The Official Appreciation Thread for Sansa, Queen in the North v. 2

i think he'd be terrified, but he can face his fears-he went out into battle on three sorties during the BBB surrounded by wildfire and he faced Ser Beric and the flaming sword. Now, I think anybody that faces a fire breathing dragon is going to shit themselves but I think he will be able to master his fear.

"Bugger that" lol, if it's a choice between Ice and Fire I think.... It'll be the Ice side he chooses.

I can't see him entertaining the idea of seeing dragons :shocked:

He might if Sansa's life depended on him getting her out to safety.

@Grail King

I cant see him facing fire again unless pushed..... He valued his reputation as being a fearless warrior when he was in KL but Tyrion pushed him to his limit..... In his own eyes he lost that reputation when he fled, and he's not the type of person to go out seeking glory ...

but saying that I think your right if Sansa was at risk, he'd be the selfless hero.... again

@Grail King

I cant see him facing fire again unless pushed..... He valued his reputation as being a fearless warrior when he was in KL but Tyrion pushed him to his limit..... In his own eyes he lost that reputation when he fled, and he's not the type of person to go out seeking glory ...

but saying that I think your right if Sansa was at risk, he'd be the selfless hero.... again

I be willing to bet if either Stark girls were in peril he do what he have to to bring them out safely.

If it came down to killing unGregor just to kill him, then I don't think Sandor would face a dragon for that.

If it came to saving a Stark girl, then yes, he would.

Agreed. He will probably first piss his trousers in fear though, but then he'll get over it. When asked about the smell, he will just say "bugger, Dog peed on my leg again." Sandor will absolutely face fire again; R'hllor is not done with him. And next time, he's going to win. (I am optimistic tonight.)

Catching up on this thread because I am saying fuck all to the hopeless one. But first of all: I am glad to see that there is a Sansa as Elizabeth/Virgin Queen club catching on. I think this would be glorious. And she would look badass in the wigs/powders. Seriously, young Sansa already looks the part:

http://www.marileeco...abethscrots.jpg

But I also have to second the dragon-warging movement, as I still hope to see Wargmaster Sanserion ruler of the world (RAR) before series' end. And perhaps then we will also see Littlefinger and UnGreg barbecue, because toasted zombie is good. Perhaps if enough of us are behind this crack, it won't be a crack anymore? The only thing that's working against it right now, unfortunately, is that Sansa's warging abilities are either completely unattested in the text or are very faintly attested. But I don't care. It's my crack and I'm sticking to it.

Now, as to the warging of a dragon in general. There was a DwD thread several months ago that actually presented an extremely well thought out theory as to why the Targs never rolled up and conquered the North. The reason for this was that the Targs somehow realized that it would be a complete clusterfuck since their dragons would be warged by the superwargs up there. (The poster who proposed this theory made a much better case for it than I am here.) And Martin has been mum on the question of whether it's possible to warg a dragon, right?

So, so far in the Stark family we have one super-warg in Bran, one warg whose powers extend across the Narrow Sea in Arya, one warg who has other Skinchangers going "damn!" from t'other side of the Wall, one warg whose wolf was essentially his weapon, and one warg of uncertain abilities but who is most likely completely feral. So the likelihood of Sansa having at least decent warg skills is likely. Now that she's descended from the Eyrie, it's likely she will come in contact with more critters. (She noted that the Eyrie was strangely silent since there were no dogs and horses.) So she needs to find another woof woof and start practicing on it.

And please, Martin, give her a gigantic ferocious hairy thing like a wolfhound, rather than one of those lame girly drop-kick dogs. (Morbidly j/k; I am the loving owner of a fluffy dkd. The worst treatment he has ever gotten is having his peanut butter snacks cut off.)

ETA: found the old thread. Look for tze's post, halfway down the page. On why the Valyrians never conquered Westeros:

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/56698-why-didnt-the-valyrians-conquer-westeros/

I tend to think that if it was possible to warg a human (I know one attempt went horribly wrong and the other terrifies the host, but it is possible), then it would be possible to warg a dragon. Hopefully Tree!Bran will be able to turn the dragons against each other or against their handlers if someone was invading the North.

And please, Martin, give her a gigantic ferocious hairy thing like a wolfhound, rather than one of those lame girly drop-kick dogs.

Do they even have lame girly drop-kick dogs in Westeros? It seems like Lysa Arryn would definitely have had one if they did. Anyone who says things like "Oh, poo to that!" would definitely be the type to own a tiny yapping dog, it seems to me. So I'm thinking they only have the larger breeds in Westeros.

At any rate, if Lady and the old blind dog at the Fingers are anything to go by, Sansa seems to like big dogs. But we already knew that.

Somewhere someone called her the Falcon Queen.

I called her such, here it is. I think it would be epic.

As to the theories floated about lately, my personal opinions:

1. Dragon-warging:

---I give a big thumbs up to this idea! This would definitely float with me. To me I could see Sansa being very happy at having the freedomof flying away as a dragon. I mean, caged bird no more? I think it would please her. In general I would much rather her having something to do with a dragon rather than........Tyrion, for example. (sigh).

And I would like to expand on this theory. I think the three dragons currently alive will be ridden by "reincarnations" of the first three famous riders: Aegon, Rhaenys, & Visenya who came and took over Westeros. I think obviously Drogon + Dany make the pair of Aegon and his dragon - they are the conquerors, the leadership of the pack. I could easily see Sansa riding/warging Rhaegal, as the "new" Rhaenys - she seems to resemble the Rhaenys herself. SEE HERE. Younger, pretty, graceful, more playful than stern... mmhmm.

So if the theory is correct, then we need a "Visenya" candidate to ride Viserion. SEE HERE.

