Supernatural

Lord of the Night

Gah, a demon version of Cas! Me want! I was wondering if Meg would become that, but alas. Her watching over Cas was adorable though. Guess she wanted to see what else the Pizza Man taught him.

Just because it was so loony, my favorite episode of the season was the cartoon one. It's not Supernatural without a few meta crazy episodes.

• 2 weeks later...

I must say this season reminds me of the good old days of seasons 4 and 5.We have story arc that is all heaven and hell,we have Cas,we have monster of the week,we have brothers working together,we have Sam having all this load on his shoulders and we have Dean wanting it was him in stead of his little brother. It's all i liked back then. :)

I don't know why but I still get all mellow when I see Dean having his own room. He's like kid who never had anything getting his first bike :)

Last episode was filler but nice one. I was wondering when will we see the Olympians :)

And description of Sam as guy with violent females in his past who dies a lot :D brilliant.

Great show, but not so great as it was in season 1-5.

Luckily the whole Flashback thing is over. personally I think that they handle it wrong. Viewers can handle a couple of episodes where Dean and Sam aren't together even if they think they can't. I would have loved to have a double premiere episode where we saw Sam having a normal life and Dean fighting his way out of purgatory. But I'm wondering how this season is going to end and what the makers have in mind for the next (and last) 2 seasons of this show.

I see this show mentioned a lot on Pinterest and have considered watching it only for the hot guys, but now I hear there's plot! Amazing :D

*Adds supernatural to her instant queue*

Yes yes! Join us! There's plenty of beautiful manflesh, but it's the relationships that really make me addicted.

Yay! They promoted Misha Collins back to the status of "series regular", so that means we'll get a lot more Castiel in season 9 than we've been getting these past two seasons since he was demoted back to guest star in season 7. He's my favorite character, so I'm pretty thrilled by this. :)

I know which other episodes Castiel will be in this season, but I'll spoiler it just in case anyone wants to be surprsied:

Castiel will be in the returning episode on March 20th, and then he'll appear in the last three episodes of the season, which will air May 1st, May 8th, and May 15th.

I've been enjoying this season much more than I did seasons 6 and 7. I'm pretty excited to see what happens with Castiel and Naomi, plus Sam and the trials. I feel like Kevin has grown beyond his initial Asian stereotype into a character I really like and care about now. Also I LOVE their new home and that Dean has his own room, and the Men of Letters addition to the show lore is great and much needed in my opinion. I haven't been enjoying the show this much since season 5.

That said, I think there were some missteps this season, mainly with how the flashbacks were handled. Purgatory stuff was handled okay, but they seemed unsatisfyingly short, and the Sam and Amelia stuff was mostly boring to me. I think I would have preferred they kept Sam and Dean apart for half the season with Sam working to find a way to get Dean and Cas out while they try and stay alive and make allies like Benny to do so. Sadly, the showrunners feared that fans would be upset if the brothers were apart for too long. :P I think they were wrong in this case but oh well.

Still, overall I'm more engaged and guinely excited to see what happenes next than I've been in awhile. So kudos to new showrunner, Jeremy Carver. I still think the show peaked in season 4, but I feel like this season has been an improvement over the last ones so far anyway.

Yay! They promoted Misha Collins back to the status of "series regular", so that means we'll get a lot more Castiel in season 9 than we've been getting these past two seasons since he was demoted back to guest star in season 7. He's my favorite character, so I'm pretty thrilled by this. :)

Isn't that usually the kiss of death in TV shows? They will bump someone up from recurring guest star to series regular in time for them to die as a series regular?

I always think of Tara from Buffy in this regard. She was a guest star for two seasons until about three episodes before her death when she was bumped to series regular (just in time for the advertising to start claiming a "series regular" would be killed off).

I hope that's not what it means for Cas. The guy is criminally underused.

I am 8 seasons in and dread every episode, but still watch it because I have been in it so long and just want to closure.

It started out really strong, I enjoyed both the monster-of-the-week aspects and the overarching storyline too, but over time the show has lost it's way and has become an unwieldy angst-fest.

For me, the turning point was the whole god/angel/hell/purgatory addition .. Also the loss of the quintessential classic rock soundtrack. Not to mention the show lost its humor, I don't know how or why but it's completely gone. I mean, remember mystery spot? Remember Dean's penchant for pie? It's been replaced with emotional flip flopping, brooding, and ridiculous plot contrivances. I like a lot of aspects of the new seasons, the whole Men of Letters storyline for instance has such depth and interest that I wish it was pulled out wayyyyyyy earlier in the show. It could have added scale and more interest than the whole Leviathan thing imo.

Snip

I agree. I would love to see Cas become more of a "hunter" and join the brothers on hunts, it's always hilarious when he does this and tries to be cool and the relationships are great between Cas and the Brothers.

As for this season, with the exception of the HUGE misfire that was Sam/Amelia, I think it's been pretty fantastic, the best season since 4 or 5. It has an old-school vibe to a lot of it with more monster of the week, and all the side stories are fantastic (the trial with Sam, Kevin and Crowley, Cas and Naomi, the Men of Letters, Benny, etc..). There is a lot to enjoy and like about this season.

