The Logistics of Dancing with Dragons

So I have pre-ordered on my kindle but I live in New Zealand. I am told that I will have it on July 12 but if I have to wait to midnight California time that will be nearly July 13 for me. Does anyone know the exact situation? I hope I get it midnight NZ time as that is only 5 1/2 hours away now:)

I could buy it in a store tomorrow at 9am but that will cost me $51 NZD when I have pre-ordered it on my kindle for only $13 NZD (is it any surprise book stores in NZ are going broke).

Did you order it on Amazon.com, or a different Amazon storefront?

Mine at Amazon UK says "dispatching soon" with NO delivery estimate At All! And I even took the fastest expensive delivery option! WTF is this? And I can't buy from iTunes for my iPad because I live in France and for some reason the French iTunes doesn NOT have ADWD! How ridiculous is this I ask?

I'm hoping this will happen with mine. Amazon still says mine has "Not Yet Shipped" with an estimate of July 12th. If I wake up in the morning and it still hasn't shipped I'll be very worried about getting it on time.

Still no luck for me this morning either. I'll give it until lunch before canceling the order.

I got an e-mail from The Book Depository (they're Amazon's now :rolleyes: ):

I am pleased to let you know that we have just received notification that your pre-ordered book has been made available by the publisher. This book will be dispatched to you in the next few days.

An the status says "processing" which basically means that it should've been dispatched by now. Hurry up :tantrum:

They had better ship mine today, to get to my US address tomorrow, so that the shipping company can do their job and get it down to the island by the end of the week at the latest. I will be most unhappy if this does not happen.

Heads. Spikes. You understand.

I checked 45 mintes ago and it said Not Yet Shipped, now it says Shipping Soon! Yay! Although, I live 20 miles outside NYC and ordered 2-day shipping so I pretty muxh expected it to go down this way.

I always get my stuff here in NYC the next day after shipping. I'm sure you'll be the same.

If any of you live conveniently close to bookstores(in the US at least) there is still time to cancel the amazon order if it hasn't shipped yet right? I think most of the big bookstore chains have it for <$20 and you should be able to stroll right it and get it whenever you want tomorrow rather than wait on an undetermined delivery time. Amazon is usually good with release date delivery but unless it's like a Harry Potter book when physical stores may actually be sold out, I'd prefer to get it in hand from a store at my convenience.

Archived