Stannis

Myrddin

Camelot's a piece of shit, but Joseph Fiennes certainly looks the part. While his combination of pouty and constipated wasn't ideal for Merlin, it would be perfect for Stannis! And while he's six years younger than Mark Addy, he looks like he could be the same age.

Please god, no Joseph Fiennes. His brother would be better.

I did a search for Lester Valmort on Wikipedia and it never heard of him so I'm afraid I can't say if he's a good actor, but you seem to be excited about him so I hope they cast him! If he's as good as his brothers are at playing TV cops and taking pictures of animals and composing moody background music for BBC television shows, then I'm sure he's a great choice! :)

Between the talented Joseph, musician Magnus, photographer Jake and famous TV actor Christopher Meloni, it's hard to really remember some of the lesser known Fiennes boys. Sorry.

I hope you're kidding?? Ralph Fiennes is far more famous than li'l Jo. Dude has 2 fucking Oscar nominations! Anyway if they somehow got Ralph to play Stannis I will eat my hat.

EDIT:

I did a search for Lester Valmort on Wikipedia and it never heard of him so I'm afraid I can't say if he's a good actor, but you seem to be excited about him so I hope they cast him! If he's as good as his brothers are at playing TV cops and taking pictures of animals and composing moody background music for BBC television shows, then I'm sure he's a great choice! :)

ROFL I see that you are indeed kidding/trolling. Well played sir. :bowdown:

ohhhh, but if it is true, my world just turned upside down in a heartbeat! I've always hated Stannis, but luuurrrve Butler. I'd have to instantly become a Stannis devotee, which makes me sort of cross-eyed...

Well, boo, fake. If you click the 'FIre and Blood' link to season 2, it lists 'stars' as Gerard Butler, Charles Dance and Mark Addy.

ETA: Well, maybe not boo, after all. It says he'll appear in the season finale tomorrow--now there would be a shocker--after all the events we expect in tomorrow's episode, a quick close-up introducing Butler/Stannis saying something portentous about him being the rightful king. Then close. That would light up the boards in anticipation of next season, to be sure!

Epic trollage. :rolleyes:

I ran it past the folks over at WiC. Here's their response:

iheartseverus,

Thanks for the heads up. That is almost certainly false. It makes no sense for Stannis to be introduced yet, let alone for him to be played by a major movie star. Someone must have done it for a laugh.

-Phil aka Winter Editor of Winter-Is-Coming.net

I'm 100% sure this is a fake. They simply can't keep something like that a secret for so long. Someone just stuck it in there for whatever misguided/mischievous reason.

Amidst all the swooning over the possibility of this casting over at TWoP, there are at least a couple of skeptics. This:

I will eat my copy of Storm of Swords if that's who they cast as Stannis. (I'm talking the 1000 page hardcover!)

And this:

Plus, it's just wrong if Stannis is better-looking and more charismatic than Renly!

Plus, it's just wrong if Stannis is better-looking and more charismatic than Renly!

I don't believe the Butler internet hoax/rumor, BUT..... he can do stern and off-putting with the best of them. I doubt we'd see much "charisma" from the guy should play the role.

Now, everyone thinks this is fake, but imagine if it turns out to be real.

It would be the most amazing thing EVER.

I mean, it writes itself.

Courier arrives from Kings' Landing at Dragonstone.

"Lord Stannis, Queen Cersei demands to come to Kings' Landing and swear fealty to Joffrey and declare him Robert's true son and heir."

"True son and heir? He is a bastard born of lies and incest!"

"This is madness!"

"Madness? THIS IS DRAGONSTONE."

Archived