Why should the Vale help Sansa?

ElizaMartell

OT But I was re-reading this Sansa scene from Storm of Swords and I'm wondering if it signifies anything:

She threw back the shutters and shivered as gooseprickles rose along her arms. There were clouds massing in the eastern sky, pierced by shafts of sunlight. They look like two huge castles afloat in the morning sky. Sansa could see their walls of tumbled stone, their mighty keeps and barbicans. Wispy banners swirled from atop their towers and reached for the fast-fading stars. The sun was coming up behind them, and she watched them go from black to grey to a thousand shades of rose and gold and crimson. Soon the wind mushed them together, and there was only one castle where there had been two.

She heard the door open as her maids brought the hot water for her bath. They were both new to her service; Tyrion said the women who’d tended to her previously had all been Cersei’s spies, just as Sansa had always suspected. “Come see,” she told them. “There’s a castle in the sky.”

They came to have a look. “It’s made of gold.” Shae had short dark hair and bold eyes. She did all that was asked of her, but sometimes she gave Sansa the most insolent looks. “A castle all of gold, there’s a sight I’d like to see.”

“A castle, is it?” Brella had to squint. “That tower’s tumbling over, looks like. It’s all ruins, that is.”

Sansa did not want to hear about falling towers and ruined castles. She closed the shutters and said, “We are expected at the queen’s breakfast. Is my lord husband in the solar?”

Does this seem like forshadowing for anybody? :o

Also they are all crazy "gun sword toting" nuts knights, who have not seen bloodshed since Bronn freed Tyrion. Jon Arryn was the main force of robert's rebellion, these people are getting restless! And Winter sucks, but its no reason to make peace

This. It's made very clear that they WANTED to fight, and so if the opportunity arises, I don't see them passing it by.

OT But I was re-reading this Sansa scene from Storm of Swords and I'm wondering if it signifies anything:

Sorry, I think I'm being thick, what is this forshadowing?

Maybe but forshadowing what? Usually it takes me a couple reads to get symbolism out of passages like that

A castle made if gold? Crimsom and gold? Casterly Rock or Golden Tooth and Lannister colors.

Two huge castles burning and falling? Cercei's burning of the tower of the hand?

Right, bear with me...So the two Castles are Casterly Rock and...Kings Landing? What does that have to do with Sansa and the Vale? Forshadowing that Sansa is actually going to do something to bring down the Lannisters? I hope so.

Right, bear with me...So the two Castles are Casterly Rock and...Kings Landing? What does that have to do with Sansa and the Vale? Forshadowing that Sansa is actually going to do something to bring down the Lannisters? I hope so.

I hope Sansa does 'something'. She has shown no inititiative at all. She's getting smarter but all the powers is hers, she need only reach out and take it. Just like what Littlefinger told her father.

The marriage between Lannisters and Tyrells (2 castles becoming one, the Golden castle of Cersei and Joffrey) and the coming collapse of their alliance. The ruined tower, which occurred literally with the Tower of the Hand, is probably a symbolic representation of this collapse. As Brella said, it's all ruins now - an accurate representation of KL by the very end of ADWD, in terms of unity in the "great western alliance".

I hope Sansa does 'something'. She has shown no inititiative at all. She's getting smarter but all the powers is hers, she need only reach out and take it. Just like what Littlefinger told her father.

The term for this that I have used before is "wolfing-up." :) I've gradually despised Sansa less and less, but she has to do SOMETHING eventually. Something that makes her almost as cool as her siblings.

The marriage between Lannisters and Tyrells (2 castles becoming one, the Golden castle of Cersei and Joffrey) and the coming collapse of their alliance. The ruined tower, which occurred literally with the Tower of the Hand, is probably a symbolic representation of this collapse. As Brella said, it's all ruins now - an accurate representation of KL by the very end of ADWD, in terms of unity in the "great western alliance".

Ah, now I get it. Thanks.

The term for this that I have used before is "wolfing-up." :) I've gradually despised Sansa less and less, but she has to do SOMETHING eventually. Something that makes her almost as cool as her siblings.

Shes getting there, but she will have to make a decision soon and she oblivious to how littlefinger damn near single handedly destroyed her house. Its almost insufferable. Just OPEN your eyes for two minutes, please, lol....she will get there though

Well it wouldn't be with the help of the Vale, or she somehow learns how to seduce Harry to stupidity which would just be horrible. :stillsick:

Sansa has the potential to be a real game changer. She is getting smarter, but my god....its taking forever

Petyr's break from the crown seems to be nearing. I don't see any point to riding North as it's an inhospitable wasteland and all the Boltons are holding on to is the husk of a burnt out castle. There's no prize to claim there. Just another liability like Harrenhal, which Petyr knows to avoid. So the North would have to wait to be reclaimed later, after the Riverlands and Vale were swept up in Sansa Fever. Plus, there's already enough of a fight brewing up there, no need for more freaks to head up North.

I hadn't looked ahead to how Mya Stone's future reactions to the Harry business might be what tricks the truth out of Sansa. (For Miranda to overhear / figure out). Sansa reveres Mya enough that she'd risk confiding in the girl before letting her suffer too much on account of Alayne's lies. (Thus setting great peril in motion, but with perhaps great unlooked for reward as the outcome! Word getting out about Sansa's true identity might be the best thing that's ever happened for her. If she becomes a tourist destination, that takes away from Pete's control over the situation and gives her independence.)

Shes getting there, but she will have to make a decision soon and she oblivious to how littlefinger damn near single handedly destroyed her house. Its almost insufferable. Just OPEN your eyes for two minutes, please, lol....she will get there though

Yeah, I really want Sansa to be the one to avenge Ned by taking down Littlefinger. But I'm a little worried - she seems to be growing more fond of LF rather than beginning to suspect things? How long is it going to take her?

Archived