Amazon's Description of TWoW

Vapor

Hi guys, new here. Didn't want to join until I finished A Dance with Dragons (I purposefully spent the last 4 months reading as slowly as I could to draw it out, knowing the next installment won't be for another few years)

I was however just looking around to see if there was any possible release date, and came across this, which to me either was a very bad prediction or I've missed something out completely.

Is this just a terrible prediction from before ADWD or have I missed something entirely? It seems to me like it'd be a description of what may happen come A Dream of Spring rather than what's currently happening.

Damn my moment of weakness, why do I go here. Anyway, IF this info is true, what A huge spoiler and with few twist that I am not particularly fond of, leaving me hanging for the second time around.

There is no chance that the Amazon description of TWOW is true. What it states is impossible both in terms of story direction and ability to somehow extract information about from pages that, largely, have not been written.

It is kind of like the supposed leaked ending for Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm but even less likely to be true (the "ending" leaked for that game might have been a WoL prototype while this is totally fabricated).

There is no chance that the Amazon description of TWOW is true. What it states is impossible both in terms of story direction and ability to somehow extract information about from pages that, largely, have not been written.

It is kind of like the supposed leaked ending for Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm but even less likely to be true (the "ending" leaked for that game might have been a WoL prototype while this is totally fabricated).

Actually the Heart of the Swarm ending seems perfectly in keeping with everything we've heard of the story so far. This on the other hand, would require for Martin's writing pace to go up by at least thirty notches and for TWOW to be about 2000 pages long.

Going to be very surprised if this series gets finished, at least in a satisfactory manner. GRRM is getting old, and doesn't appear to actually enjoy writing the books very much anymore (hence the fact that since ASOS release a decade ago he appears to have spent a lot of his time on other projects). That combined with the feeling that I get that this story can't be wrapped satisfactorily in just two books, and I'm not optimistic for a strong finish. Would love to be proven wrong, but unless something really lights a fire under GRRM and makes him WANT to write again I won't feel differently. Plus, I don't think the fact that he has likely gone from doing quite well to Bajillionaire in the last year is going to help his pace.

Bogus...

If there is a grain of truth in this description, it would fit much more into ADOS, and that only if Martin shifts his storytelling pace to lightspeed.

Even if this was legit, it was surely written before he decided to scratch the 5 year gap that would have moved the events along much faster. Then this could have been true, but now- not so much.

I too have doubts that he will be able to finish the story within 2 more books, but he (like us :rolleyes: ) isn't getting any younger, so I hope I am wrong.

Because I'm that kind of person, I emailed Amazon, asking where they'd gotten their information from. This is their response:

Thank you for sending Amazon.co.uk your suggestion.

I understand that sometimes the amount of information we display can make deciding on an item difficult, unless you already know something about the product. Our editorial staff are constantly working on increasing the information we provide about each item as it becomes available to us.

However, the information listed for this product on our website is all the publisher has passed along to us.

However, I will certainly pass your message on to the appropriate department who will be able to review your suggestion. Customer feedback such as yours helps us to continue improving the selection and service we provide. We appreciate the time you've taken to write to us.

Information from the publisher? Really, Amazon? Haven't heard anything since, and I just checked to see if they've changed it - of course they haven't. Dickheads. If it is true, what a spoiler.

It sounds more like the set up for the last book, not second to last - if the series only goes to seven books. GRRM has been changing things ever since the story outgrew the trilogy he originally planned. All of this could be changed by now and anyway, when the next book comes out in a year or two (ha,ha) I'll have forgotten all about it. I hope.

• 3 weeks later...

In response to the OP, I think we all agree that Martin didn't write this far only to decide Dany won't be going to Westeros after all. Also, it's not really a spoiler to say that once she gets there she will absolutely break Cersei and her team in King's Landing like little toothpicks. The only surprise mixed into that description are that Lannisters and Starks may need to join forces. But even that is kind of obvious once you think it over a bit. Two things coming at Westeros: the Others and Dany's messed up dragon situation. The first will definitely require that even enemies unite forces, but also we can't assume that the Stark kids will take kindly to Dany just because she is a hero of the book too. They may well think she's bogus and I wouldn't blame them. I think all the kings have been stupid so far and I think the houses should just give the game up and take a page out of the wildlings' book. But anyway, if you read the back descriptions of books you will see that they all sound a little odd. Kind of spacey and not quite how a faithful reader would describe. I wouldn't be at all worried.

• 1 month later...

Archived