Supernatural

Lord of the Night

OK,this was good one too. Love supernatural Dallas :) It felt so good to see some of old mythology and lore.i hate when tv shows just forget about all the things that happened in previous seasons. It's refreshing look on old stuff. I knew from the moment dean said his little speech he's not going to be the one to complete the tasks,it was too obvious. Sam is the man. Everything was like way I like it,brothers were together,putting each other first and all...and that's why that whole Amelia story now makes even less sense than before. After making him choose between peaceful life with the woman he loves and hunting life only couple episodes after we hear Dean saying how that's is in fact what he wants for his brother.Cmon writers than why did he insisted on Sam giving it all up if that is his dream? People have some consistency please.

Three tasks,one down two more to go...Why I think the last one will be to kill king of hell ?

I liked it too, really like the opening again promped with very old clips. I did get that the girl was the one it was after ( when they basiclly said, "its not the girl, she works here") but who made the deal for the Oil?

I thought for sure they were going to ask Kevin to live in the MoL cave.

I think there was more to the whole Crowley not telling them 10 years. Might bite Crowley in his ass, kind of thing.

ETA: OK I must of forgot, but what happen to the Devil in Sam's mind? Wasn't it all about to blow up end of last season? No mention this season at all?

I liked it too, really like the opening again promped with very old clips. I did get that the girl was the one it was after ( when they basiclly said, "its not the girl, she works here") but who made the deal for the Oil?

I thought for sure they were going to ask Kevin to live in the MoL cave.

I think there was more to the whole Crowley not telling them 10 years. Might bite Crowley in his ass, kind of thing.

ETA: OK I must of forgot, but what happen to the Devil in Sam's mind? Wasn't it all about to blow up end of last season? No mention this season at all?

Didn't Castial take Sam's memories of hell into himself in season 7 i think?

After making him choose between peaceful life with the woman he loves and hunting life only couple episodes after we hear Dean saying how that's is in fact what he wants for his brother.Cmon writers than why did he insisted on Sam giving it all up if that is his dream?

I don't really think it was about making Sam choose the hunters life so much as it was that they finally had the goal of no more demons in sight and Sam was wanting to give up the fight. So close to the end and Dean knows he can't do it alone. That's my take on it, at least.

There has definitely been some character growth for him these last few episodes, as he's always seemed like a dick in the way he's been like, "well, I love being a hunter and so should you Sam." It only took 10 years or so for him to realize that not everyone is a hard ass.

The younger daughter did. One of the other sisters mentioned at one point that the younger daughter always talked about how having money would make them all happy.

Yeah, Cas took Lucifer from Sam before it killed him. I don't quite remember how Cas got rid of Lucy. He was batshit crazy one minute with Meg looking after him in the mental hospital, and the next he was helping them go after Dick Roman.

I don't really think it was about making Sam choose the hunters life so much as it was that they finally had the goal of no more demons in sight and Sam was wanting to give up the fight. So close to the end and Dean knows he can't do it alone. That's my take on it, at least.

I guess you can look at it that way. But still that speech after being so hard on him because of Amelia. I don't know it was a bit of to me.

Yeah, Cas took Lucifer from Sam before it killed him. I don't quite remember how Cas got rid of Lucy. He was batshit crazy one minute with Meg looking after him in the mental hospital, and the next he was helping them go after Dick Roman.

He was still crazy I think.He just manage to function,remember how he acted all like he was high all the time. I think what sobered him up was purgatory.

I feel pretty good about this episode.

These last (almost) 8 seasons there has always been this underlying thread. That these guys gave up their lives for; Their mothers murder, for their fathers obsession and Sam's corruption.

They might do their jobs. At times they may even love that they are making a difference. Truly helping people in a way that us mundanes will perhaps never be aware of. They keep falling back into it and the life keeps following them.

But they have never accepted it as part of themselves. They both have wanted out. To be normal. They have suffered through each crisis. lamenting it.

While it's understandable. It's getting tired. And now this Men of Letters thing is on the table. This is a chance to really have them take the bull by the horns (So to speak).

A chance to accept and change how the game is played. Hell even recruit. Make what they do count and matter to them and not just what everyone else wants/needs/has planned for them.

It seems like this could be something new and refreshing while keeping to this world and overall mission. It might be possible now.

I just hope the writers don't stuff it up by having a Demon/Angel/Monster war take out the MoL/Batcave.

Which I suspect because Dean is making a home base for himself. Making it important on a personal level.

But

Now the Benny and Amelia's story has become the WTF?! part of this season.

I agree with Arry. Benny and Amelia now seam so pointles to me. Hope they didn't give them batcave just so they would have soethinng to loose again. Watching Dean decorate his first room an seeing him put moms picture on the table was really sad but nice moment to me. He was like little kid.

agreed with previous posts. This show is really on a roll right now ever since introducing the whole MOL mythology.

This was like an old-school Season 1 or 2 episode for me- Monster of the week with humorous side characters to protect, nice romantic chemistry between Dean and a woman who knows more than she's letting on, and the brothers actually being nice to each other and protecting each other rather than all the angst and manufactured conflict that has been a major part of the past few seasons. I really enjoyed this episode and it was like Supernatural Dallas lol.

