Arrow keys no longer move through post box

Inigima

I don't know if this should have been its own thread, but my arrow keys no longer move me through the post I'm writing. Even if I'm clicked into the textbox, they now move the page as a whole. This makes editing very, very tedious and slow. My arrow keys otherwise work fine on other sites and in other programs. Help, it's horrible :(

What OS/browser combo are you using? I just tried on Ubuntu/Chrome and the arrow keys work fine.

trying to edit. etc etc etc.

(OK, works on OSX/FF, but wasn't working before on some. Likely something to do with FF and the board software not playing well together..)

Ran, you have any ideas?

That's fascinating. I've no idea what we could have done in the last days to have led to that no longer working. It works for me at least, in the quick reply box. Not sure about the full reply... but it may relate to some other CSS problems we have there right now, I'm afraid. Maybe when we get that sorted, this problem will disappear as well.

It's happening to me as well. You try moving the arrow keys left or right and the cursor vanishes. Move them up and down and the whole page moves up or down. It started three days ago and has been happening about 80% of the time I've been on the board in that time period (it's happening right now as I type this for example). It's the case on my computer (Windows XP with SP3, latest Firefox) and on my girlfriend's as well (Windows 7 fully updated, latest Firefox). It's not happening on any other forum I go to, even the ones using the same software.

The CSS seems to be all jacked up again. OSX FF 3.6.24 Cursor disappearing in the reply box (happens in both the fast reply and full editor), pages not loading properly (elements are stacking on top of each other), arrow keys not working. I am noticing that this stuff usually happens right before we get another SQL Pink Bar of Death.

Archived