Sooooo ... The Starks?

Ned Stark's Ghost

Right i'm new(ish) here and just want to know what all of ye think about the starks? more specifically when/how/if they come back.

Personally, i'm hopping they will, in-fact i am rather convinced of it. The starks are designed to be too likable from the beginning to be dealt such a cruel fate.

i think what will happen is that davos will collect rikon and osha from skagos and deliver him to wyman manderly. at this time they will discover that bran is alive and hopefully (please god!!) go and get him ... at the same time, sansa will marry harry the heir after a tragic accident befalls sweet robin. this will unite the eerie with winterfell and riverrun (as she is also a tully). when rikon appears, mannerly will begin to notify the northern lords that a stark still lives, and this will eventually lead to a rebellion against the boltons and hopefully the freys. before this can happen, however, i believe jon will leave the nights watch (for the simple reason that they tried to kill him) once robbs will emerges and names him heir to winterfell (at least possibly, otherwise he will help his brother/s who have resurfaced.) not 100% sure how arya fits in yet but she will.

let me know what ye think please, as i can't be the only one noticing that the (remaining :bang: ) starks are all being carefully positioned in tactical positions?

all we need now is for some truth in R+L=J and the north is well and truly LAUGHING!! :D

My thoughts on the coming events:

1. Davos gets Rickon
  2. Stannis talks Winterfell - Boltons now extinct
  3. Stannis names Rickon LoW
  4. Sansa marries Harry the Heir and has the Vale ( riverrun is lannister/frey controlled)
  5. Sansa goes North and is Castellan of Winterfell under LF
  6. Sansa and Stannis go south
  7. Meanwhile at the Wall Jon is AA reborn
  8. Jon and NW go north to fight others
  9. Bran helps but can never leave the tree
  10. Dany ,Tryion and Drogo fly north and finally become relevant!
  11. The 3 heads complete , Others gone, all loose ends tied up they fly back to myreen
  12. Happy ever after

It's hard to believe, but the Starks in pretty good position to make a come back fairly quickly. Consider that you have Sansa with all the power of the Vale of Arryn behind her and Littlefinger guiding her. Then you've got essentially all the Northern Houses, save for Bolton, who are still extremely loyal to House Stark. The North storyline in aDwD is really touching, esp. "the North remembers" and "Ned's girl", plus I always thought the stuff with Jon and Alys Karstark was awesome. And then yeah, you've got Davos out searching for Rickon, Bran being a badass greenseer and warging into trees, and then you've got Jon... who's maybe dead/maybe not dead, but is likely not out of the count yet and there's a decent chance he's been named Robb's heir. There's plenty of plot threads that are slowly weaving together and it might not happen in TWOW, but I'm sure that by ADOS, we'll see the Starks rally again.

Considering the original name of The Winds of Winter (or was it A Dream of Spring?) was supposed to be "A Time for Wolves," I definitely think GRRM has a Stark comeback planned for down the line.

The obvious ideas are Davos gets Rickon and together with Manderly they rally the North behind a true Stark, while Sansa marries Harry the Heir and raises the Vale's army (who has yet to be touched by the fighting) to support the North. They crush the Freys, and free the Riverlands while the Tyrells and Lannisters are busy dealing with the Greyjoys, Aegon, and possibly Dorne (if they rise up for Aegon). I really don't think it's all going to go nicely according to plan like that, but there will be some Stark revenge and resurgence in Westeros soon.

Jojen: "The wolves will come back"

There is no if about it. Though I doubt they will reunite neatly: they all have their faction and their goals, which not necessarily go in the same direction, and always supersedes the need to hang out together.

Personally I hope they stay dead. As a family that is. There need not be some huge meeting where they all get together again. Their stories have diverged, they can still be interesting without being Kings and generals.

There will always be a Stark in Winterfell, because ... there must.
Not a good reason, and there is no Stark in Winterfell since Bran left, anyway.

