Person of Interest - J.J. Abrams & Jonathan Nolan Show

drawkcabi

‘Person Of Interest’ Gets 13-Episode Order; Will Season 5 Be Its Last?

Of the 10 returning scripted series renewed by CBS today, only one, Person of Interest, is not owned by the network. (It comes from Warner Bros. TV.) It was the lone series to get a partial order, which I hear is for 13 episodes. That is exactly what happened last May, with a last-minute 13-episode order to another veteran Warner Bros drama procedural, The Mentalist.

Just like last year with The Mentalist, CBS would not say whether the upcoming fifth season of POI would be its last. (The Mentalist announcement came a few months later.)

http://deadline.com/2015/05/person-of-interest-13-episodes-season-5-final-mentalist-1201424813/

Yep good news, that might be bad in the long run. Well at least they will get a proper ending, but I thought the left untold ending of the last ep, was a great way for PoI to go out.

There was no resolution. It needed to be renewed. I just wish it was more than one season. I'd be fine with 13 episode seasons if they serialized it more and still renewed it but it looks like they'll cancel it after this next season.

That way we won't be left holding that briefcase forever! Whew! It's probably the right call. This season made me stop caring about all the characters anyway. They only used about 5 of the 22 episodes. 13 leaves less room for error, and it's not enough time to properly shine a light on Greer's personal life to show us his perversions and fast food preferences, but it might be enough for them to get their shit together and knock a couple eps out of the ballpark. Hoping.

• 3 weeks later...

I have finally gotten to watching the finale and hm... I didn't think that it was that great. For one thing, it doesn't make sense that they would be able to escape without the machine's help, while being fired on by a platoon-worth of Samaritan operatives and no longer having protection from electronic surveillance. For another, I really don't see how they could get back into the game from such a disadvantaged position - that is, unless the Machine had done something that it didn't tell it's crew about. I have expected her to merge with Samaritan in such a way as to remove it as a threat since they had manipulated those servers back then. All in all, IMHO the whole AI war continued for too long and has become a bit boring and increasingly unbelievable (even given the generous amount of WSoD the show always required) . Oh, and looking back I still feel that killing Carter was a mistake. So, yea, I won't be too sad if they wrap it off - as long as they do it well.

@ Mexal, this show has often broken all the rules. Killing of a main character, Having a ep where the main cast on have small part of story (while both Shaw and Root became main characters later, they were only reoccurring after they had their ep) Making a Mafia boss as a "friend", and many other things that shows just don't do.

So IMO having the main cast behind the "eight-ball" and making a last charge, w/ out telling you what happen, to me was a good ending for the show( if it wasn't renewed) while leaving open for the possibility for later story telling.

I really like it when Angel did that as well (thought it worked w/ that show as well) but hated to learn they put out comic's that took that story forward.

Life is messy, and too many stories end everything nice and neatly. One of the reason I love aSoIaF is that is a messy story.

Archived