The Official Appreciation Thread for Sansa, Queen in the North v. 2

Yesssss. Lucky Sansa.

Btw, how old is Pod? For some reason I'm thinking he's a little younger even than Sansa.

I'm pretty sure Sansa and Pod are about the same age. If he's younger, it would only be by a couple months I think.

I looked it up on the ASOIAF wiki, and they have him listed as 12, so he's about a year younger than Sansa give or take. I have no problem with that.

I totally get that PodSan is not as compelling as some other Sansa pairings, but I don't think I even care, because it's sweet and for once it's a Sansa pairing that doesn't make me feel guilty or conflicted at all. Yay! *rolls around gleefully in the lack of guilt*

Ahem. Sorry. Carry on, everyone.

it's a Sansa pairing that doesn't make me feel guilty or conflicted at all. Yay! *rolls around gleefully in the lack of guilt*

This was what convinced me. Pod will get over his stuttering. He will outgrow his pimples. They will have awkward teenage time.

I think I am turning to goo on the inside.

Hey, littlespider, have you read Podrick's journal lately?

This is relevant I swear.

Very cute. I can just see the kid hiding his yearnings inside a journal.

Not sure that Sansa could be attracted to a cousin of Ilyn Payne though; I mean, she has nightmares about Payne. Maybe in a few years, if Lady Stoneheart hasn't hanged Pod, he'll be older and might have stopped stuttering, Sansa will be older and hopefully not under Littlefinger's thumb and be more mature (and hopefully no longer married to Tyrion)...

Very cute. I can just see the kid hiding his yearnings inside a journal.

Not sure that Sansa could be attracted to a cousin of Ilyn Payne though; I mean, she has nightmares about Payne. Maybe in a few years, if Lady Stoneheart hasn't hanged Pod, he'll be older and might have stopped stuttering, Sansa will be older and hopefully not under Littlefinger's thumb and be more mature (and hopefully no longer married to Tyrion)...

It's interesting that both named Payne have trouble speaking.;..

I know. Just saying that I don't think he perceives himself to have two different "personalities." At least, no more so than most people have their public face and their private face. Certainly not to the extent of Sansa being Alayne.

Well it's possible that he doesn't think of himself as having two personas as Sansa recognizes she has two. He might just be going on with his life and not even considering it.

I looked it up on the ASOIAF wiki, and they have him listed as 12, so he's about a year younger than Sansa give or take. I have no problem with that.

I totally get that PodSan is not as compelling as some other Sansa pairings, but I don't think I even care, because it's sweet and for once it's a Sansa pairing that doesn't make me feel guilty or conflicted at all. Yay! *rolls around gleefully in the lack of guilt*

Ahem. Sorry. Carry on, everyone.

No guilt, no gain, bb. You gotta have what it takes to be a hardcore shipper! ;)

Though, Pod... :wub: can speak to my feet anytime, and to my face, if he feels brave that day!

That was such an adorable poem.

Gotta say I really love the Sansa Pod ship.

The only way I can accept a Sansa tyrion marriage at the end now, if Pod is their knight, and Sansa cheats with him on tyrion all the time, and all her children are from Pod. It wouldn't be hard, tyrion is drunk half the time, Sansa just has to say, of course they are yours don't you remember claiming your rights as a husband when you were compeletly wasted? trolled alá Cersei

(but insert any ageapropriate not creepy decent nice guy in Pod's place, and I can accept the theory)

Though I would be the happiest if that marriage would beocme nonexistent.

That was such an adorable poem.

Gotta say I really love the Sansa Pod ship.

The only way I can accept a Sansa tyrion marriage at the end now, if Pod is their knight, and Sansa cheats with him on tyrion all the time, and all her children are from Pod. It wouldn't be hard, tyrion is drunk half the time, Sansa just has to say, of course they are yours don't you remember claiming your rights as a husband when you were compeletly wasted? trolled alá Cersei

(but insert any ageapropriate not creepy decent nice guy in Pod's place, and I can accept the theory)

Though I would be the happiest if that marriage would beocme nonexistent.

Hilarious!!

And I am with you -- the marriage needs to be over, though at the present moment it's a sort of helpful obstacle to Littlefinger dumping her into Harry's bed.

I'm hoping the marriage was a plot device. There are two reasons for this:

1: After Sansa escaped, there needed to be a good reason she couldn't be secretly married off right away.

2: Had Sansa fled during the Wedding and not been married to Tyrion, then all the suspicion would have fallen on her and Tyrion wouldn't have stood trial and therefore wouldn't have killed Tywin and be on his way to Dany.

Please, please, please let it just be a plot device!!

Littlefinger: Do you want more blood on your pretty little hands, sweetling?

:stillsick:

He wants Sansa to feel responsible, to make it harder for her to get away from him.

Which leads to another interesting point.....will he tell her that it was her telling Cersei about them leaving that got her father (and subsequently her whole family)killed in order to try and break her down?

Also I don't believe it is what got Ned killed. He did a fine job of that all by himself when he met up with Cersei in the Godswood and when he decided to trust Littlefinger.

Also even as you say, if the marriage means more than a plot device, I too hope it is annulled. Also Tyrion thinks of Sansa, is it once, in ADWD?

Also even as you say, if the marriage means more than a plot device, I too hope it is annulled. Also Tyrion thinks of Sansa, is it once, in ADWD?

Being married is the excuse he gives Penny for not wanting to sleep with her, because he wants to stay true to his wife.

Yeah, he's a little inconsistent in his attitudes toward marital fidelity.....

Being married is the excuse he gives Penny for not wanting to sleep with her, because he wants to stay true to his wife.

Yeah, he's a little inconsistent in his attitudes toward marital fidelity.....

Yeah, that was the one instant I was thinking of. Are there any others?

He also compares Penny to Sansa at one point, when he thinks about how they're both naive and tend to dwell on how they wish things could be instead of how they really are. Surprisingly, Sansa comes out of that comparison in a relatively favorable light in Tyrion's POV, since he makes allowances for her youth and sheltered upbringing; he doesn't feel that Penny has any such excuse.

I've also seen it suggested that his line, "I miss my wife, the wife I hardly knew," was a reference to Sansa, though I'm almost positive he actually meant Tysha. Still, it's ambiguous enough that I'll put it out there as a moment when he possibly may have been thinking of her. Even though I really don't think he was.

I'm positive it meant Tysha. Sansa made him miserable -- there was one point where he thought that she was lost to him.

I don't think Tyrion has any intention of trying to get her back or wants her back. Although if he meets her again, he might have something to say about framing him for Joff's death. Even there, he doesn't believe that she pulled that off alone.

Do you think Tyrion, whatever bitterness he feels toward her, may still feel some obligation to protect Sansa simply because she's still his wife? There's this passage in ASoS, during his trial:

"Tyrion, did you kill King Joffrey?"

He would not waste a heartbeat. "No."

"Well, that's a relief," said Oberyn Martell dryly.

"Did Sansa Stark do it, then?" Lord Tyrell demanded.

I would have, if I'd been her. Yet wherever Sansa was and whatever her part in this might have been, she remained his wife. He had wrapped the cloak of his protection about her shoulders, though he'd had to stand on a fool's back to do it. "The gods killed Joffrey. He choked on his pigeon pie."

Maybe I'm just being spectacularly naive, but things like this give me hope that when/if the time comes, Tyrion will give her a relatively amicable annulment, and in the meantime won't go out of his way to make her life hell.

But then I remember that this is the same guy who murdered Shae because he felt betrayed by her, and I wonder why I'm kidding myself...

Archived