Quoting multiple posts

Mentat

I'm having trouble with posts that quote multiple players not being accepted because the board says the opening and closing tags don't match, when I've painstakingly checked they do.

I've had the problem more than once, and for posts where the quote tags were simply a result of hiting the multiquote tab rather than being written manually.

I'm convinced there's some kind of problem.

I've had nothing but trouble with MultiQuote. I hit it and a window appears that says something like "One post quoted." I can't really do anything with this. I certainly can't quote multiple posts. I use Safari. Does that have anything to do with my problems?

I'm having trouble with posts that quote multiple players not being accepted because the board says the opening and closing tags don't match, when I've painstakingly checked they do.

I've had the problem more than once, and for posts where the quote tags were simply a result of hiting the multiquote tab rather than being written manually.

I'm convinced there's some kind of problem.

Have you been editing the post after the multiquote?

What browser are you using? I've had problems with being unable to edit multiquote posts in the full editor, but not as a regular thing and not for that reason.

Quoted to test. :)

I've had nothing but trouble with MultiQuote. I hit it and a window appears that says something like "One post quoted." I can't really do anything with this. I certainly can't quote multiple posts. I use Safari. Does that have anything to do with my problems?

That message comes up when you first hit the multi-quote button. It should say "Reply to 1 Quoted Post(s)".

Without doing anything else, select the next post to be multi-quoted. When you select the next post to multiquote it should change to "Reply to 2 Quoted post(s)".

Then you select that message and your multi-quotes should appear in an otherwise blank post.

Please let us know if that works. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Parwan, on 28 January 2012 - 09:17 PM, said:

I've had nothing but trouble with MultiQuote. I hit it and a window appears that says something like "One post quoted." I can't really do anything with this...

That message comes up when you first hit the multi-quote button. It should say "Reply to 1 Quoted Post(s)".

Without doing anything else, select the next post to be multi-quoted. When you select the next post to multiquote it should change to "Reply to 2 Quoted post(s)".

Then you select that message and your multi-quotes should appear in an otherwise blank post.

Yeah, that works. I was just trying to do things in the wrong order. Sorry I didn't reply sooner. I haven't had much need to use MultiQuote recently. Thanks for the help.

The Multiquote doesn't work on multiple pages, does it?

I use to do that all the time haven't tried lately though.

I tried and was able to do multi quote with quotes from different pages in the same thread.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Have you been editing the post after the multiquote?

Quoted to test. :)

I think I've got it!

Hitting next page doesn't erase the ones from the previous page?

When clicking multiquote, I can go to next and previous pages, without the box stating the amount posts you are multiquoiting disappearing. I have even noticed that the forum remembers which quotes I have clicked multiquote for when I go to the overview page of the forums. You can't see the multiquote box anymore stating how many posts you've clicked multiquote for, but it'll reappear when you go onto a thread again.

(I discovered this when I had hit multiquote a couple of times and then clicked on "Go to General Subforum", after forgetting to actually reply on the posts I had wanted to reply on :p )

Archived