales and the early results for S2 get a S3 greenlight early on, it would be a crushing disappointment to end without at least getting to see Joff's demise.

Archived