[Book Spoilers] The scenes you want to see

reiver

One of the things that thrilled me most about the TV show was getting to see some of the fantasic scenes in the book acted out and to hear the actors say some of my favourite quotes. One of the definite highlights for me so far was hearing Tyrion say "All dwarves are bastards in their fathers eyes".

From the next episode i'm looking forward to Cersei saying "We have a wolf". I can imagine Lena Headey really nailing that line.

Later on in the season the confrontation in the godswood between Ned and Cersei. I hope they keep this scene almost verbatim from the book and don't cut away as they did in the crypt scene as the dialgue is just excellent there. Cersei describing how Robert called Lyanna's name on her wedding night, Ned saying "I don't know which of you I pity the most". The reveal of what happened to Bran and Ned's honour and chivalry undoing him capped off by the immortal line "When you play the game of thrones you win or you die. There is no middle ground"

So what scenes and quotes are you most looking forward to seeing acted out?

"I came down on Storm’s End to lift the siege," Ned told them, "and the Lords Tyrell and Redwyne dipped their banners, and all their knights bent the knee to pledge us fealty. I was certain you would be among them."

"Our knees do not bend easily," said Ser Arthur Dayne.

"Ser Willem Darry is fled to Dragonstone, with your queen and Prince Viserys. I thought you might have sailed with him."

"Ser Willem is a good man and true," said Ser Oswell.

"But not of the Kingsguard," Ser Gerold pointed out. "The Kingsguard does not flee."

"Then or now," said Ser Arthur. He donned his helm.

"We swore a vow," explained old Ser Gerold.

Ned’s wraiths moved up beside him, with shadow swords in hand. They were seven against three.

"And now it begins," said Ser Arthur Dayne, the Sword of the Morning. He unsheathed Dawn and held it with both hands. The blade was pale as milkglass, alive with light.

"No," Ned said with sadness in his voice. "Now it ends."

This season, I'm looking forward to seeing:

• the mountain tribe fight on the way to the Eyrie
  • the Bronn duel
  • the Tyrion/Bronn ride from the Eyrie.
  • The Battle of the Green Fork
  • King in The North!!!!

I am looking forward to the entire show, but I want to see how those scenes are done for TV.

In later season:

• Bigger dire wolves
  • Ranging beyond the wall
  • Renly and the shadow
  • Battle of the Blackwater
  • Jon's days as a turncoat
  • Arya at Harrenhall
  • Sandor/Beric
  • Arya with Sandor
  • Red Wedding
  • Tyrion's Wedding
  • Mountain/Viper
  • Tyrion/Tywin

Viserys getting crowned. One of my favorite scenes from the book that I think will be made even better by Harry Lloyd's incredible portrayal of Viserys.

Agreed.

Also, it may seem wierd, and Im sure Ill get plenty of disagreements, but I really hope they keep in Bran's dream sequences with the crow. Those were really cool.

And lots of Hodor. Hodor Hodor Hodor.

As for later on, the sequence where Bran and the Reed kids are hidden away in the tower on the lake, and Jon and the wildlings (IIRC...) pass by would be great. I always thought that was a great overall scene.

"I came down on Storm’s End to lift the siege," Ned told them, "and the Lords Tyrell and Redwyne dipped their banners, and all their knights bent the knee to pledge us fealty. I was certain you would be among them."

"Our knees do not bend easily," said Ser Arthur Dayne.

"Ser Willem Darry is fled to Dragonstone, with your queen and Prince Viserys. I thought you might have sailed with him."

"Ser Willem is a good man and true," said Ser Oswell.

"But not of the Kingsguard," Ser Gerold pointed out. "The Kingsguard does not flee."

"Then or now," said Ser Arthur. He donned his helm.

"We swore a vow," explained old Ser Gerold.

Ned’s wraiths moved up beside him, with shadow swords in hand. They were seven against three.

"And now it begins," said Ser Arthur Dayne, the Sword of the Morning. He unsheathed Dawn and held it with both hands. The blade was pale as milkglass, alive with light.