I actually think overall this has been a really good season so far. As was mentioned above, the only WTF (and it's a MAJOR MAJOR one imo) is all the time wasted on that awful Sam/Amelia storyline. I was hoping for a major payoff to justify it, but at this point I'm actually fine with them just sweeping it under the rug, pretending it never happened, and hopefully never ever mentioning it again. Because it was that horrible of a storyline and that pointless.

I don't think it was pointless. It was there to show both Sam and Dean that there is more to life than being Hunters. It took Sam from the brink and put him back on firm ground, gave him the strength to continue fighting on and to see that light at the end of the tunnel. It's brought him hope, and hope is contagious.

I agree that it wasn't entertaining, but I think it had a point.

I also don't think we're through with Benny quite yet.

W/ Ameila was to give Sam what Dean found and then lost in Lisa, but most of it was pointless. It hasn't had a payoff yet, so I pretty sure we will see her again.

I too think Benny will be back, and Dean will likely have to kill him.

I don't think it was pointless. It was there to show both Sam and Dean that there is more to life than being Hunters. It took Sam from the brink and put him back on firm ground, gave him the strength to continue fighting on and to see that light at the end of the tunnel. It's brought him hope, and hope is contagious.

I agree we'll see Benny again. He has some serious angst potential. Either Dean will kill him or Sam and neither option will work for Dean.

As for Amelia showing Sam there's more to hunting...Didn't he always known that.He went to college because he knew there was more to life than that.He had Jess because he wanted more than that. Why he needs to learn it again and again.Not to mention he was the one to tell Dean to get a life when he went to hell so even then he thought there was more to life than hunting,so why now,why again with this? Did he loose perspective somewhere in last season or two?

As Kobayashi and Black Wolf said, we've known from Season 1 that Sam is not like Dean, that he sees a life beyond hunting. That very theme was brought up in the first ever episode of the series and has continued to be hammered into us at every opportunity. I really can't see the point of doing this yet again, especially with brutally long and disjointed sequences with Amelia that have no relevance to any demons or the current story arc as far as we know. Which I think leads us all to believe there is further payoff there, but as I said, at this point I'm happier if they just pretend it never happened since I'd rather not see her again.

I believe we will see Benny again 100%, and it will not end well. Which is unfortunate, because unlike Amelia, Benny was highly entertaining, relevant to the monster world, and had good chemistry with Dean. I'd honestly like to see him stick around as like an outside independent contractor who occasionally helps the brothers.

Like Vampire hunter? I would like that.If we have angel hunter why not vampire?

I think Amelia's pay out might be in the end when Sam goes to have that perfect normal life,he'll have a woman to go to. Something like that.

BTW 9th season is confirmed :)

Very sad, I loved this show early on. Season 5 and on has been bad. First half of this season was the first season where I was so bored I couldn't finish episodes. Then the hiatus and since then I haven't even bothered to turn it on. I'm not even sure what day it comes on anymore. Sam and Dean are officially gone for me. RIP.

Very sad, I loved this show early on. Season 5 and on has been bad. First half of this season was the first season where I was so bored I couldn't finish episodes. Then the hiatus and since then I haven't even bothered to turn it on. I'm not even sure what day it comes on anymore. Sam and Dean are officially gone for me. RIP.

Too bad,I find this season to be pretty good :dunno:

Benny's one of my favorite side characters in a long time (I count Cas as a main character now, despite his dearth of screen time this season). Maybe it's the accent :wub: . Hope he comes back soon. Still not quite as awesome as Lucifer though. Speaking of Lucy,

Anyone else wish there was more time awhile back with Lucifer hanging out randomly on the scene, acting like a jilted schoolgirl when Sam wouldn't pay attention to him? I remember laughing way too much when he stuck his (forked) tongue out. And throwing him a hint to a case despite himself. Mark Pellegrino's fantastic in anything though.

Like Vampire hunter? I would like that.If we have angel hunter why not vampire?

I think Amelia's pay out might be in the end when Sam goes to have that perfect normal life,he'll have a woman to go to. Something like that.

BTW 9th season is confirmed :)

yeah exactly like that haha. He can be an independent contractor who helps the Winchesters clear out vampire nests.

I think you're missing out honestly. The first half of this season wasn't great but recently the show has really been on a role and it's turning this overall into quite a good season, the best one in a few years imo. You should definitely try to watch some of the recent episodes as they sort of reboot the mythology a little bit in a good way.

Benny's one of my favorite side characters in a long time (I count Cas as a main character now, despite his dearth of screen time this season). Maybe it's the accent :wub: . Hope he comes back soon. Still not quite as awesome as Lucifer though. Speaking of Lucy,

Anyone else wish there was more time awhile back with Lucifer hanging out randomly on the scene, acting like a jilted schoolgirl when Sam wouldn't pay attention to him? I remember laughing way too much when he stuck his (forked) tongue out. And throwing him a hint to a case despite himself. Mark Pellegrino's fantastic in anything though.

I agree with you. Benny was awesome and I was very disappointed how Dean just sort of told him to go screw off and stay away. That bromance was awesome and I really wanted Benny to become like the demon version of Cas in the brother's team.

Yeah pretty much anything Pellegrino does he's amazing in. He even worked as Jacob although that plot made not one bit of sense to me :cool4: . I liked him as Lucifer but to be honest I was getting kind of bored of that where he was reduced to a harmless annoyance for Sam. I do hope Lucifer finds some way to free himself though and return for at least an episode to wreak havoc and stuff.

Archived