A part of me hopes that Martin will not sacralise such places, and leave Winterfell in ruins. What's important is people, not stones. That's a point, where, strangely, Tolkien is awesomely better: places of power shift, yet still keep some aura (Amon Sul, the Moria, Minas Ithil, Osgiliath, Ortanc, Gondolin, Numenor...) It gives an impression of dynamic history.

what if she married the Heir in front of her own gods? i agree that they all have diverging stories tied to them wasn't suggesting will all be neat :ohwell: just thought the idea of them all rallying the north is pretty baddas and entirely possible

(btw, what if R+L=J delivers jon a mofo dragon :drool: )

Could the 'King of Winter' and the 'King in the North' be two seperate people...?

What if Robb Stark was raised from the dead as a man with a wolfs head... like an Other? He would serve the great other / death / stranger and bring justice to the living...? He would be waging war on Westeros with the full force of the long-night behind him... and become known as "the King of Winter" ... at the same time Bran or Rickon or whoever... become / are King in the North... and their purpose is to protect the innocent... by creating 'wards' and defences and using their gifts and knowledge to save everyone... offering safe-houses at Winterfell / Storms end, the Wall etc...

I think the Starks are beginning to come back together. There is going to be a lot more commerce between Braavos and the Wall; this increases chances of a Jon/ Arya reunion. I think Jon will be unconscious from his wounds for an extended time. Remember this is when Bran got in touch with his own "inner wolf." Jon has been avoiding his warging abilities and ignoring his wolf dreams. If he embraces his talent, he will be able to sense Bran. And of couse it seems that Davos is going to retrieve Rickon.

Sansa can't marry Harry the Heir as she is already married to Tyrion. Only a high septon can annul the marriage.

Yes but can be anulled since not consumated.

My thoughts on the coming events:

1. Davos gets Rickon
  2. Stannis talks Winterfell - Boltons now extinct
  3. Stannis names Rickon LoW
  4. Sansa marries Harry the Heir and has the Vale ( riverrun is lannister/frey controlled)
  5. Sansa goes North and is Castellan of Winterfell under LF
  6. Sansa and Stannis go south
  7. Meanwhile at the Wall Jon is AA reborn
  8. Jon and NW go north to fight others
  9. Bran helps but can never leave the tree
  10. Dany ,Tryion and Drogo fly north and finally become relevant!
  11. The 3 heads complete , Others gone, all loose ends tied up they fly back to myreen
  12. Happy ever after

If this happens I will cry a river. :(

It seems more likely to me that any designs Littlefinger has on securing the North through Sansa will only clash with Manderly's plan to restore Winterfell to Rickon. Am I alone in the thinking that the latter indicates that Manderly himself intends to be the de facto Warden of the North under King Stannis? After all, Rickon is only a very young boy. Of course, for all we know he's dead...that statement could apply to either Rickon or Manderly...

As for Arya, mayhaps there will be no Arya by story's end. If she lives, and is herself, I sincerely hope she stays far away from Winterfell. Arya does not seem the sort of person who could ever be happy with a high lady's life.

I don't think Bran will be leaving his weir-throne. As for Jon, I'm not even going to try to guess.

Yes but can be anulled since not consumated.

It can, but that means either Sansa or Tyrion must apply for it themselves with the High Septon, probably in person (judging as well on how proper the new sparrow High Septon is, he will probably want to adhere to the rules).

Which could be tricky since both of them are wanted for Joffrey's murder.

Until Sansa is cleared of the charges for Joff's murder, she will have a very hard time coming out in the open and will have to remain married to Tyrion and cannot be married to Harry the Heir. Alayne Stone could, but that is not the point of the plan tho, so I doubt LF would get that done until Sansa has been released somehow. (Personally I am quite looking forward to LF trying to bribe the new, very religious High Septon.) At the moment, being married to Tyrion is Sansa's strongest plot armour against being bartered on the meat market, so to speak.

Archived