[ADwD Spoilers] Insane Crackpot Theories

Endless Summer

Viserion is a she-dragon, and she and Rhaegal got busy in the dragon pit. She built a nest, laid a clutch of eggs, and now there are baby dragons scampering around in the walls of the Great Pyramid. It is known, because Missandei heard them scratching.

I love this theory, partly because I have a non-crackpot theory that one of the dragons will turn out to be female and reproduce. "Mother of dragons" indeed.

And: Varys is not in fact a eunuch. Srsly, we've never seen his gash! He's the true father of Aegon, Jon Snow, Joffrey, Myrcella, and Tommen.

He is the Stallion who Mounts the World.

It's totally true that no one is dead. Since the re-emergence of Magic in the world, anyone who dies doesn't really die. They are mystically transported to the extreme north where they are re-born as Others. Yep. That's where new Others come from (you didn't think they had sex, did you? Oh, man, GRRM wouldn't go there, would he?).

Unless shortly after death, you receive the kiss of fire (explaining the likes of Berric, and UnCat, etc.) And unless an Other snuffs you. Then you're a wight. Now, when an Other, or its progeny, a wight, gets offed, that's truly the end of the line. But, absent a massive slaughter of Others, there's going to be a really weird population explosion until next spring when the Others go beddie-bye for a few centuries.

It's totally true that no one is dead. Since the re-emergence of Magic in the world, anyone who dies doesn't really die.

this does really sound like Torchwood to me. Lol

repeated from teh Young Griff thread, cause this is kinda out there:

But... what if Aegon isn't Aegon, but is a Targ? Further, what if there was no switch at all, that Aegon really died with his mother and sister?

DwD didn't just give us the switch... What if "Aegon" is truly Lyanna and Rhaegar's child?

One thing has always always bothered me about R+L=J... where is Ned's bastard? Edric Dayne refers to him, Robert refers to him (Robert's mention shows that Ned had a bastard before the Tower), and, in DwD, Davos has dinner with a lord of the Sisters, who mentions Ned's visit to their island, on his way back to Winterfell from the Vale. According to Lord Godric, Ned left a fisherman's daughter with a child who was named Jon Snow.

Again - This happened well before the Tower of Joy.

So, it pretty solid that Ned actually sired a son, a bastard, named Jon, who, assuming "our" Jon is Lyanna's...is still out there and unaccounted for.

That, to me, suggests possibilities. One is that Aegon really did die in KL, but Young Griff is still a Targ, just not the Targ he thinks he is. He would still be Rhaegar's, explaining Connington's attachment, but not as "strong" a claiment as Viserys or Dany.

Plus, it suits my tastes, and regard for GRRM's writing - the whole "well, his head was mush, so, it coulda been some Flea Bottom whelp" seems pretty crude compared to most of the plots.

BTW, are Targ family features dominant, or recessive, in the King Robert's bastard sense? Ie, would a Stark/Targ cross produce a Targ lookalike, or a Stark?

Because, if R+L=J...where is Ned's son?

You can't tell me a Ned bastard in play wouldn't have quite an effect on things if he appeared.

Varys had a hand in the war and eventual downfall of Aerys. Aegon is his kid because he is not a eunuch and he himself is a lost Targaryen.

This may not be as crackpot as you think. I suspect Varys actually IS a lost Targaryen, and may or may not be a eunuch (Kevan thought Varys'voice sounded "deeper" as he was dying). Don't know about Aegon being his kid, though.....

This may not be as crackpot as you think. I suspect Varys actually IS a lost Targaryen, and may or may not be a eunuch (Kevan thought Varys'voice sounded "deeper" as he was dying). Don't know about Aegon being his kid, though.....

Eh I would have to disagree. I don't see Varys being a Targ. A Blackfyre perhaps...

At the end of everything, Tyrion and Sansa end up living as man and wife. Sansa has three children, two boys and a girl. . . .

Tyrion isn't the father of any of them.*

It would be even better if Tyrion dies while the kids are minors, so Sansa can run Casterly Rock until her non-Lannister children reach their minority. Just like Cersei planned, only this time, nobody catches on, because Tyrion's bastards, if any, are unknown. There is some puzzlement among noble watchers, however, because all the kids grow really, really tall.

*feel free to choose your own favorite potential Sansa baby daddy.

Eh I would have to disagree. I don't see Varys being a Targ. A Blackfyre perhaps...

I am suspicious because GRRM has slipped in a 3rd, previously unknown son of Aegon V (Egg). We knew his son and heir Duncan perished at Summerhall and Jaehaerys became King. What would be the purpose of revealing the existance of one more son? It seems it might be a set up for a surprise Targ making an appearance.

Wylla Manderly is Jeyne Westerling. She escaped with the Blackfish from Riverrun, and was taken to White Harbor to be safe. She's hiding there waiting, until the Boltons are taken out, than the surviving lords of the North will recognize her as still the queen of the North, while the Blackfish is at the Vale trying to get help.

I had to post the Wylla Manderly = Jeyne Westerling here cause on the Wylla thread, they ignored my post... :crying:

i THOUGHT SHE WAS ! this is actually who i thought it was as i read adwd. Crackpots unite

Archived