[ADwD spoliers] Cersei's Trial and other predictions

Ser Lich

In AGOT, I was thinking This guy will kill his brother. So yes they will have to fight, but I dont see Cersci losing. I am wrong about a great many things, and i have far to much love for Starks and Vengance, yet these 2 prophecy's about Cersci tell me the Starks will off her. You got the pretty young queen, supposedly Margery, probably Dany, but I think Sansa. Then you got the younger brother will kill you, supposedly Tyrion, probably Jaime but I think... either Bran, Rickon, or i guess Jon (but i dont think so because of R+L=J) the younger brother. In a world where political alliences are made thru marriage, The Starks are brother in laws to Cersci. Remember when Robert told Ned, "We could have been brothers but its not to late blah blah blah then we will be brothers. Prophecies are not easy to interpret my friend. And Winter is Coming lol

Cersei is somehow found guilty, perhaps never getting the opportunity to utilise her 'champion' at all, perhaps Bob Strong gets unmasked as an abomination... However, her sentence cannot be carried out, as she discovers she's pregnant. The child (Probably Jaime's) will look very much like their other children, and she knows this... There's also the potential for the new child to 'Kill' cersei during childbirth... Tommen's Valonquar.

Some kind of Brienne/Jaime conclusion.

Eagon discovered as a fake put in place by Varys... (If he turns out to be real after only being introduced in book 5, with NO hints or foreshadowing at all I will be hugely disappointed.)

Supposing Sandor wins (I love the idea of him fighting Gregor at the trial, but I don't see how he can possibly win, Gregor can't freaking die if he's undead)

Fire. Sandor's gonna have to deal with his fear. Fire kills Wight's... I don't see why not Cleganenstein...

I just don't see Sandor "taking the veil" and joining a religious order. He's not gonna pull a Lancel.

Sandor's character has changed and he no longer "lives" to kill his brother. If anything I think Sandor will have a more Jamie like revelation and try to do right by Sansa and House Stark.

The hound's deeply sickened by what he's been dragged into by the Casterly Bunch. He's on sabbatical like when somebody burns out and needs to recharge their batteries. He's probably grateful for the opportunity and receptive to the septon's message, which'd be exactly the change of pace he needed to get rid of all the bitter resentment. If his new thing is threatened by Robert Strong moving against the faith in the capital, and if the same old names and faces from his past are the ones doing the threatening, stop, hero time.

It feels like Cersei can't lose the trial (if there is one) as it will ruin Maggys prophecy.

I presume the punishment for Incest and treason (putting an illegitimate heir on the throne via Incest) will be death so Marcella & Tommen will need to die first - unless they also get executed as part of the sentence? However then the Valonqar part of the prophecy wont come true and neither would the younger queen so no, I dont think she will loose the trial.

My guess is Lancel Vs Robert Strong - Strong winner by "being an unstoppable undead monstrosity" (first round)

I just don't see Sandor "taking the veil" and joining a religious order. He's not gonna pull a Lancel.

Sandor's character has changed and he no longer "lives" to kill his brother. If anything I think Sandor will have a more Jamie like revelation and try to do right by Sansa and House Stark.

I totally agree with the idea that Gregor and Sandor take part in a Cersei vs Sansa conflict and not in a Cersei vs the Faith conflict. Sansa's relationship with Cersei was built up for the entirety of the first three books, and it has not yet come to fruition - and Sansa's relationship with Sandor was also a very prominent in the first two books, so I think both will be revisited.

Sansa is not currently in a position where she could stand up to Cersei - but I think that given Aegon's recent arrival into the fray, she could easily end up married to him, and have significant power at her disposal. The marriage to Tyrion should be easy to dismiss because Sansa's maidenhood is still in tact. I think that marrying Sansa is an opportunity that Aegon/Connington would jump on, as she is currently thought to be the heir to the North (and possibly the Riverlands if Edmure dies?) The big question mark in this is Littlefinger - Marrying Aegon would be in Sansa's interest, but not necessarily his own. I don't think he will be willing to let go of Sansa very easily, and I wouldn't be surprised if Sansa has to break free of his control on her own.

At the same time, I think that Cersei will manage to solidify her grip on King's Landing by dealing with the Tyrells. The odds seem to be extremely stacked against her so its definitely possible that she fails, but from a story telling perspective I think she will come out on top (though Tommen, Myrcella and Cersei's sanity probably all die in the process). The Tyrell's appear to be in a position of power, but they seem too peripheral to be one of the major players in the ending of the series. I would not be surprised if Cersei is sitting on the Iron Throne once again at the end of the sixth book despite how unlikely it currently seems, because It would just set things up too perfectly for the end of the series.

Sansa would fill the roll of the younger princess of Cersei's prophecy beautifully. Not to mention that Jamie would once again become a Kingslayer when he fulfills his role as Valanqar.

No way will UnGregor be destroyed that early in the book. First he will wipe the floor with the champion of the Faith and then Sandor can hear about it. People outside the Red Keep have no idea about UnGregor's existence yet.

