Favorite character interactions

Ice Turtle

Some good ones have been listed for sure

Tywin + Tyrion (for my daily venom injection)

Jaime + Brienne (eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee)

Stannis + practically anyone. (But especially Davos or Jon. Seeing how much Jon takes after Stannis has made me like Jon 159038x more).

Hound + Arya (much better than with Sansa because Arya talks back, which is amusing to both the reader and the hound too...)

Dany + Jorah (Their friendship/relationship/whatever is the most complex, multi-layered, and developed in the entire series. I have a lot of feelings).

Stannis + practically anyone. (But especially Davos or Jon. Seeing how much Jon takes after Stannis has made me like Jon 159038x more).

Hound + Arya (much better than with Sansa because Arya talks back, which is amusing to both the reader and the hound too...)

Dany + Jorah (Their friendship/relationship/whatever is the most complex, multi-layered, and developed in the entire series. I have a lot of feelings).

I find his interactions equally amusing with both girls - for me they are entertaining in different ways

I find his interactions equally amusing with both girls - for me they are entertaining in different ways

Hehe I guess I sympathize with the girls. So since Sansa is typically freaked out/terrified when the Hound is around, I find reading their interactions a deeply creepy experience. They are interesting but it's not really enjoyable to read if you know what I mean?

OTOH Arya doesn't take his shit, and gives it as back as good as she gets. Or better, often. :)

Hehe I guess I sympathize with the girls. So since Sansa is typically freaked out/terrified when the Hound is around, I find reading their interactions a deeply creepy experience. They are interesting but it's not really enjoyable to read if you know what I mean?

OTOH Arya doesn't take his shit, and gives it as back as good as she gets. Or better, often. :)

Well, I shall say no more about Sansa because...welll, yeah I'm pretty sure we don't get the same vibe, vraiment :P

I like Arya's attitude.

To be fair, Sansa isn't always terrified. When he's not drunkenly holding a knife to her throat, they have a rather open back and forth. She even warns him he might go to hell for all the bad he's done. :laugh:

Word! Jaime and Brienne are super cute and SUUUPER awkward together, gotta love it. Especially from his POV

Daenerys and Death

YES. The permanent kind, and the sooner the better XD

Tyrion & Bronn

Sandor & Arya

Sandor & Lord Beric

Sandor & Sansa (+ basically everybody else)

Jaime & Brienne

Jaime & Ilyn Payne

Dolorous Edd & Jon/Pyp/Grenn

Arya & Syrio Forel

Davos & Cressen

Davos & Stannis

I like the part about father and son as well as Sandor + Arya

Dany and Jorah - very interesting, but I believe as well that there is more between them than creepy old man and young girl.

and may I just say I got so frustrated with any Catelyn and Brienne scene. YE GODS CATELYN!

Woah, must protest!

I love Cat and Brienne - this difficult mentoring relashionship where each one is absolutely NOT what the other is looking for, and they break a lot of eachothers fundamental assumptions about what it means to be strong, to be loyal, to be a woman, etc, but they totally trust and respect eachother through it anyway (UNTIL they're set at each others throats...)

AND I think the need (in the link) to get away from the idea that Brienne is ugly does the character a disservice. Yes, she is ugly. Some people are. Does this somehow impact their ability to be interesting people or great characters to read about?

My favorite is easily Tywin and Tyrion. Except for at the end, I feel like Tywin always got the better of Tyrion.

Other good ones:

Jaime Brienne

Varys Tyrion--Their inteactions were great in ACOK. I also liked how Varys betrays Tyrion completely at the trial.

Jaqen Hgar Arya--not a whole lot of interactions, but great stuff and probly my favorite part of ACOK

Davos Stannis-- I really like the scene where Stannis makes Davos his hand to the king

Jaime Cersei--Here, I'm referring to some funny interactions in AFFC.

My favorite is easily Tywin and Tyrion. Except for at the end, I feel like Tywin always got the better of Tyrion.

Got the same feeling. Their relationship, which we really only experience from Tyrion's side of things, is a very complex, twisted and toxic one. Tyrion hates he father, but he also wants his approval and recognition - and since he never gets it, he never gets the better of his father. Yes, he kills his father but he never gets the better of him. I find their relationship twisted and cruel, but also very sad because of all his children Tyrion actually seems most like his father, the one person whose approval he never gets.

Tywin is in himself an interesting character,but I still hate him with a vengeance because he is so cold and cruel - in a way, I'd say that Lord Tywin is the one that has sown the seeds of the Lannister catastrophe that seems to be on the horizon.

The interactions I enjoyed a lot were one-hit wonders:

• Gregor and Oberyn
  • Stannis and Renly
  • Shagga and Tywin
  • Sansa and Olenna
  • Quentyn and Rhaegal

but I enjoyed those that occured several times too, especially Tyrion's conversations with Cersei.

• The Hound and Everybody (Sandor Clegane is just awesome no matter what he's doing.)
  • Victarion and Moqorro
  • Tyrion and Bronn
  • Jaime and Brienne
  • Jon and Stannis
  • Barristan and Daenerys
  • Quentyn and The Tattered Prince
  • Littlefinger and Varys
  • Jon and Mance Rayder
  • Bran and Brynden Bloodraven
  • Davos and Wyman Manderly (Most badass conversation ever.)
  • Gregor and Oberyn
  • Euron and Aeron

The Blackfish and Jaime.

The honourable old man, surrounded by a Lannister horde, managed to totally dominate that conversation on the Riverrun drawbridge nevertheless.

And his put downs were awe inspiring. If Jaime didn't feel he had shit for honor before, after that dressing down he most certainly realised it.

Tyrion and Bronn

Tyrion and Oberyn

Tyrion and Varys

Tyrion and Shagga

Tyrion and Jon

Jon and Mance

Jon and Tormund Giantsbane/Mead King of Ruddy Hall

Jon and Stannis

Jon and Mel

Arya and Sandor

Arya and Lord Beric

Ara and Edric Dayne

Arya and Thoros of Myr

Jaime and Brienne

Jaime and Qyburn

Jaime and Ser Brynden

Davos and Stannis

Davos and Manderly

Tyrion and everyone (except Shae and Tywin, that makes me feel sorry for him).

Sandor and Sansa, Sandor and Arya, Sandor and anyone who can make him talk.

Jon and Sam.

Jaime and Brienne.

Ned and LF.

Arya and Syrio. In fact, Arya and any man who teaches her.

Archived