Who do you WANT to win the Iron Throne?

HashRouge

Stannis would be terrible, because he can only perceive things in black and white, and they're mostly shades of gray.

(The thought of him as Minister of Justice makes me shudder, because he can't see extenuating circumstances! Look what he did to Davos- he invoked the penalty for smuggling, even though Davos' smuggling saved their lives!)

Well, that's why I don't really like him and don't want him to be king.

But being Minister of Justice, he'll just be basically applying the law (and he's fair and just), not making it.

In the small council, there should always be unmerciful people, to balance the others. They could be useful.

They need to answer what was up with Robert/Lyanna/Rhaegar because everything but Robert and kind of Ned points to him being a good guy.

For the Throne it will be Jon/Dany at the end i think but i actually have hope for Aegon despite his likely death right away and all the unknowns.

So why is his fault that people like Varys and LF are pieces of shit? He just believes he is who he is . Sometimes you need to think before you post something idiotic as this .

Meh. I said "strange". Pay attention to the nuances.

But being Minister of Justice, he'll just be basically applying the law (and he's fair and just), not making it.

In the small council, there should always be unmerciful people, to balance the others. They could be useful.

What would exactly a Minister of Justice do?

For the Throne it will be Jon/Dany at the end i think but i actually have hope for Aegon despite his likely death right away and all the unknowns.

I actually think Aegon's set up to be a pretty major player. I don't think he'll be just discarded for Jon.

I actually think Aegon's set up to be a pretty major player. I don't think he'll be just discarded for Jon.

I got the same impression. The initiative he was taking at the end of ADWD was, I think, a big part of that. It could just be that I had grown so bored with the relatively slow pace of the last two books and nobody really getting anywhere plot-wise that when somebody finally said, "We're moving. Onward! And I'll be leading the charge," I wanted to stand up and cheer. I suddenly felt a spark of interest and excitement that had been missing since the moment Mormont captured Tyrion.

I took for granted he was the real deal, as it was already a trick pulled on the reader, who's been assuming all this time that baby Aegon was dead. Will George trick us twice with the same dude? Who the hell knows. I don't trust Varys as far as I can throw him, and there are several references to Illyrio's grief over his wife so I suppose it's possible that this will eventually lead to the reveal of YGriff being really Illyrio's son, but I sincerely hope not. I need to go back over the GOT chapter between these two schemers and the ones between Varys and Ned in the dungeon to see what I can piece together about Varys' motives, which are some of, if not the most shrouded in the series, IMO. I know he's plainly said he "serves the realm" and wants to reinstall the Targaryen's but for some reason I can't quite put a period on all that yet.

But I'd like to see Aegon turn out to be Aegon. However I have always thought Jon would be on the throne when all is said and done, so... Unfortunately the only thing any of us can do is wait for all to be revealed...

No one. I want the Iron Throne melted to slag and Westeros to be ruled from the North.

Couldn't have said it better myself, Like the Great Jon said, let them keep their flowery seat in the south. there should be a new Ice Throne, chipped from the Wall herself.

This is all based on that, truly being Aegon. there is still nothing that shows, that he is Aegon 100%.

I want the Iron Throne melted, too. But I don't think the North will rule Westeros. They don't know any more about the South than the South knows about the North. I think the kingdom will be split up into smaller kingdoms. Again.

I want the Iron Throne melted, too. But I don't think the North will rule Westeros. They don't know any more about the South than the South knows about the North. I think the kingdom will be split up into smaller kingdoms. Again.

And the instant it does that, someone will be out to unite them once again!

Perhaps Roose Bolton might try to set himself up as King in the North? Who knows with that man?

I don't think so. Usually, when a kingdom/nation is created, it stays that way.. people start being used to be a part of something bigger. Even in ASOIAF - if you think about it, none of the Great Lords think about independence. They all want to gain power over the 7 kingdoms, they don't even think about secession. The only exceptions are, of course, the North and the Iron Islands which are the only ones likely to secede by the end.

Archived