Major League Baseball

Kat

Also, WTF has gotten into the Pirates? I know they're just right around .500, but that is obscenely good baseball for them, relatively speaking. The NL central right now looks to be a team without any great teams but without any weak teams either.

Astros?

Beltran hit 3 2-run homers in that game against the Rockies that just concluded with some more grape-crushing. I don't know if I should be like :stunned: or :lol: Coors. (ETA: After looking at the videos, :stunned: is about right. He hit one to left field, one to center, and one to right. Bizarre.)

Beltran hit 3 2-run homers in that game against the Rockies that just concluded with some more grape-crushing. I don't know if I should be like :stunned: or :lol: Coors. (ETA: After looking at the videos, :stunned: is about right. He hit one to left field, one to center, and one to right. Bizarre.)

Plus, he hit two them from the left side of the plate, which is pretty rare for him. The trade talk is likely to get serious now, and I'm divided on whether we should keep him or not. At the beginning of the season when he was questionable and Angel Pagan looked promising, I was ready to let him go for a good SP, but now... Hell, we should probably still trade him. With Chris Young out for the season, our rotation needs all the help it can get.

And the Cubs lose and things are as they should be. Jaime Garcia is 5-0 with a below 2 ERA.

If nothing else, I'll hang my hat on the previous evening. One glorious night of putting a whooping on the Cardinals...

awesome possum, Jaxom, the next few days, we will duel. :fencing:

What are the pitching match up? Is it even going to be a duel? Or will it be the series that turns the season for the Cubs to the positive side of the win/loss column?

What are the pitching match up? Is it even going to be a duel? Or will it be the series that turns the season for the Cubs to the positive side of the win/loss column?

Today's pitching matchup: Someone with a bad ERA vs. explosive bullpen arms. And I don't mean explosive in a good way. The Giants never seem to be able to hit guys who aren't very good. I mean, they can't hit in general, but they tend to make bad pitchers look especially good whilst pummeling guys like Cliff Lee who throw a lot of strikes. :(

*sigh*

That game wasn't going too poorly until Bochy threw up the white flag. I guess that's what happens when you have a day game after a day game with a cross-country flight in between.

You make it sound as if your team lost.

Seriously, I don't know how many blown leads are the major league record for a full season, but St. Louis has to be in contention. 4-0 lead in the 6th and we lose. Unfuckingbelievable.

:lol: wow, yesterday was crazy in a funeral visitation way. I caught part of the game at dinner ( the Cards 3 run 4th), heard part on radio ( Reds 2 run 6th) and then got drunk in memory of a friend. When I posted at 10:30, I swear I had checked MLB.com and saw a 5-4 Cards final. Didn't even think about the game again last night until I saw the news this morning. :facepalm;

The teams are fairly evenly matched. Not that it showed last night, but I'd give the Cards the edge over 3 games on more consistent pitching. I might try to go down Sunday.

:rofl:

Amazing. Something in baseball to make me happy on this otherwise saddest of days.

That is awesome.

Also that's what happens when you put a fucking hill in your baseball field. People can escape up it. <_<

That is awesome.

Also that's what happens when you put a fucking hill in your baseball field. People can escape up it. <_<

They also decided to put a flag pole on the hill, which is apparently fair territory. Players have hit it a couple times.

They also decided to put a flag pole on the hill, which is apparently fair territory. Players have hit it a couple times.

Minute Maid is a career-ending injury waiting to happen. Totally dumbass

Minute Maid is a career-ending injury waiting to happen. Totally dumbass

Actually I meant the ball has hit the pole and landed back in fair territory, denying a home run.

But I'm sure players have crashed into the pole as well, not to mention the risk of ankle injury running up that hill.

We've had steady rain all morning. I'm suprised they started the Reds/Cards game on time. My brother and I decided against sitting in the rain and possible delays today. Hoping the weather favors the Reds defense

Ugly, ugly 9th inning. Aroldis Chapman needs to go to the minors and get his shit together. Happy to see the Cards given the broom regardless.

Almost looked like we might have another bench clearing brawl after the final called strike. There is bad blood between these teams still.

BTW - Carpenter and Pujols both look listless. Holliday seems to be the heart of the team right now.

Now to spank the Cubbies and solidify the NL Central

Archived