NFL Thread 6. Fanatics unite!

Lord O' Bones

Since everyone else is talking about it:

I think I am a bit of an atypical NFL fan. I lived in the US for only 5 odd years as a grad student. I no longer live in the US. Got addicted to football while living in Blacksburg during the Vick fueled glory years. I am a Colts fan because (I think I have mentioned this before) Peyton Manning was drafted the year I started watching NFL and decided I will follow his team.

There are a few teams I like:

The Packers and the 49ers cause of the history of the franchises. However I despise the Cowboys (not sure why)

Also like the Eagles cause they took a chance on Vick.

Would not mind seeing Detroit and the Bengals getting some wins.

Other than the Boys hate the Pats and the Chargers (mainly cause they have had success against the Colts), the Steelers cause of the Fat Bastard.

I guess I am a fan of the NFL. If the Fan Police calls me a bandwagon fan, so be it :P

I know Cassell is not very good, but wtf has happened to Rivers? Not that I am complaining.

Cassell is not very bad either. And he's not playing against Rivers.

As to what happened to Rivers, it's hard to say entirely. But part of it is that the Chiefs D is playing ballsy and it's working so far.*

* There are almost 19 minutes left. If Rivers wakes up, he can undo this in 5.

There are inspired tears streaming down my face right now, but I can answer that question.

I feel a little bit like the Emperor towards the end of Return of the Jedi. Good... give in to your hatred...

Seriously though, all of those were great reasons for the kind of thing I was talking about. Perhaps now your fandom shall be mocked less.

I am a die hard Lions fan. I watch every game. Listen for every tidbit of sports news about them. Read everything I can about them. they are my team and I love everything about them.

I also really like the Colts(well Peyton Manning to be exact)

I used to like the 49ers(Montana era)

I used to like the Chargers(LT was great)

I hate 2 teams.

Packers-Need to lose every game and I still wouldn't be satisfied until someone went into the stadium and slapped every cheesehead off of their heads.

Cowboys-HATE HATE HATE HATE!!!!!

The rest of the league I'm pretty much neutral on. I root for my fantasy players on those teams and root for the teams I have picked against my brother, but I don't care much about them.

Does Leinart pray that Schaub will get hurt, or does he pray that he can just back him up and collect a paycheck for years?

He prays that he'll get another opportunity to ICE A BRAH!

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/2010/05/here-is-something-you-cant-understand-how-i-could-just-ice-a-brah.html#more-26956

Here we go. I'm a Titans fan but I like and hate many teams at some point or another.

I've hate the Pats since one play in 2001. The Tuck Rule was horrendously wrong on multiple levels, and I have hated the team more than any other since.

I hate the old AFC Central teams. This means the Steelers and Ravens. Never hated the Bengals because they were a doormat in the 90s. Original hatred for Cleveland never translated to new Browns.

I hate the Jets since the Rex Ryan era began. Hate the attitude of that team and the circus surrounding them.

In addition, I dislike teams the media fawns over without them having played well enough to earn it. So right now, Tampa, Atlanta.

And I like players that don't get a fair shake, mostly Cutler. So I want Chicago, Dallas, Houston. But these are temporal. I also liked McNabb's Eagles and Manning's Colts at the time.

And I'm weird in that I wouldn't want my team to win unconditionally. I wouldn't want the the Titans to win the way the 01 Pats did. It would feel undeserved and tarnish it for me. I only want to win when the team deserves it.

Game just went into overtime and I think that KC has the ball. I hate watching the dots... Come on KC!

By the way, Justin Bieber is on Jay Leno, and he's talking about his sad childhood. But I look at him and see a lesbian woman.... It's weird.

OK, this is not a Packers endorsement, per se, but where is the power in the NFL this year?

Green Bay is unbeaten, but they are not without some glaring flaws. Who's next?

San Diego, New England, both New Yorks, Philadelphia, San Fran, Gingerville,..do any of them seem like they belong in the top tier?

