"Gentle Mother, font of mercy,

save our sons from war, we pray,

stay the swords and stay the arrows,

let them know a better day.

Gentle Mother, strength of women,

help our daughters through this fray,

soothe the wrath and tame the fury,

teach us all a kinder way."

She had forgotten the other verses. When her voice trailed off, she feared he might kill her, but after a moment the Hound took the blade from her throat, never speaking.

Some instinct made her lift her hand and cup his cheek with her fingers. The room was too dark for her to see him, but she could feel the stickiness of the blood, and a wetness that was not blood. "Little bird," he said once more, his voice raw and harsh as steel on stone. Then he rose from the bed. Sansa heard cloth ripping, followed by the softer sound of retreating footsteps.>

This is a little scene, but I'm looking forward to Tyrion making a fool of Alliser Thorne in front of the court. It's a scene that should work really well given the quality of the actors involved, and every viewer will be cheering Tyrion for putting nasty old Alliser in his place.

I liked that scene just for how subversive it is. I rooted for Tyrion in that scene. But after reading it again Thorne is totally right and Tyrion is kinda being a dick.

I liked that scene just for how subversive it is. I rooted for Tyrion in that scene. But after reading it again Thorne is totally right and Tyrion is kinda being a dick.

Agreed, that scene was great and it highlights one of the things I like about this series: Just because a character is a "good guy" and/or especially smart doesn't mean they're always right about everything. The great part is, when I first read that comment Tyrion made about "giving the Night's Watch some good shovels" I was laughing out loud. It wasn't until I finished the chapter and actually thought about it for a bit that I realized that I should've been rooting for Thorne there.

Reminds me of the first Night of the Living Dead movie, where

it turns out that staying in the cellar was the safest bet after all, just like the old racist guy kept saying. Too bad it took all but one of them dying to realize that.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't wait to see the scene where Arya tells the little Frey (I forget his name) that she hopes his princess dies. I love those little moments where things come around in funny ways.

Also, based solely on the epic-ness of Stannis' voice from the teasers, I really want to see the scene with the leeches where he's reciting the names of the various Usurpers.

I can't wait to see the scene where Arya tells the little Frey (I forget his name) that she hopes his princess dies. I love those little moments where things come around in funny ways.

Also, based solely on the epic-ness of Stannis' voice from the teasers, I really want to see the scene with the leeches where he's reciting the names of the various Usurpers.

"The Usuruper, Balon Greyjoy. The Usurper, Joffrey Baratheon... The Usurper... Robb Stark." God I can't wait til that scene

But from season 2:

- Renly's death

- Tyrion sending Janos Slynt to the wall... i really hope they keep those sorts of scenes in this. Even adding the Antler Men would be good

- Shagga cutting off Pycell's beard

- Hound saving Sansa from the riot

- Will they show the shadow baby scene at Storm's End? I'm sure they will edit it some how, the way its described in the book is just disturbing

- Blackwater

Purple Wedding, I am interested to see if they well show who drops the poison.

I doubt they'll show that, it would ruin most of the surprise of Joffrey's death, unless it's done with a lot of subtlety.

For the upcoming season, I'm really looking forward to the Arya story arc. Hopefully it won't get condensed too much. Her capture by the Mountain and the subsequent murder of Lommy would make a great episode ending.

Also, really want to see the Stannis Renly Catelyn parlay scene.

For season three, the red wedding is the scene I'm looking forward to the most, a lot just to read the reactions of non book readers. If they do it right, the wedding should dominate most of the episode and build slowly towards the shocking conclusion. I have it pictured in my head with Robb suddenly taking several arrows to his back, sprawling forward, and then a cut to the doors of the banquet bursting open with fully armed Freys marching in.

I doubt they'll show that, it would ruin most of the surprise of Joffrey's death, unless it's done with a lot of subtlety.

For the upcoming season, I'm really looking forward to the Arya story arc. Hopefully it won't get condensed too much. Her capture by the Mountain and the subsequent murder of Lommy would make a great episode ending.

Also, really want to see the Stannis Renly Catelyn parlay scene.

For season three, the red wedding is the scene I'm looking forward to the most, a lot just to read the reactions of non book readers. If they do it right, the wedding should dominate most of the episode and build slowly towards the shocking conclusion. I have it pictured in my head with Robb suddenly taking several arrows to his back, sprawling forward, and then a cut to the doors of the banquet bursting open with fully armed Freys marching in.

I'm looking forward to Stannis drawing (fake but cool) Lightbringer after Renly pisses him off. I'm just looking forward to Stannis period, and how Melisandre comes across on screen. I like the actress they got to play her.

Well, I figured it out before the chapter where Littlefinger mentions what happens. When Sansa notices one of the 'stones' missing. Mainly because of the prologue-- the little purple strangler thingers. and that being exactly what happened to Joff.

I am sure that they will take certain liberties to show the viewer certain things. Like you figure out about the Jorah reporting back to Varys thing during the first season (well, it's quite plainly hinted at, anyway), where you don't actually find that out until ASoS in the books (or if you do find out before that in the books I can't remember it. Erp.)

Well, I figured it out before the chapter where Littlefinger mentions what happens. When Sansa notices one of the 'stones' missing. Mainly because of the prologue-- the little purple strangler thingers. and that being exactly what happened to Joff.

I am sure that they will take certain liberties to show the viewer certain things. Like you figure out about the Jorah reporting back to Varys thing during the first season (well, it's quite plainly hinted at, anyway), where you don't actually find that out until ASoS in the books (or if you do find out before that in the books I can't remember it. Erp.)

Hinted at? It's flat out said, in the council meeting which Robert attends. Varys names Jorah Mormont as his informer who told him that Dany is pregnant. This is true of both the book and the show.

Hinted at? It's flat out said, in the council meeting which Robert attends. Varys names Jorah Mormont as his informer who told him that Dany is pregnant. This is true of both the book and the show.

The scene where a "bird" tells him that he's got the royal pardon, we learn about it in the books only in ASOS.

Archived