First Look at Game of Thrones S2

Westeros

But Margaery is a schemer. Of course she's sweet on the outside, but it is pretty obvious that she and her grandmother are two of the main schemers in the story, especially visible in AFFC. And she was in on the plan on killing Joffrey.

Yes. I agree. Margarey is supposed to look innocent but given her interactions with the Queen of Thorns etc, its pretty clear that she can be devious. The QoT would have trained her to be an expert. Hopefully they will maintain that difference.

Ten episodes is not a lot of time to cover ACOK; the more focus on Margaery, the less there can be for Arya, Sansa, Bran etc. Of course, this is all just speculation.

There are a few reasons I think they decided to add Margarey stuff. It gives Littlefinger more to do in S2, which I think is quite important. It gets us more involved with the Renly, Stannis storyline. And because Margarey becomes more important in later books, they decided to go all out in S2 and give her a proper role to attract a name actress.

Perhaps they're combining the Queen of Thorns and Margaery into one single character? You could have her negotiationg her marriage with Littlefinger, asking Sansa about Joffrey, and then being the main suspect of the murder.

I could see this working and making for an interesting character. And even if I prefer the book version, they have to reduce the number of characters somehow...

Perhaps they're combining the Queen of Thorns and Margaery into one single character? You could have her negotiationg her marriage with Littlefinger, asking Sansa about Joffrey, and then being the main suspect of the murder.

I could see this working and making for an interesting character. And even if I prefer the book version, they have to reduce the number of characters somehow...

As much as I love the QoT as a character and she'd make an excellent character on TV, I understand that if need to cut characters, that would be a very acceptable solution, as the QoT is rarely seen without Margaery anyways.

As much as I love the QoT as a character and she'd make an excellent character on TV, I understand that if need to cut characters, that would be a very acceptable solution, as the QoT is rarely seen without Margaery anyways.

Wow it would really suck if they had to cut QoT she has maggie smith written all over her (if they could pull it off) but i guess at some point its going to get too big with characters... Will Mace Tyrell be cast? What about the other Tyrell, the one who wears Renly's army?

I know they don't have huge roles, but i think it would be pretty important to have Mace be cast, if not now in season 3

Wow it would really suck if they had to cut QoT she has maggie smith written all over her (if they could pull it off) but i guess at some point its going to get too big with characters... Will Mace Tyrell be cast? What about the other Tyrell, the one who wears Renly's army?

I know they don't have huge roles, but i think it would be pretty important to have Mace be cast, if not now in season 3

Doesn't Loras wear Renly's Armor to the Blackwater.

QOT isn't really in the books a whole lot iirc, so they could combine marg and her.

ahh okay. i guess it's not a real stretch to put Loras in the armor though.

yea but the whole point is Renly's ghost is fighting alongside Loras... Either way I think they should have more Tyrell's introduced than just Loras and Margaery. They aren't going to seem like that powerful of a house if the only guy we meet is Loras. I'm hoping to see Mace and QoT introduced in season three at least

Has it been confirmed that season 2 will cover the entirety of Clash ?

I was under the impression that they are going to stretch some storylines into season 3.

Some storylines may reach their conclusion in S3 but on the other hand, they might move some material from aSoS into S2. So it all balances up to a degree.

I'm hoping to see Mace and QoT introduced in season three at least

I'm sure there will be a lot of Tyrell extras around. I'd also fear that they would combine Margarey and QoT. It is possible, even if QoT is very entertaining. Mace is probably more likely to appear later on, just because he does add substance to the power struggles in aSoS and aFfC but no guarantees. I don't think Garlan will appear though. Renly's ghost will just have to lead the charge on his own.

I think QoT is just too good a character to discard. She only needs to be around for a few episodes in the one season (easy to cast someone big, perhaps?) and she'll obviously be hugely effective on screen.

Mace has also got to be a must and, as Oh Pod says, he can come in next season but the problem is they'll have to cast someone who's going to be able to stick around for the long haul.

Can't wait for Davos. I hope his devotion to Stannis doesn't come off as too slavish in the TV show, missing that internal monologue might be hard to get the finer points of Stannis / Davos relationship across.

Davos is notable because he doesn't just internally monologue and then swallow his concerns. He always speaks his mind, no matter whether Stannis or his lords are interested in hearing it or not. So I don't think we have to worry about that at all.

No way they cut the Queen of Thornes. her role is perfectly suited for the TV series.

True. Because of that, if I had to guess, I would say they will include her. (But I will fear until we hear something something more substantive).

There are many older British women they can cast as QoT though. That type of actress is almost a British speciality. Expecting a really big name is very optimistic IMO given the options available.

4 pages and no complaints about Stannis not being bald?

A good sign of intelligence IMO. :) Its not that it physical characteristics isn't important for a few characters but there is a lot more to Stannis than hair.

Edited to clarify what "it" is.

4 pages and no complaints about Stannis not being bald?

ppfffft, Tywin was different visually from books too, but Charles Dance OWNED IT once he gets on screen. Stannis could be just as good, once we actually see a full scene

ppfffft, Tywin was different visually from books too, but Charles Dance OWNED IT once he gets on screen. Stannis could be just as good, once we actually see a full scene

Yeah exactly. I don't care much about physical details if the actor owns the character. Tywin, Ned, Tyrion... most of the characters didn't match the description, but the actors were so good it doesn't matter.

As long as Stannis' character is still as deadpan and stern, I'll pardon the non-baldness.

No way they cut the Queen of Thornes. her role is perfectly suited for the TV series. I think she comes in Season 3. Helen Mirren would be an awesome Queen of Thornes.

Yes, the Queen of Thornes was awesome in the book! Really enjoyed reading about her, some of the funniest parts in the series. Don't think they're gonna get a big name like Mirren though. Some one else suggested Maggie Smith, who would also be great, but probably a bit too expansive too :)

Archived