The Official Appreciation Thread for Sansa, Queen in the North v. 2

As someone with long hair who wears it down and unstyled 95% of the time, I take offense. My hair does not look nasty - I take care of it and when I'm doing anything technical I put it up.

That said, I can see Cersei and Cat wearing their hair down (and I think both look beautiful as such, regardless of age), because they are Ladies who have the luxury of doing so. Cat understandably braids it when travelling, as does Cersei, I believe.

(null)

I LIKE LONG HAIR!, the Southern fancy styles look stupid!

Of course I'm a guy what does it matter.

Not at the moment - it's mid-back, though. My mother used to have hip length hair and she wore it down and unstyled all the time - it was beautiful. (our hair is pretty much identical, which is why I bring it up)

I'm sure many women mistreat their hair, but I find that if cared for properly, long, natural unstyled hair can be gorgeous.

ETA: that is curious re: Lysa and the hair dye. I had never thought of it. Maybe Petyr wrote to her to have some on hand, not telling her why?

Yes, I Think Little finger had all this in the works, he knew what he was planning hence the dye.

Yes, I Think Little finger had all this in the works, he knew what he was planning hence the dye.

Littlefinger mentions in ASOS, while reassuring poor shocked (from seeing Ser Dontos 'feathered' with arrows) Sansa, that he's got fresh clothes for her all ready, and apologizes for not having the finest silks and satins or whatever, but they're warm and in her size - the guy's a planner, he found out her size, down to the undies! Of course he'd make sure there would be hair dye for her back at the Fingers or in the Eyrie. I assume that he ordered some, or had his agents order some, several weeks before the Sansa-grab.

AFFC, final Alayne chapter, when she and Sweetrobin are going down in the bucket system:

And then, a prophecy:

Induitably this has been discussed before, but when I was reading through the AFFC chapter from above, this seems to suggest to me that the theory of the prophecy referring to the scene where Sweetrobin messes up the Snow Winterfell Sansa has built isn't what's actually meant. I think this phrase, which was written in italics (which Martin uses for emphasis on a regular basis), seems to point to the Eyrie being the castle made of snow. What's up for discussion is the identity of the savage giant. I've heard theories on it being Lysa, LF, or Gregor, predominantly.

Thoughts? Who is Sansa going to "slay"?

I don't know if Gregor could make that climb ( of course he's no longer human ), I think Jamie and Sandor will take care of Gregor, Sansa gets to take LF down either because he killed Sweetie or she finds out all his treachery, the only way I see Sansa kill Gregor is if she kills Qyburn the controller.

I think it's funny the most debate Sansa is causing is hair-style related.

Duh, that's because most of the people on this thread are in agreement that she kicks ass. The only thing that's still to be determined is how she is going to kick ass in the future.

My hair is thin and fine as well, but I've learned that I can have it short and have to style it every day to look remotely decent, or have it long and be able to let it air dry and still look nice. Granted, I have some natural wave to my hair that helps that. But I think you should wear your hair the way you want to, and the way that makes you feel best. :)

The natural wave is helpful. My mom (original hippie generation) had the waist length, straight as an arrow, parted down the middle style for a long, long time. It looked gorgeous on her.

Me, I'd like to do the Pink 'do: short, spikey, and bleach blonde. Since this would make my husband sit in a corner and cry, I'm holding off. (He does, after all, grow a big red beard every year for me, so tit for tat.)

Also in that same chapter it says "Sansa Stark went up the mountain, but Alayne Stone is coming down." Maybe Alayne will have to go up the mountain once more and slay the savage giant to become Sansa again.

Love this. And my prediction is that that giant is Littlefinger. Other candidates have been Greg and Tyrion (the giant of Lannister). But I think Sansa will have it out for Littlefinger eventually.

And re: the hairdye. This was Lysa's (bad) idea, not Littlefinger's. They have to send far away for it, and by the end of FFC, aren't they running out?

Love this. And my prediction is that that giant is Littlefinger. Other candidates have been Greg and Tyrion (the giant of Lannister).

OK, I'ma gonna brag about my hair, very thick, wavy and dark brown with red undertones and blonde highlights in summer. It's currently down to the small of my back, I wear it down most of the time, but if I'm doing something important (like eating or cooking) I actually tie it in a knot.

Now, onto the giant-I had forgotton about Tyrion as a possibility, if he arrives on dragonback to torch the Eyrie, she may have to slay him, also takes care of that pesky marriage thing.

OK, I'ma gonna brag about my hair, very thick, wavy and dark brown with red undertones and blonde highlights in summer. It's currently down to the small of my back, I wear it down most of the time, but if I'm doing something important (like eating or cooking) I actually tie it in a knot.

***jealous****

Now, onto the giant-I had forgotton about Tyrion as a possibility, if he arrives on dragonback to torch the Eyrie, she may have to slay him, also takes care of that pesky marriage thing.

This would do the trick, though I'd hope that Dany would have a better plan of attack than simply BURN ALL THE THINGS!!! Sorry, I just really wanted to say that...

I hold out hope that Tyrion will willingly grant an annulment, though.

This would do the trick, though I'd hope that Dany would have a better plan of attack than simply BURN ALL THE THINGS!!! Sorry, I just really wanted to say that...

