[ADwD Spoilers] Insane Crackpot Theories

Endless Summer

The reason Ned’s sister is allowed to bleed out in the tower by the Kingsguard is that she revealed that Rhaegar wasn’t the father of her kid.

Frankly, Robert Barratheon is just as reasonable a guess as to who the father of Lyanna's baby is as Rhaegar. Remember the 2 Westerosi rules of genetics: 1) if you don't have black hair, you aren't Robert Barratheon's child, and 2) if you do have black hair, you ARE Robert Barratheon's child. The next most probably father: Ned. Why should the Starks be the only family not practicing incest?

Frankly, Robert Barratheon is just as reasonable a guess as to who the father of Lyanna's baby is as Rhaegar. Remember the 2 Westerosi rules of genetics: 1) if you don't have black hair, you aren't Robert Barratheon's child, and 2) if you do have black hair, you ARE Robert Barratheon's child. The next most probably father: Ned. Why should the Starks be the only family not practicing incest?

I feel like I am watching an episode of Maury Povich with paternity test results. Robert Baratheon, you are NOT Jon's father.

Fun thread, but OP, Syrio being alive is crackpot? It may not be terribly likely, and there is no real evidence for it, but it seems easily with the realm of the realistic and possible.

Yeah, that was intended to be a dig at the "Syrio is alive" crowd. But I acknowledge that he could very well be alive, even though in my mind--until the books show otherwise--he died in King's Landing.

A friend of mine and I formed this theory for no other reason than because another friend of ours loves Jon and Bran and hates Jaime Lannister. (She's still on book two.)

It actually wasn't Jaime that pushed Bran out the window; it was Jon Snow wearing a Jaime Lannister mask good enough to fool Bran and Cersei. This affair has actually going on for several years and Joffrey is actually Jon's son. It was easy to mistake him for Jaime's son because both their names start with J, but if you look closely, you'll notice that both Jon and Joffrey's names start with J-O, and as we all know, according to Westerosi genetics, the J-O is dominant.

Slightly more serious crackpot theory: Rickon Stark is the valonqar. When Maggy the Frog made the prophecy, she said "the valonqar," not "your valonqar." In other words, it's "the little brother," not "your little brother." So any little brother and, possibly even sister according to Aemon's speech about gender non-specific words in Valyrian, can be the valonqar.

Bloodraven warged into Jaime and pushed Bran from the window.

Lightbringer is a person. He is either Bloodraven and Bran is AA; or it's the FM and Arya is the AA; or he's Moqorro and Victarion is AA; or he's Jon Connington, and Young Griff is AA.

My sister is not very internet savvy so I'm posting her theory on her behalf. There are a lot of if's, but if the various assumptions are proved correct then this is a highly probable theory:

If it can be assumed from the first chapter that wargs have multiple lives, and that a warg's human body is somehow resurrected in each lifetime, then it's possible that the cloaked figure in Winterfell is Robb Stark (also assuming that he is a warg). Robb could have been living in the crypt, took one of the crypt's swords, lived around Winterfell, and gladly slayed the Walder boy after his experiences at the red wedding. Remember too that Robb's "body" had the head removed and replaced with his direwolf's. Is it really Robb's body?

My sister's theory took hold once she remembered that somewhere in aDwD Bran wondered if Robb was a warg... and if so, if he could see him. This would imply that he expects Robb to be alive if he is indeed a warg.

And besides, "there must always be a Stark in Winterfell."

1. Jon's Nissa Nissa is Ghost

2. Mel is not actually a stunning woman. She is an ancient,withered, undead man who uses glamour to disguise himself as Lot 67, Melony. Poor melony is still inside there somewhere. What's the red thing pulsating round her neck? She doesn't eat? She has red eyes?

Archived