ADWD coming early?

Lord of Nothing

Interesting. Hopefully Bantam and Voyager would lift the review embargo then, since it's a bit pointless if thousands of people are receiving the book two weeks early.

Hmm, I´m actually considering changing my order, since I ordered it from the afformentioned, apparently heavily overpriced Bol.com.

I do have an exam the 8th though, so I´ll still have to restrain myself from reading, even if it´s delivered early.

I think you quoted the wrong poster, Ellroy. Because if they're getting it on Thursday or Friday, they'd have to have ordered the US (Bantam) version.

According to the Amazon.de website, they say that they can deliver the US hardcover (Bantam) starting tomorrow. The UK edition, which sells for the same price, is still listed as being shipped from July 12th onwards.

It seems odd that they'd only change the release for the US edition, but apparently that's how it is.

So, if anyone in Europe wants to take a chance and trusts that these new dates for the US hardcover are accurate, THAT's the version you'd need to order, and NOT the UK version.

I think you quoted the wrong poster, Ellroy. Because if they're getting it on Thursday or Friday, they'd have to have ordered the US (Bantam) version.

Yep, sorry: I corrected my previous message. But we agree, it seems that it's the bantam version that it's avaible earlier. Let's see if tomorrow they ship the book.

Now you can even order it with Overnight-Express. So my third preorder...should arrive tomorrow morning if they really already have it.

Your third preorder? You truly are a devoted fan. But hey, Ebay the others for 50€ apiece. But maybe this is GRRM's secret way of rewarding us for our patience?

I just canceled my preorder from Amazon.co.uk and preordered on Amazon.de!

In the worst-case scenario I'll get the book the same day I'd get from .co.uk, in the best case scenario I get it earlier. (I live in Italy, so I think that in any case shipping from Germany to Italy is faster than from UK to Italy).

I had decided I wanted to support my local bookshop this time and not order on amazon.de - but... this... is... just... too... hard... to... resist! "Lieferung voraussichtlich: 30. Juni 2011" :wideeyed:

Archived