Most Gross Moment in the Series?

Melpomene

I'm surprised by all the people mentioning Sansa's period or the Jaime/Cersei sex scene in ASoS. Come on guys, a woman's "moon's blood" really isn't that gross! Especially compared to some of the horrors we see in this series.

It's hard for me to pick which moment I find the most disgusting, there are so many options to choose from. Any graphic description of disease or infected wounds or rotting corpses tends to gross me out, and reading about Jaime's festering vomit-covered stump was especially awful. I'd have to say the self-mutilating Unsullied in Astapor takes the cake, though. A man cutting off his own nipple... *shudders* That was the only time where I literally felt nauseous from imagining the scene, I had to put the book down for a few seconds before I continued reading.

I've heard that ADwD features some very vivid descriptions of Ramsay's treatment of his prisoners, definitely not looking forward to that either. Depending on how detailed it is, it might squick me out even more than the Astapor scene.

I'd have to say the self-mutilating Unsullied in Astapor takes the cake, though. A man cutting off his own nipple... *shudders* That was the only time where I literally felt nauseous from imagining the scene, I had to put the book down for a few seconds before I continued reading.

Does the Unsullied actually do it to himself? I remembered the slaver doing it to him instead. But then, I only read the scene once and have never been able to make myself read it again, so I could be remembering wrong.

It doesn't really matter anyway. It's disturbing and disgusting either way. :ack:

I'm surprised by all the people mentioning Sansa's period or the Jaime/Cersei sex scene in ASoS. Come on guys, a woman's "moon's blood" really isn't that gross! Especially compared to some of the horrors we see in this series.

It's hard for me to pick which moment I find the most disgusting, there are so many options to choose from. Any graphic description of disease or infected wounds or rotting corpses tends to gross me out, and reading about Jaime's festering vomit-covered stump was especially awful. I'd have to say the self-mutilating Unsullied in Astapor takes the cake, though. A man cutting off his own nipple... *shudders* That was the only time where I literally felt nauseous from imagining the scene, I had to put the book down for a few seconds before I continued reading.

I've heard that ADwD features some very vivid descriptions of Ramsay's treatment of his prisoners, definitely not looking forward to that either. Depending on how detailed it is, it might squick me out even more than the Astapor scene.

Well personally I was more disturbed on the moon-blood part as to how Jaime was like "oh, nice" than the actual stuff itself.

Does the Unsullied actually do it to himself? I remembered the slaver doing it to him instead. But then, I only read the scene once and have never been able to make myself read it again, so I could be remembering wrong.

It doesn't really matter anyway. It's disturbing and disgusting either way. :ack:

Well I mean it's not like he needs it, considering he's a man.

If we are including scenes from the HBO, then for me it was absolutely the utterly grotesque Lysa breastfeeding her equally grotesque child. I still want to somehow get a piece of steel wool into my skull and wipe that image out of it.

If we are including scenes from the HBO, then for me it was absolutely the utterly grotesque Lysa breastfeeding her equally grotesque child. I still want to somehow get a piece of steel wool into my skull and wipe that image out of it.

Breastfeeding a six year old is creepy on so many levels :crying: :agree:

But take comfort in the knowledge that what you saw was a rubber boobie.

Archived