I am 8 seasons in and dread every episode, but still watch it because I have been in it so long and just want to closure.

It started out really strong, I enjoyed both the monster-of-the-week aspects and the overarching storyline too, but over time the show has lost it's way and has become an unwieldy angst-fest.

For me, the turning point was the whole god/angel/hell/purgatory addition .. Also the loss of the quintessential classic rock soundtrack. Not to mention the show lost its humor, I don't know how or why but it's completely gone. I mean, remember mystery spot? Remember Dean's penchant for pie? It's been replaced with emotional flip flopping, brooding, and ridiculous plot contrivances. I like a lot of aspects of the new seasons, the whole Men of Letters storyline for instance has such depth and interest that I wish it was pulled out wayyyyyyy earlier in the show. It could have added scale and more interest than the whole Leviathan thing imo.

I can understand this. The heaven and hell thing really changed the show a lot. I happened to really enjoy it at first, but have grown pretty weary of it. I'm enjoying the Cas/Naomi stuff though so far this season at least, and Crowley's always a blast on the hell side. Mystery Spot was freaking amazing lol. Definitely one of the best, if not the best episodes the show has ever made.

I like this season very much.This actually feels like old episodes of first couple of season.You do have monster of the week,you have brothers together,you have Dam being the reluctant hero,and you have Dean all sad and frustrated he couldn't take place of his brother in this new danger they're in....etc.And yet you also have angels and demons and lore that follows.i myself loved that part of the story.It was my favorite part...Apocalypse and hell were great. Purgatory was a bit over the top but they didn't linger too much on it this season so I'm fine with keeping it in the flashbacks.

Good news about Cas.As far as I'm concerned more Cas is always better. :) And this Cas the hunter is hilarious.

Mystic spot was great,but as bad as season 6 was they had some good ones there too.Meta episode for example,when Sam and Dean crossed to the real world was excellent. I don't feel humor was gone.I think it is there and it's one of the things that never stopped working imho.

Season 9??? No please, let the show stop.

I hope i will like the ending of this season. I know I hated season 6 till the last couple of episodes, and season 7 I liked the first couple of episodes and the last couple of episodes (charlie episode was one of the best in the series but still the season wasn't, or the episode where we see bobby as a ghost hunting another ghost, amazing).

Season 8: Still I don't get what's wonderful about this season, they destroyed the purgatory story, the Benny story wasn't much an add, same as the whole tablet part.

Such a shame, because the stories aren't the problem, they way it's told. Season 6-8 (or maybe 9) should have max 16 episodes, best 12/14.

Isn't that usually the kiss of death in TV shows? They will bump someone up from recurring guest star to series regular in time for them to die as a series regular?

I always think of Tara from Buffy in this regard. She was a guest star for two seasons until about three episodes before her death when she was bumped to series regular (just in time for the advertising to start claiming a "series regular" would be killed off).

I hope that's not what it means for Cas. The guy is criminally underused.

I don't think that's normally the case. It sounds like with Tara on Buffy it was purposeful misdirection to lull fans into a false sense security in order for her death to be made more shocking. For most TV shows when actors are promoted to a regular, it's because they plan to use them a lot more the following season, and the showrunners want to make sure the actors are locked down for the role and don't get some other job that makes them unavailable to film. Also, I'm told when an actor signs on as a series regular, the contracts are usually for multiple seasons, so it's likely Misha is signed on for both seasons 9 and 10.

Some back history if anyone is curious: Castiel started off as a recurring character in season 4. Misha was promoted to a series regular for season 5 and remained a regular through season 6. He was demoted to guest star in season 7 and his character was killed off then, but they brought him back later on. He's been recurring again as a guest star, but his appearances have been much less frequent than they had been in seasons 4-6.

There was actually a bit of a fiasco with this a couple of years ago. Before the season 6 finale, the upfronts were released that stated Misha would be a regular for season 7. Then after the final season 6 episode aired, they released a "correction" saying that the upfronts made an error, and Misha was in fact no longer going to be a regular. They brought him back for the season 7 premiere, and then killed off the character. Some people suspect they lied on the upfronts because they didn't want fans to be upset and not watch the season 6 finale, and they received a LOT of backlash for that stunt. Because they received so much blacklash the last time they mislead about Misha's status, I very much doubt that they'll be pulling a stunt like they did with Tara on BtVS.

I'm sorry not everyone is enjoying this season. I know it's not perfect, but I do think it's an improvement over the last two, and I've been enjoying more things about it than not.

Actually if the 9 is going to resemble 8 and not 6 or 7 (season) I'm all for it.The more the merrier :)

I personally hope it's more season 7 that one had a main purpose. This season feels like they don't know what they are doing. New characters aren't feeling real. But I think I will watch the next season as a whole not per week.

I personally hope it's more season 7 that one had a main purpose. This season feels like they don't know what they are doing. New characters aren't feeling real. But I think I will watch the next season as a whole not per week.

They are closing gates of hell,what's the mystery? To me it feels like for the first time in last 2 seasons they know what they are doing and where are they going. :dunno:

Archived