Euron paid the Faceless Men with his dragon egg

a free shadow

i'm not sure what use the FM will really have with a dragon. Once you have the greatest luxury item in the world its tough to be "no one" anymore. i'm not sure there they'll go with that storyline, but i'm certain its why Jaqen H'ghar is in Oldtown.

It's not what FM need or want, it's what the person that orders the hit, keeps most valuable. In this case Euron probably wants power most of all, and a dragon was his key to that, that's why FM asked the egg.

-- my personal theory :P

• 4 weeks later...

I think this is a very legitimate theory.Euron would have no problem giving it if he thinks that he could/would control dragons with the horn,and it would also explain , why there are FM in Oldtown , to get knowledge about dragons , their hatching and upbringing,what better place to learn than the Citadel.

Dunno about the FM, but this dragon's gotta be a girl. It bugged me straight from the get go that Dany's pets would be the first and last dragons in generations because they were all males. It would certainly solve helluva problem there - it would mean the dragons have returned for good. Unless I missed something about dragon births being different from regular births. Not impossible. I tend to miss things like that.

Maybe they're keeping it for later use. I mean, it's a dragon egg. You never know when you'll need a dragon egg. Since Dany isn't exactly an unreasonable target, an egg might make pretty stellar bait.

I wonder, though. If Euron really did dump the egg. It's sort of a really stupid, crazy thing to do but then, this is Euron and he's kind of a weirdo. I'm not sure exactly how dragon births work in the series, but does what they're born in make a difference to what they become? Like, are Dany's dragons fire dragons because they were born from fire? So could Euron's theoretically become a sea serpent of some kind, if the proper sacrifice were made? It would certainly tie into his culture. But that's really a crackpot theory, lol.

I have a question about the FM. The kindly man told Arya that the FM only kill their targets. If Jaqen went to the Citadel to learn about dragons, why on earth was Pate a target? If he was just a means to an end, I mean, isn't that against the codes and philosophies of the FM? He seemed like a pretty innocuous guy.

Is it mentioned in any of the texts that Faceless Men have a progressive rate for assassination? The fee being based on the wealth of the person requesting their 'services'?

All I can recollect is the fact that when mentioned, Faceless Men cost more than the ruler of the Seven Kingdoms would be willing to part with..... but then again, I doubt some widow who was wronged by the insurance guy in Braavos has more wealth than King's Landing...

There's nothing in the known philosophy of the FM which indicates that they won't kill someone on their way to a main target.

In fact,they are doing them a favor-giving them the "gift".

The FM wanted the key and a false identity,that's what he got.

Dunno about the FM, but this dragon's gotta be a girl. It bugged me straight from the get go that Dany's pets would be the first and last dragons in generations because they were all males. It would certainly solve helluva problem there - it would mean the dragons have returned for good. Unless I missed something about dragon births being different from regular births. Not impossible. I tend to miss things like that.

I'm pretty sure that dragons are both male and female, or can change gender, or something. So Dany's dragons aren't necessarily purely male.

Is it mentioned in any of the texts that Faceless Men have a progressive rate for assassination? The fee being based on the wealth of the person requesting their 'services'?

All I can recollect is the fact that when mentioned, Faceless Men cost more than the ruler of the Seven Kingdoms would be willing to part with..... but then again, I doubt some widow who was wronged by the insurance guy in Braavos has more wealth than King's Landing...

I think it's progressive, yeah, and it's also based on the value of the target.

Could he have traded the egg for the Horn of Valyria? It actually seems like a pretty fair trade

FM do not trade, they are given payments.

And it woud not be fair trade at all. Giving a horn for an egg is like saying "I'll take your egg, I'll try and hatch it and then you can come back and take my dragon from me with that horn" :dunno: Does not make much sense. If anything, it could have been good for both parties to throw their assets together, but as we see no such deal was done. Because there were no two owners, Euron had both things.

FM do not trade, they are given payments.

And it woud not be fair trade at all. Giving a horn for an egg is like saying "I'll take your egg, I'll try and hatch it and then you can come back and take my dragon from me with that horn" :dunno: Does not make much sense. If anything, it could have been good for both parties to throw their assets together, but as we see no such deal was done. Because there were no two owners, Euron had both things.

That's because Euron didn't get the horn from a Faceless men. He hired them to off his brother, and probably got the horn somewhere else in Essos.

That's because Euron didn't get the horn from a Faceless men. He hired them to off his brother, and probably got the horn somewhere else in Essos.

I think I explained pretty good why the deal does not work no matter who the second party is.

"And it would not be fair trade at all. Giving a horn for an egg is like saying "I'll take your egg, I'll try and hatch it and then you can come back and take my dragon from me with that horn" :dunno: Does not make much sense. If anything, it could have been good for both parties to throw their assets together, but as we see no such deal was done. Because there were no two owners, Euron had both things" and simply had to give up one.

I think I explained pretty good why the deal does not work no matter who the second party is.

"And it would not be fair trade at all. Giving a horn for an egg is like saying "I'll take your egg, I'll try and hatch it and then you can come back and take my dragon from me with that horn" :dunno:

Most people don't try and hatch their eggs by sorcerous means (and if they have most, Dany aside, probably failed miserably) To many, dragon eggs are simply a valuable possession, like diamonds or a valyrian sword. To trade the egg for something likewise valuable seems fair.

Tho he might have paid the Faceless men with the egg (or the money he got from selling it) and stole the Horn from somebody else. It is Euron, and he's not the kindest/most honest of fellows.

Finally! It always bothered me what happened to that egg! This is the best theory I have heard so far!

As the FM probably have heard about Dany's dragons, they sure will know the worth of it. And Euron, having the horn probably wasn't too sorry to give it to people who were more likely to get a dragon out of it. In this theory, the FM didn't know about the horn of course.

question would be, why he gave it to Victarion then. He can't be a s stupid as to trust him?

Mayhaps Balon was not the FM target. He was simply the 'gift' and the dragon egg is the financial payment. Mayhaps the target hasn't been killed yet. Possible? :dunno:

It would be a total mindfuck if it is true. But it is really tough to fool the FM,they know when you are lying.Euron might just be the kinda liar who doesn't get caught.

Archived