Aussies LIV

Confalume

Yeah it's been cool to see ASOIAF hit the "mainstream" as a result of the TV series. Quite a few of my friends have now watched the series and/or read the books and even two of the other candidates at the DFAT interview last week were very excited about the HBO series.

Also: are you kidding me?

Drama about a Lesbian pretending to be married to a hairdresser who is secretly gay. Quite a plot.

One of the tech heads at work gave me AGOT on disc but it's an AVI file so unless I want to watch it on my laptop I need a Xbox or PS2 or something. I'm looking forward to all the sex.

Hey, you could just go and see them at Sydney on the 30th. :P

Can't afford to. If I'd known from the beginning that they were going to skip Perth I might have been able to make it to one of the other shows, but only two and a bit weeks beforehand? No way I can do it now. :crying: Could have been a good excuse to head to Sydney too :P

So, I got my UK copy today, printed by Clays Ltd in Great Britain. The quality difference is night and day compared to the Aus version. Paper quality is better, binding is strong and the grey connecting page at the front and back of the book is thicker and looks like it will have no chance of splitting. Plus I got one of the copies GRRM has signed, bonus!

Congrats on getting a GRRM signed copy! I would have thought the bookstores would hold on to them and try to sell them for more? Who did you buy yours through? I ordered mine from Amazon (US), the tracking system is just great, it left New Jersey on the 14th and hasn't been seen since, it's probably coming by carrier pigeon. A very large and sturdy carrier pigeon.

One of the tech heads at work gave me AGOT on disc but it's an AVI file so unless I want to watch it on my laptop I need a Xbox or PS2 or something. I'm looking forward to all the sex.

Well, you won't be disappointed.

CADEL EVANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man, the look on his face when he was presented the Maillot Jaune. That was extremely special. One of the great moments in Australian sporting history :thumbsup:.

ETA: Confalume, I demand a change in thread sub-title!

Man, the look on his face when he was presented the Maillot Jaune. That was extremely special.

I'll admit it, I cried.

Child number 3 was very nearly called Cadel, we only made up our mind in the delivery room. I wonder if it is too late to change his name? :P

ETA: Confalume, I demand a change in thread sub-title!

We're only twenty posts away from the closing of this thread - get spamming and you can choose an appropriate one for the next.

And yes, well done to Cadel (although I will assert without any proof that it would be closer had Wiggins not been injured :P )

We're only twenty posts away from the closing of this thread - get spamming and you can choose an appropriate one for the next.

Don't encourage me Malt. My spamming sklzz are unparalleled in these threads...

@brook: I may or may not have had something caught in my eye around the time Cadel was handed the Yellow. Must have had some grit in there or something :leaving:.

G'day Aussies, I'll be in your time zone (well, the eastern side at least) in a couple of days! Looking forward to family, friends, footy in Geelong and tucking into a Parma :D

I am actually hoping to be woken up by a Kooka at least once. Pretty silly, but that's what seven years away will to do ya.

I am actually hoping to be woken up by a Kooka at least once. Pretty silly, but that's what seven years away will to do ya.

I've not been anywhere and I still get a kick out of being woken up by Kookaburras.

Although that could be because the alternative is usually either cockatoos or 'muuuuummmmyy Balin hit me'

Hope you enjoy the time home :)

I've not been anywhere and I still get a kick out of being woken up by Kookaburras.

Although that could be because the alternative is usually either cockatoos or 'muuuuummmmyy Balin hit me'

Hope you enjoy the time home :)

Heck, I'll even take being woken by cockies, although this may be a sign of incipient madness...

Are we on a new thread yet? How do I know? Will somebody tell me?

I went to the snow for a weekend and came back to massacre, dead pop star, Cadel and ... oh yes, my two teams getting thrashed.

And still not finished with DwD.

Archived