ADWD come early thread II

Calibandar

Yeah, but I think what Ran means is, can anyone confirm that site ever said the 12th? It might always have been wrong/approximate.

Google's cache of HarperCollins Australia ADWD page taken on June 19 and Google's cache of HarperCollins UK ADWD page taken on June 4 both list the release date as 01 July 2011.

Cool... but have they changed from 12 to 1, or have they always said 1? Because if the latter, it could be a system-wide error due to distributor information, whereas if it's the former, it may indicate that Australia is dropping the July 12 world-wide date all the sudden, possibly precipitated by the Amazon.de situation.

Im going to assume its always been 1 July. Last week I pre-ordered my copy of ADWD in person at an Angus and Robertson store (in Sydney) and the clerk told me it would be available for pickup on 1 July. At the time I thought she was wrong. But after whats happened today, they may actually be texting us to pickup up our copies that day.

Google's cache of HarperCollins Australia ADWD page taken on June 19 and Google's cache of HarperCollins UK ADWD page taken on June 4 both list the release date as 01 July 2011.

Thanks. That suggests that it is just bad distributor information rather than a switch to an early release.

Whatever happens elsewhere in the world I'd be surprised if the US release date for DANCE was moved up. They might relax the restrictions on shipping/shelving it a day or two early, but any publicity plans, including the book tour, are predicated on a July 12th release. If the book comes out significantly before then, various schedules are likely to be ruined or badly damaged. There were always likely to be pre-release spoilers anyway; I imagine Bantam was aware of the possibility.

Just got this encouraging e-mail from an amazon.de customer service rep after they checked with the warehouse on my order:

Dear Customer

Thank you for contacting Amazon.de.

Your order is currently being packed in our Fulfilment Centre and will be handed over to our carrier within 24 hours.

Once your order has left our Fulfilment Centre, you will receive an e-mail (in German) with the dispatch details.

Not out of the woods by any stretch, but hearing this is better than nothing.

@EoDO, I distinctly recall us being in it together when the Crippled God was coming out, but neither of us catching a break on any of the early release contests, etc... Hopefully that's because we were shoring up good luck for this release. ;)

Thanks. That suggests that it is just bad distributor information rather than a switch to an early release.

Whatever happens elsewhere in the world I'd be surprised if the US release date for DANCE was moved up. They might relax the restrictions on shipping/shelving it a day or two early, but any publicity plans, including the book tour, are predicated on a July 12th release. If the book comes out significantly before then, various schedules are likely to be ruined or badly damaged. There were always likely to be pre-release spoilers anyway; I imagine Bantam was aware of the possibility.

I figured as much, although it's a pity. If somebody is posting pages on 4Chan, there's a not insignificant risk that we'll see pirated copies of ADWD floating around the darknet in the next week.

I figured as much, although it's a pity. If somebody is posting pages on 4Chan, there's a not insignificant risk that we'll see pirated copies of ADWD floating around the darknet in the next week.

What is 4Chan? Obviously, with what's being said here, I don't want to go look at it myself, just never heard of it, what is it?

Just got this encouraging e-mail from an amazon.de customer service rep after they checked with the warehouse on my order:

Dear Customer

Your order is currently being packed in our Fulfilment Centre and will be handed over to our carrier within 24 hours.

Once your order has left our Fulfilment Centre, you will receive an e-mail (in German) with the dispatch details.

@EoDO, I distinctly recall us being in it together when the Crippled God was coming out, but neither of us catching a break on any of the early release contests, etc... Hopefully that's because we were shoring up good luck for this release. ;)

Aye, I also remember us sharing the frustrations during the Crippled God release. Hopefully thing pull through this time!

What is 4Chan? Obviously, with what's being said here, I don't want to go look at it myself, just never heard of it, what is it?

It's an image board that's somewhat (in)famous, there's a large amount of various sub-boards covering all kinds of topics. It's mostly known because a large amount of internet memes originate from 4chan or have grown big through 4chan. (Rickrolling and lolcats being prime examples).

They are also responsible for a lot of trolling, such as when they had a campaign to get "Justin bieber syphilis" in the most searched for items of the day on google and stuff like that.

Heh, if you think message forums are crazy...you haven't seen anything until you've seen 4chan. It has its uses, but it's generally just nerdy 13-26 year olds being obnoxious.

Dear Customer

Cicero I have a couple of question for you:

- which is your current order status? (or which was at the time you sent the e-mail?) it is/was "Versand in Kürze"?

- did amazon already taken the money from your credit card?

Thanks!

Axon - hilarious signature.

I am debating whether to click the "Unknown POV" revelation spoiler thread over in the ADWD forum. Similarly debating over whether to spoil "last word".

YOU ARE TEARING ME APART ADWD!!!!!!

Also, if the book is released on Friday in Australia I may have to cancel after work drinks.

Archived