I feel like Philly and Baltimore could be the two best teams in the league.

But we all know about their consistency issues.

And way to go KC.

Philly Rivers has another dismal day. 2 picks and 0 touchdowns.

OK, this is not a Packers endorsement, per se, but where is the power in the NFL this year?

San Diego, New England, both New Yorks, Philadelphia, San Fran, Gingerville,..do any of them seem like they belong in the top tier?

pittsburgh certainly. dallas and philly? new england even with that defense. not sure who gingerville is

So as a fan, what's more frustrating- when your team has a good to great offense but terrible defense, good to great defense but terrible offense or mediocre all around? I''m ignoring the case where your team is absolutely putrid with no redeeming qualities.

As a Niners fan I'm going to have to go with great defense/terrible offense. You get to feel that slow burn week in and week out where your team is never truly out of a game until the final few minutes, but they almost always lose anyway.

pittsburgh certainly. dallas and philly? new england even with that defense. not sure who gingerville is
Pittsburgh looks better but still not dominant. Waxing poetically about the Steelers shredding the New England 'contains at least 50% real defense' defense pisses me off. Pitt has a long way to go before being super awesome. And until they beat the Ravens they're still the second best team in their division.

Teams that are legitimately good and will play that way basically every game: Green Bay, 49ers, Patriots.

Teams that when they are playing good (but this only happens about 50% of the time) will beat any team in the league no matter what: Philly, Saints, Pittsburgh

Teams that when they are playing good can compete but have glaring flaws: Baltimore, Detroit, Dallas, NYG, Atlanta, Tampa, Buffalo, NYJ,

Teams that are mediocre but bolstered by easy records: the entire AFC West, Chicago, Cinci, Titans, Texans, Washington

Teams that are mediocre but thanks to bad coaching are unlucky: Minnesota, Carolina

Teamss that are bad; probably everyone else, though I feel like I've forgotten someone.

Also, a Pats fan telling the Ravens that they cheat too much is kinda awesome.

Who I'm a fan of: the Bears, though my passion is reserved for college football.

Who I'm totally happy to see win now and then: Manning-led Colts (dont' care about the Colts but I'm happy to watch Manning), Seahawks (though I secretly love it when they lose so I can hear the grousing about it on the radio, plus FUCK YOU PETE CARROLL YOU CHEATING FUCK)

Who I hate: The Pats, because I want all Boston teams to lose solely because of their fanbase.

The Cowboys, because they've done nothing special for 15 years and are the media blowjob kings.

The Packers, because they're the fucking Packers. Aaron Rodgers is a swell guy, the team is great, but I want them to lose every single week, preferably twice. Favre fucking over his legacy again and again was brilliant.

The Dolphins because of 1972. And 1985. Fucking Marino.

The Pats, because of Belichick.

The Steelers entirely because of Ben. I thought they were a good organization prior to this and I will always be a fan of the Rooneys for their advancements in the NFL, but Ben can die in a motorcycle fire. If they get rid of Ben, I'd be okay with them again.

The Jets and the Cowboys because of the Ryans. I think the Ryans are funny and awesome, but I also want them to lose just to piss off their dad more. Because fuck you, Buddy Ryan.

The Pats because of the Brady pout face that looks like Derek Zoolander. Also, because Tom Brady screams like a little girl when going down water slides. And the Tom Brady face.

The Panthers because of Cam Newton. He's apparently prettyy awesome, and well worth the $200k Auburn paid him.

What glaring weakness do you see in GB? The run game I'm guessing?

Balty belongs in the top tier methinks, despite the anemic passing game. Their defense + Ray Rice is a large enough bandaid to cover that wound.

Philly is almost there. If they can string together 3 wins in a row and show some small measure of consistency I'd put them in the top tier.

The Niners have been getting just a little bit better every week. Their upcoming games against NYG and Balty should answer the question as to whether or not they belong in the top tier

Archived