I would find it very interesting since all the dragons that were hatched were considered "male" if the three dragon riders were all female. But it's probably not necessary.

2. Sansa, the Virgin Queen:

I give this a thumbs down. No, it's not a bad idea, but honestly I would be very disappointed with this reality at the end of the series. For me despite all the naivete breaking incidents Sansa has endured over the books, I want her to retain quite a bit of who she started as, the things tha make her her. And for me this includes being somewhat of a romantic. Clarifying, I don't want her to be dependent on a man/woman, but I would like for her to have a loving companionship with someone who is dear to her. I very much want Sansa to have power if that's what she decides on. I would like to see her "Independent". But I would be saddened if she never got close to any one. I just would.

i think he'd be terrified, but he can face his fears-he went out into battle on three sorties during the BBB surrounded by wildfire and he faced Ser Beric and the flaming sword. Now, I think anybody that faces a fire breathing dragon is going to shit themselves but I think he will be able to master his fear.

Hmm...what if Sansa (not Bran, Jon, or Arya, as most people theorize) is the Stark who will warg a dragon, to save Sandor? That'd be awesome!

ETA: Well, I should've read the entire thread, including most recent responses, because now I feel dumb...sorry!

ETA2: Ok, I don't feel quite as stupid, seeing as no one had mentioned Sansa actually saving Sandor's life via warging. I think that'd be really cool for her to have a heroic moment, especially since it reverses the knight/damsel archetype. And it's unexpected.

Hmm...what if Sansa (not Bran, Jon, or Arya, as most people theorize) is the Stark who will warg a dragon, to save Sandor? That'd be awesome!

:commie:

I would find it very amazing if she got to be the hero, just once. :)

Yeah, I guess I can understand that reasoning. And from Mance's perspective, Dalla (the mother of his child) seemed to be a little like Sansa in that she was soft-spoken and gentle yet strong, so Sansa might be his type as well. (I'm not shipping it, mind you, just playing devil's advocate here.)

Mance is described as having hair that's almost completely gone to gray, though, and it's hard for me to picture Sansa with a gray-haired dude. Which is silly, I know, since I've been known to ship her with a guy whose face is half-burnt off. But, there you have it.

Think: George Clooney. Makes it slightly less grody for me, though I'm still not shipping them!

Think: George Clooney. Makes it slightly less grody for me, though I'm still not shipping them!

That still skeeves me out. I mean, picturing poor Sophie Turner (who plays Sansa on the HBO series, and is 15) with George Clooney is pretty disgusting to me. He could be her grandfather!

(He is 50 years old).

ETA: I don't think Mance is anywhere near as old as George Clooney. Probably closer to 30. Actually, it's possible to start graying quite young. My uncle started going gray by age 17.

You and your crackpot theories just gave me another one. If Ice is reforged (like it should), will it retain the red glow the Oathkeeper and the Widow's Wail have? And if yes, maybe it should be called "Fire and Ice" :).

And if it were reforged, it would certainly be too big for Sansa. The original Ice was longer then Robb. (Taller?) And no, I'm not thinking "Sandor" now. I want him to have some badass sword, but not this one.

I called her such, here it is. I think it would be epic.

As to the theories floated about lately, my personal opinions:

1. Dragon-warging:

---I give a big thumbs up to this idea! This would definitely float with me. To me I could see Sansa being very happy at having the freedomof flying away as a dragon. I mean, caged bird no more? I think it would please her. In general I would much rather her having something to do with a dragon rather than........Tyrion, for example. (sigh).

And I would like to expand on this theory. I think the three dragons currently alive will be ridden by "reincarnations" of the first three famous riders: Aegon, Rhaenys, & Visenya who came and took over Westeros. I think obviously Drogon + Dany make the pair of Aegon and his dragon - they are the conquerors, the leadership of the pack. I could easily see Sansa riding/warging Rhaegal, as the "new" Rhaenys - she seems to resemble the Rhaenys herself. SEE HERE. Younger, pretty, graceful, more playful than stern... mmhmm.

So if the theory is correct, then we need a "Visenya" candidate to ride Viserion. SEE HERE.

I would find it very interesting since all the dragons that were hatched were considered "male" if the three dragon riders were all female. But it's probably not necessary.

2. Sansa, the Virgin Queen:

I give this a thumbs down. No, it's not a bad idea, but honestly I would be very disappointed with this reality at the end of the series. For me despite all the naivete breaking incidents Sansa has endured over the books, I want her to retain quite a bit of who she started as, the things tha make her her. And for me this includes being somewhat of a romantic. Clarifying, I don't want her to be dependent on a man/woman, but I would like for her to have a loving companionship with someone who is dear to her. I very much want Sansa to have power if that's what she decides on. I would like to see her "Independent". But I would be saddened if she never got close to any one. I just would.

Who's your choice here?

You and your crackpot theories just gave me another one. If Ice is reforged (like it should), will it retain the red glow the Oathkeeper and the Widow's Wail have? And if yes, maybe it should be called "Fire and Ice" :).

And if it were reforged, it would certainly be too big for Sansa. The original Ice was longer then Robb. (Taller?) And no, I'm not thinking "Sandor" now. I want him to have some badass sword, but not this one.

To continue on from your crackpotting, if Ice isn't reforged, then the smaller sword Widow's Wail would be a good step up from Neddle for a certain little girl.

Now if the dragons die you do risk the losing Dany, Sansa, and Arya (unless you mean Brienne)

I can deal with loss of Danny not Sansa , I don't think at this point Sansa is any where she has to be to warg dragons unless they have pea brains and I don't think they do.

Hmm. Well I know that red dye was added, but would this automatically make the sword represent "fire"? It's a Lannister color, it wasn't intended to represent fire.

I just read that Ice stood around 6 feet tall, roughly (as tall as a grown man).

Archived