Ned is gay.

Sarnius

I don't like how people tend to turn strong friendships or almost brother like relationship into something with gay feelings. I was like WTF when I read about Stannis and Davos here on this forum. :leaving:

eh don't buy it at all

Eddard and Robert grew up together in the Vale, they were like brothers. Anything romanticized about it is your interpretation of it, I dont see it or never remember reading anything to make me think that at all.

I don't like how people tend to turn strong friendships or almost brother like relationship into something with gay feelings. I was like WTF when I read about Stannis and Davos here on this forum. :leaving:

STANNIS AND DAVOS?!

Some people have sick, sick minds. This is not Kings Landing.

This is vile calumny! Everyone knows that Jaime Lannister was The Ned's true love. Their scene in the throne room where Ned refuses to speak to Jaime, who happened to be magnificently armored and covered in blood (just Ned's thing), is pure sexual tension. Obviously he didn't talk to him because he couldn't risk letting his true feelings slip forth.

Also, notice Ned doesn't shy away from Jaime's sword point in the scene where he confronts him after the brothel. Very telling.

Ned is not gay, he has two things that are extremely rare in these books:

1. A very strong sense of honor and morals

2. A strong friendship, kind of like how soldiers feel about their fellow squadmates during a war. It is not about being a hero, it is about fighting for the man next to you.

Actually Ned isn't gay, sad, happy, mournful, bi-sexual, or angry. He is only one thing....dead.

Exactly. And according to someone who should know the dead do not: sleep, eat, breathe, expel waste materials, they are incapable of (and uninterested in) having sex and are unable to love, care, or truly feel for others and are generally emotionless(though he might have lied about this last thing).

Ned isn't gay, but I think Renly and Loras probably are.

....but in all seriousness, not everyone is gay. Ned was so serious, and took his family, duty, vows, and honors so seriously. He should have the Tully's motto. Just because you don't like to cheat on your wife doesn't mean you're gay, even as a high lord.

I highly doubt it's the case, if I'm absolutely honest. I didn't pick up on anything, and seeing as we had his POV, I would have expected him to think "Ooh, Jaime might be the Kingslayer and fucking his sister, but my my, does he have a nice arse!", or something along those lines, don't you think?

Then again, Ned never thought anything like at about Cersei either, which proves that he is no heterosexual either. Which actually proves another theory of mine: All "Stark" children are actually secret faceless undead Targaryen bastard shadowbinder wargs ...

Dumbledore being gay was so lame and obvious attempt at LGBT back-pat get. Maybe Ron was also an alien cyborg as well? Just because there's zero textual hints or clues evidently doesn't mean anything.

Gay Ned would be even lamer - although I'm really enjoying rethinking epic Ned scenes with him having stereotypically gay mannerisms.

Dumbledore being gay was so lame and obvious attempt at LGBT back-pat get. Maybe Ron was also an alien cyborg as well? Just because there's zero textual hints or clues evidently doesn't mean anything.

Gay Ned would be even lamer - although I'm really enjoying rethinking epic Ned scenes with him having stereotypically gay mannerisms.

Please don't bring your homophobicy into this thread.

I never understand what it means when people say some people support the gay community to "get attention". If anything, saying pro-LGBT stuff in this day and age is more likely to get you unwanted criticisms rather than praise.

Someone asked if Dumbledore had had a female love interest at some point in his life and she answered "no, he's gay". That there is zero textual hints (and there actually is) is irrelevant. Someone asked a question, she answered.

See how society is biased ? There is absolutely no indication whatsoever that Dumbledore was straight and there actually are hints that his feelings towards Grindenwald were more than just friendship, but everyone acts shocked when she says that he's gay.

Considering your biggotted attitude towards gays didn't even warrant an answer though, I don't know why I bothered.

Ned being gay would be utterly stupid because there is plenty evidence that he loved Catelyn very dearly and we know for a fact that he was sexually attracted to at least one other woman (Ashara) and there is absolutely nothing that hints at more than brotherly love between him and Rob. It's nothing like the Dumbledore situation.

This thread is getting a little insulting, frankly.

Please don't bring your homophobicy into this thread.

You can't tell, but I'm rolling my eyes at you right now. You must be one of the many board members here with no sense of humor, and who feels the need to nitpick (or troll) to hell anything that could be possibly misconstrued in any way as slightly offensive.

To answer the guy that posted something substantive. If Dumbledore was so gay then why did Rowling never feel the need to mention (in or out of book) this fact until after the whole series as over? Maybe it's just badly written, if so thats all I'm griping about. It seems more like a political maneuver to me than anything else.

And by the way I'm a huge supporter of LGBT issues and a activist, maybe I'm even LGBT myself? You wouldn't know would you, since you know nothing about me at all. So why dont you refrain from making gross, off the cuff, generalizations about me - thanks.

I never understand what it means when people say some people support the gay community to "get attention". If anything, saying pro-LGBT stuff in this day and age is more likely to get you unwanted criticisms rather than praise.

Someone asked if Dumbledore had had a female love interest at some point in his life and she answered "no, he's gay". That there is zero textual hints (and there actually is) is irrelevant. Someone asked a question, she answered.

See how society is biased ? There is absolutely no indication whatsoever that Dumbledore was straight and there actually are hints that his feelings towards Grindenwald were more than just friendship, but everyone acts shocked when she says that he's gay.

Considering your biggotted attitude towards gays didn't even warrant an answer though, I don't know why I bothered.

Ned being gay would be utterly stupid because there is plenty evidence that he loved Catelyn very dearly and we know for a fact that he was sexually attracted to at least one other woman (Ashara) and there is absolutely nothing that hints at more than brotherly love between him and Rob. It's nothing like the Dumbledore situation.

This thread is getting a little insulting, frankly.

Well bisexual then, which is what I said in the OP.

Also why is it so unusual for someone to be gay? It should be as normal as someone is straight

You can't tell, but I'm rolling my eyes at you right now. You must be one of the many board members here with no sense of humor, and who feels the need to nitpick (or troll) to hell anything that could be possibly misconstrued in any way as slightly offensive.

To answer the guy that posted something substantive. If Dumbledore was so gay then why did Rowling never feel the need to mention (in or out of book) this fact until after the whole series as over? Maybe it's just badly written, if so thats all I'm griping about. It seems more like a political maneuver to me than anything else.

And by the way I'm a huge supporter of LGBT issues and a activist, maybe I'm even LGBT myself? You wouldn't know would you, since you know nothing about me at all. So why dont you refrain from making gross, off the cuff, generalizations about me - thanks.

Well why is it a big deal? Is being gay such a unusual thing that people can't accept it? She said it because that's how she wanted it, nothing else. There is nothing different about Ned if he's gay/bisexual except that he's gay. It really shouldn't be such a harm because it changes nothing, I really don't get this kind of outcry.

Archived