OK, UnGregor question.... how in the hell is it that they were able to name him to the Kingsguard without anybody seeing his face? Cersei was still imprisoned when Qyburn.... did whatever he did to resurrect Gregor.... so who presented the papers for Tommen to sign that made "Ser Robert Strong" a member of the Kingsguard? Doesn't anybody do background checks for that position? :stunned:

OK, UnGregor question.... how in the hell is it that they were able to name him to the Kingsguard without anybody seeing his face? Cersei was still imprisoned when Qyburn.... did whatever he did to resurrect Gregor.... so who presented the papers for Tommen to sign that made "Ser Robert Strong" a member of the Kingsguard? Doesn't anybody do background checks for that position? :stunned:

Yea Qyburn. Fucked up Government lol

Cersei asked Kevan, the new regent, to approve whoever Qyburn proposed, and Kevan did so. I think that was another great mistake of Kevan; the Martells are going to demand blood, and Kevan could just have chosen the strongest knight available for the post.(some seasoned murderer similar to Bronn of Sandor could have done the trick).

They cut corners. Kevan pushed it through because he respected Cercei's stated wish to set Strong up as her champion. If the choice is already made, no reason to interview for the position.

You still have to take into account the political trouble: it´s not just the wrath of Dorne, they are making the House Lannister look like a bunch of cheaters, liars and oathbreakers who don´t care to publicy soil their honor in order to save a confessed killer and rapist of women and children, even going so far as to give him the very visible and honorable position of kingsguard! Kevan should at the very least have demanded that Ser Robert Strong´s face was shown to him...

They cut corners. Kevan pushed it through because he respected Cercei's stated wish to set Strong up as her champion. If the choice is already made, no reason to interview for the position.

I realize things are dysfunctional, to say the least, but it seems astounding that nobody would raise so much as a whisper of concern when they name a guy to the Kingsguard who won't remove his helm and has "taken a vow of silence," so no one has even heard him SPEAK. Not only that, but a guy who bears a striking resemblance in stature to somebody who is SUPPOSED to be dead, but nobody actually saw die.

It's hard to imagine that at some point, Ser Kevan, Mace Tyrell or Gyles Rosby or SOMEBODY wouldn't raise the question - "exactly WHO is this guy? He looks suspiciously like Gregor Clegane in armor..." And even if he does manage to get to the duel without anybody revealing him, how does the outcome stick when his identity IS discovered? There's no way they can keep it a secret.

I think that the Gregorstein wins the day for Cersei in The Winds of Winter, and that Sandor gets his vengeance in Book 7, probably to defend either Arya or Sansa

Predictions:

-Stannis will yield to Dany's claim to the throne, and ultimately become her hand.

-Jaime mercy kill Cersei, or they both die after she lights King's Landing on fire

-Jaime and Cersei are Aerys' children

-Aegon/Young Griff dies by fire, paving the way for Dany's ascension to the throne at the end of book 7.

-Melisandre is some yet to be revealed character from the time of Dunk and Egg.

-Brienne and Stonehands join forces with Stannis

-Bran, Dany, and either Victarion or Tyrion are the dragon riders

-One crazy prediction: Varys, not Young Griff is the secret progeny of Aerys or Rhaegar. Some Red Priest knew about his lineage, and wanted to burn his dick for the magical powers.

It's Jaime's job to do that sort of thing. In his absence I imagine the Kettleback went along with it at Kevan's behest.

It feels like Cersei can't lose the trial (if there is one) as it will ruin Maggys prophecy.

I presume the punishment for Incest and treason (putting an illegitimate heir on the throne via Incest) will be death so Marcella & Tommen will need to die first - unless they also get executed as part of the sentence? However then the Valonqar part of the prophecy wont come true and neither would the younger queen so no, I dont think she will loose the trial.

My guess is Lancel Vs Robert Strong - Strong winner by "being an unstoppable undead monstrosity" (first round)

Does Valonquar have to mean little brother? Could it perhaps be translated as meaning "little cousin"?

But then, as you say, the "younger queen" bit isn't fulfilled, the Hound never gets his revenge, and a sickly and overly pious sixteen year old beats a zombie version of one of the greatest fighters in Westeros.

It's hard to imagine that at some point, Ser Kevan, Mace Tyrell or Gyles Rosby or SOMEBODY wouldn't raise the question - "exactly WHO is this guy? He looks suspiciously like Gregor Clegane in armor..." And even if he does manage to get to the duel without anybody revealing him, how does the outcome stick when his identity IS discovered? There's no way they can keep it a secret.

But Gregor's dead. The dead don't walk. What do you think this is, some sort of fantasy?

Kevan, Mace and Gyles aren't living in a fantasy adventure where the dead walk again. They live in the real world. Gregor is dead. Cersei the Queen produced an enormous knight to be her champion, they ratified it. It can't be Gregor, he's dead and his head was shipped off to Dhorne. What sort of lunatic could even imagine it could be Gregor!

What identity is revealed? He is (Ser) Robert Strong!

Archived