Ned is gay.

Sarnius

Well, "muscled like a maiden's dream" is definitely not the way I'd describe even the most buff among my friends.

Yeah, that does look like a hint that he's a bisexual closet case (along with "the smell of leather and blood had clung to him like perfume" in the same paragraph). I think there's compelling evidence that he likes women more than Renly does, but as far as I can see there's no evidence that he's strictly heterosexual. He's a married man, and suppressing any lust he might feel towards other men (or women) would be entirely in character. So, bi!Ned is entirely plausible but only weakly supported in the text, and unlikely to come up in subsequent books.

The Ned/Stannis link is awesome 8)

What the fuck is wrong with people now a days?

So just because a man is honorable and perhaps sensitive he's automatically classified as 'gay'? The hell is wrong with you people.

No, of course Ned wasn't gay/bi.............

Next you'll be saying how Aemon the Dragonknight was perhaps gay, lol.

Hey guys. You know what is just as offensive, just as annoying, and just as wrong as homophobia?

Overusing the word so it loses all meaning, bashing people as homophobes with no concrete evidence, and exhausting the term so it has no effect when it needs to be used.

Back on topic, if Ned were gay it would have been more obvious (Renly, Loras, Jon Connington). As an anime fan, I'm really tired of every filial relationship between males being warped into a sexual relationship (seriously, Davos and Stannis? :stillsick: ). Does everything have to be about sex with these people?

Hey guys. You know what is just as offensive, just as annoying, and just as wrong as homophobia?

Overusing the word so it loses all meaning, bashing people as homophobes with no concrete evidence, and exhausting the term so it has no effect when it needs to be used.

Back on topic, if Ned were gay it would have been more obvious (Renly, Loras, Jon Connington). As an anime fan, I'm really tired of every filial relationship between males being warped into a sexual relationship (seriously, Davos and Stannis? :stillsick: ). Does everything have to be about sex with these people?

Blame the same people who think: Sandor x Sansa.

Some other interesting quote from that chapter:

Ned loved him for that

Robert Baratheon had always been a man of huge appetites, a man who knew how to take his

pleasures. That was not a charge anyone could lay at the door of Eddard Stark.

“The Others take my wife,” Robert muttered sourly, but he started back the way they had come,

his footsteps falling heavily. “And if I hear ‘Your Grace’ once more, I’ll have your head on a

spike. We are more to each other than that.”

“I had not forgotten,” Ned replied quietly.

And he doesn't spare a glance for Cersei.

Some other interesting quote from that chapter

1. Ned loved him for not forgetting Lyanna.

2. Ned isn't a glutton, Ned isn't a drunk, Ned doesn't want to fuck every women he lays eyes on.

3. They're like brothers.

Really, people are reading a bit too far into these quotes. There isn't the slightest hints in the text that Ned was gay or bi.

:lmao: :lmao: Some interesting arguments, I must say!

I love that. But now, seriously, taking into account that, after Lord Arryn´s death, Stannis was the only more or less honourable person left in King´s Landing (before Ned´s arrival), I find surprising that Ned didn´t think more about him, even if they didn´t get along; he should have been thinking "damn, Stannins, where are you, I need help with this gigantic mountain of monkey dung I´m buried in".

Humans create the internet, the single greatest advancement in the cause of freedom of speech the world is likely to ever see, and we use it to create a Ned is Gay thread. Wow.

To be honest I think hes definately gay, in fact I think the more kids he had the Gayer he got.

How is Dumbledore being gay stupid? How is anyone being gay stupid?! Why does it matter?! It's just as normal as being straight. Okay Ser Allister, thanks for you pointless contributions. And what the hell did I say to you?! Your the one who came into my thread and claimed my entire thread is stupid. If you have nothing relevant to say then I suggest you shut your mouth and **** off.

Guys! This behaviour will get the thread closed and bring the wrath of the mods down upon your heads. Come, share my meat and mead :cheers:

I love that. But now, seriously, taking into account that, after Lord Arryn´s death, Stannis was the only more or less honourable person left in King´s Landing (before Ned´s arrival), I find surprising that Ned didn´t think more about him, even if they didn´t get along; he should have been thinking "damn, Stannins, where are you, I need help with this gigantic mountain of monkey dung I´m buried in".

