The Official Appreciation Thread for The Queen in the North, Sansa Stark

ZacharyB

Oh please.... Jon has that nice metal chair waiting for him down in KL. :P

Yes he does :)

In terms of Sansa, I'm really interested in just how radical her transformation will be when she finally emerges from the Vale. I mean we have LF who is initiating her into the corrupt and dirty world of politics; then there's Myranda Royce who's no doubt trying to scandalise poor Sansa and get her to be less idealistic about sex and romance. Mya Stone obviously inspires her to be more "bastard brave". Against all this is her memory of the Hound, and what he's taught her about knights and the hypocrisy and cruelty that underpins that order. I don't think Sansa is at risk of losing her essential goodness, but how is she going to adapt to these new (somewhat shocking) concepts will be fascinating to see.

Robb was the King of North - he "recreated" it, he fought for it and he died for it. Maybe the King of North died with him.

Also, he married Jeyne Westerling - queen Jeyne. I am still not really rreally convinced that they did not produce an heir. The Westerlings are sneaky; they could have double-crossed the Lannisters. Robb died beacause he chose to marry Jeyne, but she loved him and I think their story is not done yet.

And Robb`s will. He specifically disinherints Sansa.

In short. I can see Sansa as a queen (I do love the girl), but not as the Queen of North.

You can throw stones at me now.

Robb was the King of North - he "recreated" it, he fought for it and he died for it. Maybe the King of North died with him.

Also, he married Jeyne Westerling - queen Jeyne. I am still not really rreally convinced that they did not produce an heir. The Westerlings are sneaky; they could have double-crossed the Lannisters. Robb died beacause he chose to marry Jeyne, but she loved him and I think their story is not done yet.

And Robb`s will. He specifically disinherints Sansa.

In short. I can see Sansa as a queen (I do love the girl), but not as the Queen of North.

You can throw stones at me now.

No stones thrown.

I just disagree. I don't think Robb's will is going to really affect things. If Sansa gets her marriage annulled, I think that could remove obstacles. Besides, as people said, in war time, rules of succession rarely matter.

I mean we have LF who is initiating her into the corrupt and dirty world of politics; then there's Myranda Royce who's no doubt trying to scandalise poor Sansa and get her to be less idealistic about sex and romance.

i'm afraid, with Sansa's experience, she needs someone to ger her more idealistic about sex, not less.

I say that Jon's going to be an Other, and we're finally going to learn what goes into the creation of said Others.

A downright cruel and unnecessary crackpot, Alexia :crying:

i'm afraid, with Sansa's experience, she needs someone to ger her more idealistic about sex, not less.

Why? She needs to realise the true threat of men like LF, who aren't as obviously predatory like Marillion, but will want to abuse her sexually nevertheless. Becoming more realistic about sex doesn't have to mean losing her innocence at all.

Sansa's main problem maybe that Robb having disinherited her. The Northern Lords put their seals to his will, agreeing what was said inside. Even if Sansa was to get an annulment, now they have Rickon, she would be another claiment. In fact Robb's will may have large implications of whether or not she will ever choose to stop being Alayne.

I think robb's will will be put to the fire

No stones thrown.

Besides, as people said, in war time, rules of succession rarely matter.

I said that in war time with a half decent army she could. I do not think she wants to, especially when she finds out about Robb`s will.

Two years back she wanted to be the queen of seven kingdoms. why settle for less now? :D

Because things that had happened to her would make a grown-up woman wish to become a nun, and she is a teenage girl. If she still can expect good things from sex, in spite of her personal experience - good for her.

I agree, but you're talking about fearing sex, which isn't at all the sort of influence Randa will bring. That girl positively delights in it. What Randa will teach her though is to open her eyes to what a lot of men truly want behind their flowery prose, and to actually not be afraid to use her sexuality as a means to an end.

I said that in war time with a half decent army she could. I do not think she wants to, especially when she finds out about Robb`s will.

Two years back she wanted to be the queen of seven kingdoms. why settle for less now? :D

I think her desire to be Queen was less about power and more about marrying Joffrey. :stillsick:

I think now she'll desire Winterfell because it is her home and she BELONGS there, and the Queenship will come about when she needs to protect her homeland and its people. I don't think she lusts for power, but I think she'd do well once she had it.

I think her desire to be Queen was less about power and more about marrying Joffrey. :stillsick:

I think now she'll desire Winterfell because it is her home and she BELONGS there, and the Queenship will come about when she needs to protect her homeland and its people. I don't think she lusts for power, but I think she'd do well once she had it.

Oh please, I think (hope and pray) that she liked Joff only because he was the prince and heir of seven kingdoms.

Oh please, I think (hope and pray) that she liked Joff only because he was the prince and heir of seven kingdoms.

She liked him because he fit the narrative of in her head of a beautiful prince who woos a fair maiden. She was eleven; I don't think she was really thinking, "Oh, it'll be so awesome when I'm Queen!" And if she did, it was because she had highly romanticized notions of Queenship. It had nothing to do with power, and all to do with courtly graces and beauty.

Once that fantasy was smashed, however....

She liked him because he fit the narrative of in her head of a beautiful prince who woos a fair maiden. She was eleven; I don't think she was really thinking, "Oh, it'll be so awesome when I'm Queen!" And if she did, it was because she had highly romanticized notions of Queenship. It had nothing to do with power, and all to do with courtly graces and beauty.

This is exactly correct. Look at how she quickly comes to see the positive potential of marrying Willas Tyrell. Sansa wants a Prince, yes, but he doesn't have to come with a castle. It's more to do with the man having honorable qualities. She liked Joffrey because she thought he was attractive and graceful, and as you said, she was caught up in the romanticised fairytale of the dashing Prince and his lovely bride. However, she doesn't want desire power in the sense of being a Queen ruling over subjects, and having absolute control.

And if she did, it was because she had highly romanticized notions of Queenship. It had nothing to do with power, and all to do with courtly graces and beauty.

Agreed. And she does not desire power now. She misses her family (creates a family in her dreams, names the children Eddard, Bran, Rickon, Arya), she wants to go home (creates snow Winterfell) and she wants to be loved (fill in the name). Nothing wrong with that. Does not mean she is destined to be queen of north.

Agreed. And she does not desire power now. She misses her family (creates a family in her dreams, names the children Eddard, Bran, Rickon, Arya), she wants to go home (creates snow Winterfell) and she wants to be loved (fill in a name). Nothing wrong with that. Does not mean she is destined to be queen of north.

But I think that's why she'd make a GREAT queen. Robb didn't *want* to be King, either. Those who want power are rarely those who wield it well.

But I think that's why she'd make a GREAT queen. Robb didn't *want* to be King, either. Those who want power are rarely those who wield it well.

First, I have to see her working hard towards that (bilding snow Winterfells is not enough). And it would make me sick if LF delivers the title to her on a silver plate.

Archived