The Official Appreciation Thread for Sansa, Queen in the North v. 2

28 or 29 per wikki that makes him ~ 15/16 years older well if Sansa is 20 and she wants the 36 year old guy I could live with her decision but all this shipping for a 13 year old is really pointless at this stage.

Pointless, perhaps, but why would that stop us from hoping and/or talking about it? Especially when Sansa's character wants so badly to be loved and loves romance. Very few people want her hooking up with anybody, right now. And I'd note that originally, when the five year gap was supposed to take place, she would have been 18 when she reappeared after ASOS.

28 or 29 per wikki that makes him ~ 15/16 years older well if Sansa is 20 and she wants the 36 year old guy I could live with her decision but all this shipping for a 13 year old is really pointless at this stage.

Yo.

Did you miss something?

::sigh::

pointless, but:

a.) 20 something

and b.) not til she's much much much older

*CAVEAT: No "sword-wielding" or "swordplay" should occur between Sansa Stark and Sandor Clegane until she is OLDER and he is REFORMED.

as well as my sarcastic response?

We do ont want a 13 yo having physical relations, with someone in their twenties, and at least on my part I wouldn't even want her having the sex with someone her own age!

We ship for future interactions, not for them to get together now. I'd shriek bloody murder if that was the case. Reasons I can't stand Littlefinger - he's trying to get into her pants NOW.

But this is not the thread for that.

And I'm thinking like a dad with a daughter of his own, and I would not pair my daughter with someone like Sandor, at the same time if she's 20 and still felt he was the guy for her well I just have to give my opinion then STFU and let her live her life.

Yo.

Did you miss something?

as well as my sarcastic response?

We do ont want a 13 yo having physical relations, with someone in their twenties, and at least on my part I wouldn't even want her having the sex with someone her own age!

YO!

if you mean this: b.) not til she's much much much older

Likely as I'm going between a number of threads, as I said in her twenties she can do WTFSW especially if she's QOTN, ohh he would have to forsake his name.

Pointless, perhaps, but why would that stop us from hoping and/or talking about it? Especially when Sansa's character wants so badly to be loved and loves romance. Very few people want her hooking up with anybody, right now. And I'd note that originally, when the five year gap was supposed to take place, she would have been 18 when she reappeared after ASOS.

The lack of that gap screwed a lot of stuff up.

And I'm thinking like a dad with a daughter of his own, and I would not pair my daughter with someone like Sandor, at the same time if she's 20 and still felt he was the guy for her well I just have to give my opinion then STFU and let her live her life.

Lucky us, its fiction. I wouldn't pair Sandor off with my daughter (or with me) either. But its a book and we can support all kinds of crazy pairings. In the end, I only want for Sansa to make her own choice in her romantic partner and/or husband. As long as she gets to choose for herself, I'll be happy regardless.

The lack of that gap screwed a lot of stuff up.

:agree:

Sansa's love life is the least of what it screwed up, alas. :crying:

Look, all we want is to not be accused of saying a 13 y.o child should be having sex, because that is clearly not how we think or feel.

Agree with this, too.

Also, Oathkeeper means waaayyy too much to Brienne now for her to relinquish it to Sandor, don't you think? She'd throw a shit fit before she gave it up! It represents to much for her. It represents her promise to Cat, her promise to Jaime, her love for Jaime, her journey from Renly's service to Cat's service, her failed mission to find the girls, her wild goose chase that got Nimble Dick killed, her responsibility she feels for Pod and Sansa and Arya.....

Simply put: She is not parting with that sword. Brienne will be Sansa's champion.

I think the main reason she wouldn't want to relinquish the sword is because she sees it as Jaime's sword, and she wouldn't feel its her place to give it up. But if Jaime is dead, I could actually see her being happy to relinquish it to one of the Starks, especially if she feels she's fulfilled her duty to find and protect Sansa.

I would also love to see Brienne as Sansa's sworn shield or captain of her guard. As much as I'd like to see her go back home to Tarth and heal, I don't think she'd be happy or feel completely at home there. There was a reason she left in the first place. If she could find a place that would let her be herself (like the North!), I think I'd ultimately rather see her there.

And despite their differences, I think Sansa would like and value Brienne. They're alike in as many ways as they're different.

I think the main reason she wouldn't want to relinquish the sword is because she sees it as Jaime's sword, and she wouldn't feel its her place to give it up. But if Jaime is dead, I could actually see her being happy to relinquish it to one of the Starks, especially if she feels she's fulfilled her duty to find and protect Sansa.

I would also love to see Brienne as Sansa's sworn shield or captain of her guard. As much as I'd like to see her go back home to Tarth and heal, I don't think she'd be happy or feel completely at home there. There was a reason she left in the first place. If she could find a place that would let her be herself (like the North!), I think I'd ultimately rather see her there.

And despite their differences, I think Sansa would like and value Brienne. They're alike in as many ways as they're different.

Then she needs a history lesson, it was never Jamies , and as someone else mentioned Brienne should swear Tarth to Starks she shouldn't have to give up her own lordship to keep a promise to Cat.

I think the main reason she wouldn't want to relinquish the sword is because she sees it as Jaime's sword, and she wouldn't feel its her place to give it up.

Now I want to snatch it up and beat her over the head with it. :bang: Jaime told her that it was Ned Stark's sword.

And, I'll make a prediction. Brienne will survive the series and take up the lordship of Tarth by the end. I can see it coming from a mile away. There will be a lot of women in positions of power in ADOS.

I'm a bit torn about what I want to go on with Brienne. I was re-reading again the other day and at one point Jaime makes a crack about how Tarth must be horrible, and she says "Tarth is beautiful." which kind of makes me wonder if she would like to go back when she can. I agree though that she would be good around Sansa. I think that they would get along, possibly with a sister like bond. As much as I know Sansa truly cares for her real sister, Arya, Brienne is sort of more, in temperament, the sister of Sansa's soul.

Then she needs a history lesson, it was never Jamies , and as someone else mentioned Brienne should swear Tarth to Starks she shouldn't have to give up her own lordship to keep a promise to Cat.

Now I want to snatch it up and beat her over the head with it. :bang: Jaime told her that it was Ned Stark's sword.

Hey, I didn't say she was right! Just that I think that's how she'd see it. And I did say I thought she'd be happy to give it back to one of the Starks if she'd fulfilled her duty.

And, I'll make a prediction. Brienne will survive the series and take up the lordship of Tarth by the end. I can see it coming from a mile away. There will be a lot of women in positions of power in ADOS.

So can I - but what do we know, we're just wimmin who don't understand realpolitik.

Hey, I didn't say she was right! Just that I think that's how she'd see it.

I agree with both of you. I agree that Brienne associates the sword with Jaime. However I think she'd relinquish it quickly, as she was given it by Jaime to do one specific thing - find/protect Sansa. If Sansa wanted her father's sword back, Brienne might be sad about parting with something Jaime gave her, but she'd do it, no questions asked.

I'm a bit torn about what I want to go on with Brienne. I was re-reading again the other day and at one point Jaime makes a crack about how Tarth must be horrible, and she says "Tarth is beautiful." which kind of makes me wonder if she would like to go back when she can. I agree though that she would be good around Sansa. I think that they would get along, possibly with a sister like bond. As much as I know Sansa truly cares for her real sister, Arya, Brienne is sort of more, in temperament, the sister of Sansa's soul.

Oh god that part makes me feel so many feelings.

I would love to be able to swoop up Brienne, Pod, Sansa, Myrcella, Tommen, Arya, Bran, Rickon, and anyone else who wants to come, and take them to a magical land where no one will be able to hurt them again.

:bawl:

Archived