"No," Ned said with sadness in his voice. "Now it ends."

This scene is epic.

Oh, so many:

- Ned's Execution

- Arya at Harrenhal

- The riot in King's Landing

- The Battle of the Blackwater

- Jon vs Qhorin Halfhand

- Arya vs The Tickler

- Jon with the Wildlings

- "Only Cat." *push*

- The Red Wedding, and Joffrey's Wedding.

- Oberon vs Gregor

- "No father, I am you writ small."

- Pretty much all of Samwell's chapters in A Storm of Swords, especially when he and Gilly are attacked by the wights in the house they're hiding in. Probably the most terrifying scene in the entirety of the series.

- Cersei finally gets hoist by her own petard. "You vile, scheming, evil bitch."

I'll go with a few from Season 2

Arya praying in the Godswood at Harrenhall and hearing Ned's voice.

Jaqen H'Gar changing his face

Jaime and Cat's conversation in the dungeon

Robert's death scene. The two old friends saying good bye always gets to me.

“Robert,” Ned said in a voice thick with grief, “you must not do this. Don’t

die on me. The realm needs you.”

Robert took his hand, fingers squeezing hard. “You are...such a bad liar,

Ned Stark,” he said through his pain. “The realm...the realm knows...

what a wretched king I’ve been. Bad as Aerys, the gods spare me.”

“No,” Ned told his dying friend, “not so bad as Aerys, Your Grace. Not near

so bad as Aerys.”

Robert managed a weak red smile. “At the least, they will say ... this last

thing ... I did right. You won’t fail me. You’ll rule now. You’ll hate

it, worse than I did ... but you’ll do well. Are you done with the

scribbling?”

“Yes, Your Grace.” Ned offered Robert the paper. The king scrawled his

signature blindly, leaving a smear of blood across the letter. “The seal should

be witnessed.”

“Serve the boar at my funeral feast,” Robert rasped. “Apple in its mouth,

skin seared crisp. Eat the bastard. Don’t care if you choke on him. Promise me,

Ned.”

“I promise.” Promise me, Ned, Lyanna’s voice echoed.

“The girl,” the king said. “Daenerys. Let her live. If you can, if it's ...

not too late ... talk to them ... Varys, Littlefinger ... don’t let them

kill her. And help my son, Ned. Make him be ... better than me.”

Well my books are all on loan to my brother right now, so I can't get the quote exactly right, but pretty much the moment in the dungeon where Jaime confirms what Cat already suspetcts/knows about Bran's "fall".

Cat: "You meant for him to die"

Jaime: "I rarely throw children from towers to improve their health. Yes I meant for him to die".

I simply can't wait to see Jaime deliver that line, and then Cat's reaction shot. It better knock my socks off or I'll be heavily dissappointed.

Also, Tywin dying on the crapper has some epic potential.

I'll limit my responses to the first season for now:

The Tower of Joy - Probably my favorite scene in the book, with the dialogue, and the imagery of the blue rose pedals swirling around a red sky. I'm scared to death they won't put this in there.

I would also dig the Bran dream sequence but I'm guessing we'll hear more of a comment from Bran about how he dreamed of a three-eyed-crow.

I would love to get a flashback of the Harrenhall tournament, the day all smiles died. Maybe this could come in a later season as they delve into the Lyanna mystery.

The Battle of the Greenfork - Does anyone know for sure this is in season 1? I've heard that Riverrun will not be featured in season 1, so how are they addressing the splitting of the armies, Whispering Wood, and Battle of the Camps....and most importantly "King of the North!"? I hope they don't combine these events into 1. I want to see Tywin's look when he realized he was outsmarted by a green boy.

Ned's beheading. What's the over-under on if this plot element gets leaked to the masses ahead of time?

Catelyn's negotiations with Walder Frey to allow the army to cross.

Although Dany's chapters typically aren't my favorite, I think I'm finding her more sympathetic on screen, so I'm too thinking I'm going to love the crowning scene. I think Dany's character will be more fun to watch without all the internal pep talks and internal self entitlement.

Archived