Supernatural

Lord of the Night

By Kevin's time many angels had died and most of its organization had changed. So far, we have 2 Archangels dead and 2 Archangels caged, one (Metraton) who can still be at large or not. Most of Heaven's powerful leadership is gone. We know one thing, not all Archangels are meant for Prophet keeping, in fact we only know of Raphael and he's dead. Also, Chuck was a far more important factor to protect because of his part on the Apocallypse.

Anyway, if a prophet being guarded by an Archangel meant that he was God, don't you think the Archangels themselves would've figured it out? Yet, Raphael himself says that God has left them and is possibly dead.

That is somewhat true. Eric planned for Chuck to be God because the 5th season was supposed to be the end of the show. It wasn't, so there's little confirmation that Chuck did really play God besides Eric's planned show ending. I'm sure the showrunners after Kripe will say no if you ever asked them that.

Anyway my question now is, who the heck is ruling Heaven? Naomi (or so) is just a garrison chief. But if she really gives the orders based on what the higher Hierarchy commands her to (including killing Angels), I have a feeling that the heavenly guy calling the shots is pretty evil.

This. Heaven has been absolutely decimated, as has been Hell. That's what has allowed us the awesomeness of Crowley, working his way up from a relatively lowly part of the demon hierarchy as a crossroads demon into the top spot. I imagine Naomi and Heaven has a similar story, where maybe she as a lowly garrison chief or someone slightly above her might be calling the shots now.

I'm sure that will be a major revelation coming down the line this season- What Naomi is doing, whether there is someone higher up than her commanding her and calling the shots, and whether that person is "good" or "evil". It would be really cool if the demons somehow found a way to infiltrate Heaven.

Anyway, although I'm interested in the outcome at this point I more enjoy the Men of Letters stuff, but then again any excuse to get Crowley and/or Castiel on screen is fine by me.

I love the Men of Letters part of the story line.

I just watched the latest episode. Had a lot of elements from the 'good ol dayz.'

But what was the point of Meg in this episode. She has been a useful character in the past. But this episode. - Other than revealing Cas' true mission and helping them find what they were looking for. Her end scene seemed pointless.... Well full of one point.. But I was left wondering why it happened that way.

Archived