Is that a pun on the Hyperbole and a Half website? :D

I hold out hope that Tyrion will willingly grant an annulment, though.

Realistically that is my hope too. Although Tyrion may return to Westeros to find his marriage annulled and his wife married to Aegon and expecting what seems to be a very large baby. ;)

I'm really hoping the Sansa /Tyrion marriage was a clever plot device to explain why LF wasn;t marrying her to Harry right away and why she would still want to leave KL and why both she and Tyrion would be accused of regicide and not because GRRM is going to keep them together. Biggest Fear. :ack:

I dont know where, but on a forum, another one... yeah, I got it; this one here:

http://forums.televisionwithoutpity.com/index.php?showtopic=3207577

A really interesting forum about the Winds of Winter predictions, a huge part of the discussion was about what was about to happen in the Vale, si if anyone's interested; there is a lot of interesting stuff over there !

I dont know where, but on a forum, another one... yeah, I got it; this one here:

http://forums.televi...owtopic=3207577

A really interesting forum about the Winds of Winter predictions, a huge part of the discussion was about what was about to happen in the Vale, si if anyone's interested; there is a lot of interesting stuff over there !

Nice link. There is a thread in the ADWD section on The Younger Queen predictions and a lot focus on how it maybe Sansa. Despite my personal preference for her to end up with a certain someone else, it actually seems like a really good match for her.

Is that a pun on the Hyperbole and a Half website? :D

Yes indeedy. If I had photoshop I would play with that meme to make it look like Dany.

Realistically that is my hope too. Although Tyrion may return to Westeros to find his marriage annulled and his wife married to Aegon and expecting what seems to be a very large baby. ;)

I'm really hoping the Sansa /Tyrion marriage was a clever plot device to explain why LF wasn;t marrying her to Harry right away and why she would still want to leave KL and why both she and Tyrion would be accused of regicide and not because GRRM is going to keep them together. Biggest Fear. :ack:

I'll be very interested to see what happens in this regard as well.

Part of me suspects that getting an official annulment on the books is going to be a last case priority once Dany and the Others come to town, since there will be other things to worry about.

Yes indeedy. If I had photoshop I would play with that meme to make it look like Dany.

Bloody Brilliant! If you can do that...It would be amazing!!!!! Also do you think the god of cake is a lemon cake? :drool:

I'll be very interested to see what happens in this regard as well.

Part of me suspects that getting an official annulment on the books is going to be a last case priority once Dany and the Others come to town, since there will be other things to worry about.

This is very true. I have the suspicion that all the battles and infighting over the Iron Throne are just going to melt away into nothingness once the Others appear on mass. The only sad thing is it is the bloody North that will get hit first. :bang:

And how fabulous she'll look doing it! :D

It's as good a topic as any. Can I just say here that I love picturing Sansa in either of Northern sword crowns? I really hope she gets to wear one in the books. This is crackpot, but I think Jaime might be the person to bring Robb's to her — after all a. the last time we saw him he was moving towards UnCat who currently has it b. he might go look for Sansa with Brienne and c. Ser Criston Cole the Kingmaker was first brought up in his POV, which I hope means something to his story and wasn't just so that we would get the references to him in Arianne's chapters...

Other things that Sansa should wear during the course of the series:

A crown of winter roses once she gets back to Winterfell. I know that they are associated with Lyanna, so Arya or Jon would be a more logical choice for this, but they would look so gorgeous on Sansa with her auburn hair and blue eyes.. A girl can dream.

Sandor's cloak. I don't care that it's probably somewhere in King's Landing and Sansa didn't bring it to Vale as I thought on my first read, I think it would be a shame if it's never mentioned/used again. Sansa would look cool in all white and grey of Starks with white bloodstained cloak on her shoulders and she could use it when she names the first member of her Kingsguard, so it's both fashionable and practical. ^_^

Littlefinger mentions in ASOS, while reassuring poor shocked (from seeing Ser Dontos 'feathered' with arrows) Sansa, that he's got fresh clothes for her all ready, and apologizes for not having the finest silks and satins or whatever, but they're warm and in her size - the guy's a planner, he found out her size, down to the undies! Of course he'd make sure there would be hair dye for her back at the Fingers or in the Eyrie. I assume that he ordered some, or had his agents order some, several weeks before the Sansa-grab.

Oh, Littlefinger. Just when I thought I couldn't possibly find you any creepier.

Ah well, I'm sure Sansa actually appreciated it, so long as she didn't think too hard about him making inquiries about the size of her smallclothes.

Oh, Littlefinger. Just when I thought I couldn't possibly find you any creepier.

Ah well, I'm sure Sansa actually appreciated it, so long as she didn't think too hard about him making inquiries about the size of her smallclothes.

Just to increase the creepiness factor a little:

Sansa is still 12/13 years old, and we know from the book that she is rapidly growing.

Which means LF had to know her latest size. Did he have someone from her maids reporting him monthly? :stillsick:

Just to increase the creepiness factor a little:

Sansa is still 12/13 years old, and we know from the book that she is rapidly growing.

Which means LF had to know her latest size. Did he have someone from her maids reporting him monthly? :stillsick:

Her maids were changed weekly or every two weeks, LF could easily have slipped in one of his spies as one of them or his spy could have been one of the washerwomen or the women who measured her for her (grrr) "new dress".

Archived