[ADwD spoilers] Winds of Winter speculation, II

Angalin

I favour Sandor because he fits as THE Younger Brother however I think it would be fitting if Ser Robert killed Lancel in combat those are my pick Sandor for the win or Lancel for the lost

I just think its doubtful the High Septon would let Lancel fight. The man is clearly not an idiot; Lancel isnt in the best physical condition and was never that good a fighter to begin with.

I just think its doubtful the High Septon would let Lancel fight. The man is clearly not an idiot; Lancel isnt in the best physical condition and was never that good a fighter to begin with.

It may depend on how fanatic the man is. If he truly believes that the trial will be decided by the Gods, then he may well let Lancel fight. No one knows who Robert Strong is, or has seen him fight. It would be interesting to see the remaining Lanisters destroy them selves.

It seems as though Sandor and Gregor need to face off at some point. I can't see it in Cersei's trial though. My money's on Lancel; deluded enough to think his faith will be his armour and also convinced that this will be absolution for his sins with Cersei.

It seems as though Sandor and Gregor need to face off at some point. I can't see it in Cersei's trial though. My money's on Lancel; deluded enough to think his faith will be his armour and also convinced that this will be absolution for his sins with Cersei.

Yeah, I think if they do fight it will be at the Eyrie, and I'm still thinking it's too obvious that Sandor will kill his brother. Let's not forget how appalled the Elder Brother was at this idea. If anything, Cersei will head up to the Vale with Gregorstein to meet with Littlefinger. Maybe to convince him to come back and work for Tommen as master of coins. She'll realise he has Sansa and all hell will break loose. Sansa will be the one to kill Gregor, and maybe, maybe, Sandor will take care of Cersei. But as others have noted, is killing by strangling really his style?

It fits well that Sandor is the volanqar as prophecised. I think that would be a nice twist. Didn't that prophecy also say that all of Cersei's children will sit on the Iron Throne and will also die while ruling? I think The Winds of Winter may be the end of Tommen.

It fits well that Sandor is the volanqar as prophecised. I think that would be a nice twist. Didn't that prophecy also say that all of Cersei's children will sit on the Iron Throne and will also die while ruling? I think The Winds of Winter may be the end of Tommen.

What about Cersei being killed by one of Robert's bastards? Say, Edric, or more likely Gendry? Wouldn't that be an even nicer twist?

What about Cersei being killed by one of Robert's bastards? Say, Edric, or more likely Gendry? Wouldn't that be an even nicer twist?

It would certainly be full of irony. Actually, after re-reading the prophecy, it seems unlikely that it will be Sandor (at least not during the trial by combat). Maggy the Frog said that Tommen and Myrcella would both die while on the throne, and before she was drowned by her tears (or something like that), the volanqar would strangle her to death. Since Cersei's trial will more than likely take place in the beginning of TWoW, I imagine that her champion will emerge victorious. I can't see Cersei dying until the very end of ADoS, but at whose hand?

Question: Do we know which of Cersei and Jaime is the older twin?

It would certainly be full of irony. Actually, after re-reading the prophecy, it seems unlikely that it will be Sandor (at least not during the trial by combat). Maggy the Frog said that Tommen and Myrcella would both die while on the throne, and before she was drowned by her tears (or something like that), the volanqar would strangle her to death. Since Cersei's trial will more than likely take place in the beginning of TWoW, I imagine that her champion will emerge victorious. I can't see Cersei dying until the very end of ADoS, but at whose hand?

Question: Do we know which of Cersei and Jaime is the older twin?

Cersei is. Its said that he(Jamie) came into this world holding her leg.

I can't see Cersei dying until the very end of ADoS, but at whose hand?

The reason I think it could be Gendry is because he is a younger brother (Isn't Mya the eldest bastard?) and let's remember that when he was travelling with Arya, Cersei sent guards from KL to kill him. Gendry is a blacksmith(?) by trade, so conceivably would have powerful hands. Plus, if he's with the Brotherhood, I'm sure lots of Cersei hate is floating around, especially with Cat there.

I think Lancel is still too physically weak to fight, the former Hound too disinterested in KL events, and no one else in the faith's corner was noted by GRRM. I see Robert Strong's opponent being Ser Bonifer the pious. He will share the doom of those who recently held Harrenhal. Bonifer's death will cause even more chaos within KL as the Sparrows revolt. Also, a certain new arrival from Dorne, come to take her council seat, will be outraged by the mere presence of Strong. Cersei survives, but at the cost of even more instability.

Archived