[ADwD Spoilers] Quaithe's Prophecy

Reyne

I think we all agree that the "pale mare" was the plague.

Now that you say it, what if "pale mare" means Arya? She is a Northerner, hence pale, and was called horseface, and a good rider. ;)

Quaithe's prophecies are so vague till we know what they meant. I do believe it is the plague, and she would have mentioned wolf for Arya.

• 6 months later...

The kraken is Euron. Self-explanatory.

The dark flame is Lady Stoneheart. I see no other explanation ( you are honestly overestimating Moqorro ) and no better way to abstract zombie Cat.

The lion is Jaime Lannister. Not Cersei because she's knee deep in stuff she messed up.

The griffin is Jon Connington. Not Aegon because that guy's an empty brainer.

The sun's son is Doran Martell. Quentyn is dead.

The mummer's dragon is Stannis. DUHDUHDUHDUHHH

P.S. I think we all know that the pale mare is that other guy, and that the perfumed seneschal is Varys.

Didn't the original version of this chapter (which George read at a con) have Quaithe saying "crow and kraken" rather than "kraken and dark flame"? I wonder who that was meant to reference...

Haven't read the whole thread yet. But if "crow" crow really did get changed to "dark flame", is it possible that Sam is a warning to her? He is in Oldtown at the Citadel where a dark flame is known to burn, plus he is a "crow".

Haven't read the whole thread yet. But if "crow" crow really did get changed to "dark flame", is it possible that Sam is a warning to her? He is in Oldtown at the Citadel where a dark flame is known to burn, plus he is a "crow".

The Ghost of High Heart talked about a 'drowned crow' and probably meant Euron by it.

So I guess if the original version of Quaithe's prophecy really included a kraken & crow instead of kraken & dark flame that would have meant 'Victarion remote-controlled by Euron' instead of the 'Victarion heavily influenced by R'hlor/Moqorro' bit we have now.

The Ghost of High Heart talked about a 'drowned crow' and probably meant Euron by it.

So I guess if the original version of Quaithe's prophecy really included a kraken & crow instead of kraken & dark flame that would have meant 'Victarion remote-controlled by Euron' instead of the 'Victarion heavily influenced by R'hlor/Moqorro' bit we have now.

But the drowned crow from the Ghost's prophecy can't be Euron. Euron may be a crow, but he doesn't follow the drowned god.

Besides, Euron was out to sea. So, he didn't do the killing himself.

So, did Euron hire someone to kill Balon?

Well, that's kind of impossible. No one was coming in and out of Pyke starting at the beginning of ACoK. Yes, at first it was just out, but after a few weeks, sailors would realize that Pyke was not a port to go to if they couldn't leave. So, any assasin who came to Pyke needed to get there near the beginning of ACoK

But, Euron only had a motive to kill Balon when he discovered Dany and her dragon's existance (her arrival in Qarth). And this also happened at the beginning of ACoK.

Euron would have to be in Qarth, realize Dany exists, sail to Braavos, hire a faceless man, and have the faceless man sail all the way to Pyke before ships stopped heading there. Then Euron would have to head all the way back to the Qarth area to get the warlocks and realize that Dany is in Slaver's Bay and then sail to Pyke.

Then, the assassin would have to know that Euron was one day away and kill Balon.

Unless Euron has glass candle communication and put in his kill order that way, I just don't see it happening.

You are taking the vision literally. Westeros is not a beautiful woman, and the kings are not actually little imps. The vision depicted a mummer's dragon; the words Quaithe used to warn Dany.

I actually thought that it was Cersei's future that Dany saw; I mean if Tyrion gets his revenge against her, having her raped by imps is a fate worse than death for Cersei... but your version sounds plausible as well.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Perhapes Aegon is the Mummer's Dragon, and still who he says he is. If Varys is the murmmer, and he set up the rise of Aegon then in a sense Aegon, while still being a Targ, is in fact a Mummer's dragon. Vary's dragon.

Everyone assumed Mummer's dragon means a fake dragon, but it could just be possesive. The dragon belonging to the mummer.

This!

I think it's pretty straightforward here.

When Varys was young he says that he travelled the Free Cities and Westeros as a mummer. Aegon is of Varys making and is Varys candidate for the Iron Throne, therfore the Mummer's Dragon.

Archived