[ADwD Spoilers] Insane Crackpot Theories

Endless Summer

I'm new to these boards, but my second favorite thing about it is -- after all of the very knowledgable and intelligent discussions that take up most of the threads -- the batshit insane crackpot theories.

Think Syrio survived? That Rhaegar wasn't killed at the Trident and instead stole Ned's identity (with the help of Faceless Men magic), and that the REAL Eddard Stark is still out there? Are you convinced that Dolorous Edd is The Prince That Was Promised? Here is the place for your most outlandish theories. Just try to make them interesting and back them up with some textual evidence.

Here's mine. From Game of Thrones:

[bran says], "Ser Rodrik should teach me to use a poleaxe. If I had a poleaxe with a big long haft, Hodor could be my legs. We could be a knight together.”

“I think that … unlikely,” Maester Luwin said. “Bran, when a man fights, his arms and legs and thoughts must be as one.”

Bran rejects the life of being plugged into the weirwood tree matrix and sets of across Westeros atop Hodar's back, poleax in hand, using his warg abilities to turn them both into a formidable, terrifying foe, destroying Stark enemies and carving a path of destruction across the south.

As terrible as this idea is, I would totally read a "What If..." short story based on this premise.

Ashara is alive, and so is Lyanna, but not as you think. They are two of the cannibals stuck on Skagos Island and can't leave because of all the unicorns running around blocking their path all these years.

But they wont eat the unicorns, cuz they're magical.

V+I=A

Young Griff/Aegon is the love child of Illyrio Mopatis and Varys. As Varys is a hermaphrodite (ala the slave Sweets).

While this is indeed a crackpot theory I'm on my second reread, I know, I know, and I just made it to the part where Tyrion joins up with Duck and Haldon. And GRRM beats us over the head with the fact that Illyrio is crest-fallen not to be able to see "Young Griff" again. He talks about one chest has ginger figs (or something) that was young Griff's favorite sweet when he was young. He's sad because Old Griff want's to launch the boat before Illyrio can make it to it. And he seems really sad that he won't be at Young Griff's wedding. And Tryion notes that the cheese monger is standing with slump-shoulders as they ride off.

Bran has been keeping tabs on Jon.

• He warged into Mormont's raven and said "Jon Snow" or "Lord Snow" (I forget which)
  • He warged into Wick and Marsh to kill Jon for renouncing his vows. Why else would Marsh be crying if it wasn't Bran crying because he had to kill his half-brother? After all, the first time we meet Bran is when Ned beheads a man for deserting the NW.

The Hother Umber currently at Winterfell is a fake, which is why he didn't sign his name to Ramsay's first letter and instead used the mark of an illiterate man. The real Hother Umber, the smarter-than-he-looks Citadel-trained Hother Umber has snuck away south to scheme and plot a way to break the Greatjon out of captivity.

Even crazier addendum to this crazy speculation: Hother is being assisted in this task by a man he knew in his younger days, a man he once seduced and introduced to the Westerosi gay lifestyle, his old lover the Blackfish.

Except Tywin Lannister and the Mad King.

No, Jaime and Eddard orchestrated getting Aerys to safety and Tywin survived the crossbow and his funeral was a case on unreliable narrator because Jaime was so sad that he thought his dad was dead.

Everyone is still alive and everyone is wearing a glamor except for the Faceless Men.

No, Jaime and Eddard orchestrated getting Aerys to safety and Tywin survived the crossbow and his funeral was a case on unreliable narrator because Jaime was so sad that he thought his dad was dead.

Everyone is still alive and everyone is wearing a glamor except for the Faceless Men.

And Joffrey.

The wights just want some wine and possibly a hug. Actually, they're a mass hallucination caused by Dornish wine gone past its prime. No one's dead, therefore there ARE no wights.

That means Benjen's married Osha on Skaagos and they're raising Rickon together as their son.

Ned actually became a Faceless Man. He killed Joffrey. He's training Arya.

I'm new to these boards, but my second favorite thing about it is -- after all of the very knowledgable and intelligent discussions that take up most of the threads -- the batshit insane crackpot theories.

Think Syrio survived? That Rhaegar wasn't killed at the Trident and instead stole Ned's identity (with the help of Faceless Men magic), and that the REAL Eddard Stark is still out there? Are you convinced that Dolorous Edd is The Prince That Was Promised? Here is the place for your most outlandish theories. Just try to make them interesting and back them up with some textual evidence.

my insane crackpot theory: Quaithe is actually Nissa Nissa, reborn or the ghost or something...whatever. When she keeps telling Dany, "remember who you are," Quaithe isn't talking about remembering Danaerys Stormborm, she actually is talking about Azor Ahai, because Dany is AA or the PTWP or something.

Okay, that is my totally crackpot theory. It sounded less crackpot lying in bed. :blushing: :leaving:

Archived