Wasn't he? Isn't there a part where he wonders when Stannis was going to come back and claim his council seat, but he's on Dragonstone. Or am I making that up? Maybe Ned thought Stannis was too honourable to wade through the mountain of monkey dung :lol: Oh, the irony.

Really, people are reading a bit too far into these quotes. There isn't the slightest hints in the text that Ned was gay or bi.

His first thought on seeing the king is about how strong and handsome he used to be and how nice he used to smell. That's rather pushing the boundaries of platonic friendship! Not proof, perhaps, but it's certainly at the very least a slight hint.

Especially because George "I cannot write gays with any subtlety" Martin is the author.

Enough subtlety for lots of people to completely miss it. And writing a range of different characters distinctively is one of GRRM's strengths.

How is Dumbledore being gay stupid? How is anyone being gay stupid?! Why does it matter?! It's just as normal as being straight. Okay Ser Allister, thanks for you pointless contributions. And what the hell did I say to you?! Your the one who came into my thread and claimed my entire thread is stupid. If you have nothing relevant to say then I suggest you shut your mouth and **** off.

What a tremendous ass you are, you sound like a 6th grader having a temper tantrum. Yes, I do think Dumbledore being gay is stupid, I'm entitled to my own opinion dipshit, and you don't own the Internet.

BTW Way to derail your own thread with the most rediculous bs ever. I don't give two shits about Harry Potter, Dumbledores dick or any other sophomoric prattle that comes out of your mouth. Stop talking to me.

Ned had the hots for Jon Snow, thus he always kept him close. So he could watch him play and get sweaty on the training yard.

Actually, I thought the reason we have never seen Howland Reed is because Ned could not stand to be near Howland, considering his burning love for him, but being too honorable to be unfaithful to Cat! Now it all makes sense...Howland is still grieving over Ned's death, so he's still hiding. <_<

Edit: Guys, seriously, stop crawling up each others arse over opinions. Does nothing but get the thread locked. Be nice to each other :grouphug:

Actually, I thought the reason we have never seen Howland Reed is because Ned could not stand to be near Howland, considering his burning love for him, but being too honorable to be unfaithful to Cat! Now it all makes sense...Howland is still grieving over Ned's death, so he's still hiding. <_<

Howland has been building un-Ned so their love, which is a raging bon fire, can be forever. That's why Ned is the only character in the world of ASOIAF that has yet to be resurrected, because actually, he has! Just off screen!

I have come to this conclusion through piecing things together.

Ned was always an honourable man, he always knews what was the right thing was to do and although I don't think he was ashamed of it once he he realized this but that he was ashamed of what thoughts came into mind.

Well no, I wouldn't say he's fully gay because he loved Catelyn and was perfectly comfortable with having sex with women so I would say he's Bisexual.

Anyways Ned's 'relationship' with Robert was very close, they were like brothers and in Ned's case 'more than brothers'. Ned realized what feelings came up when he was with Robert(At a young age I mean) and thought best to ignore them as he subsequently also knew he was attracted to women and that his minds were playing tricks on him. Also his honour made him deny it as he was unsure whether he really felt like that with Robert because they were close friends and he wanted it to remain like that.

This also explains why he didn't chase after Women as most men do; 1) because of his honour and 2) because he was attracted to both men and female and there was a sort of balance. He could control it and his desires were somewhat muddled.

He probably did dream of a time with him and Robert but I'm guessing that sort of simmered down with the 9 years apart from each other and Ned knew it was best to put his duty and honour over his feelings in most matters; like he had been doing all his life.

He loved Women but also men and even though he accepted it, he knew it could never happen and he was more loyal to Cat than his own desires which shows that he truly loved her. People say Ned was hard to get to have sex with 'whoever' but I think it was that his own sexual preferences came into play and that he really wasn't looking to have sex, but to love. He saw through that barrier that most men jump through to blindly have sex because he had both sides of the mirror and so wasn't like Robert.

Yes he loved Robert romantically for some part of his younghood,

Yes he was attracted to men and women,

But all his life he did what was right and what was the best for everyone. He truly was a good person.

Also I think it would be great if he was gay/bisexual. Kind of like JK Rowling announcing Dumbledore was gay.

I hope George does something like this.

And yes, I'm serious.

Although it may seem over-the-top, please consider it. I know I haven't explained it as best I can but I hope I've made my points clear.

cancermj.jpg

Archived