New replies / go to last read post

snowleo

I really appreciate the "go to last read post" arrow, but it doesn't seem to be working for me? Also, topics on page 30+ of the Dance sub-forum (which I know I've completely read) are no longer light blue (topic read, no new replies) but show up as not-read. I haven't changed anything on my personal computer, so I assume all my cookies or whatever the board uses to recognize me are still set, so I'm just wondering if this was a forum change, or if I f*cked up and hit that "delete all cookies" button at the bottom of the page.

snow " :frown5: " leo

• 2 weeks later...

Oddly, for me the last read post is remembered, but if I access the board from a different device, it only works right if I read the thread on the same device. If I've read the posts on one device, they're still considered read on the other. Is this a known issue?

• 2 weeks later...

It's nice when functionality returns, and I really appreciate all the upgrading and technical work being done behind the scenes.

I'm curious though, whether the thread preview before posting will ever return, or whether it's gone in this version of IPB. It makes things harder for people like me who have bad memories, since I like to be able to see the last few posts while I am writing my reply. I now keep forgetting all the things I was going to comment on, or who said what. I liked it when you could see the last page or so of posts below your edit window. Now, nothing. (Yes, I have a solution - opening a second window to view the thread, so it's not the end of the world)

• 4 months later...

Oddly, for me the last read post is remembered, but if I access the board from a different device, it only works right if I read the thread on the same device. If I've read the posts on one device, they're still considered read on the other. Is this a known issue?

Bit of a thread necro, this is the problem I've been having since the board problems last year. I read the board on my home pc, work pc and mobile phone and the "last read" only applies to last read on the device I'm currently using. Not sure if theres anything I can do or if this is still missing functionality?

Archived