Tell me your craziest theory and I will find proof for it!

a free shadow

Hodor is Azor Ahai and Patchface is the Great Other

I cannot help you with the Hodor half, but am quite convinced thatPatchface is the Great Other's avatar. Bear with me here. I believe the Great Other manifests himself as both the Drowned God and the maker of the white walkers. Both love the cold and give the dead a perverted ressurrection. This clearly describes Patchface, who was once a brilliant and attractive mummer, who died at sea and was reborn a demented creature a shadow of his former self.

When Mellisandre sees Patchface in her fires, she sees death surrounding him, which makes her uncomfortable. However, since she has yet to see her death at his hands, she keeps her concerns to herself, since one word from her, into Stannis' ear, would mean his death. This misguided pity shall lead to countless deaths of other people.

The rationale for this becomes painfully clear in Jon's last chapter when he speaks of the ranging to Hardholme. One of Queen Selyse's men asks who will lead the ranging and Jon asks if he is offering. The following ensues:

Patchface jumped up. " I will lead it!" His bells rang merrily. "We will march into the sea and out again. Under the waves we will ride seahorses and mermaids will blow seashells to announce our coming, oh, oh, oh."

This is clearly a prophesy. March into the sea and out again has both a literal and metaphorical meaning. In prophecies into and out of the sea means death and ressurrection, but it also coincides with Melisandre's warning to Jon that she saw an attack on Eastwatch by the Sea. Clearly Patchface is flaunting his true identity to those in the room, but all they do is laugh, clueless to the impending death and destruction he is about to wreak upon them.

ice= lightbringer forged into 2 swords... Jamie gave one to Brienne... it will have to be tempered by Brienne killing jamie or the other way around... or maybe Jamie tempering it through Cersie, and the other tommen has.. .somehow it will be tempered as well, maybe by Tyrion/Penny or Tyrion /Cersie or ... Jon/Aria.... or Sansa/Hound

There is more than one prince that was promised since there are 2 swords...

As well as 3 heads to the Dragon....

Thoughts?

here are a few references about Ice and how it makes sense it would be lightbringer.. in GOT, When Jon is given longclaw... he thinks about how it is not his fathers sword... (his known father) and he wishes he had that instead and ... when the comet is in the sky Aria thinks about Ice as well and the comet looks like it is a bloody sword.

• 2 weeks later...

ice= lightbringer forged into 2 swords... Jamie gave one to Brienne... it will have to be tempered by Brienne killing jamie or the other way around... or maybe Jamie tempering it through Cersie, and the other tommen has.. .somehow it will be tempered as well, maybe by Tyrion/Penny or Tyrion /Cersie or ... Jon/Aria.... or Sansa/Hound

There is more than one prince that was promised since there are 2 swords...

As well as 3 heads to the Dragon....

Thoughts?

The Sword of the Morning, Dawn, is the 3rd, no?

the series will end with patchface and baelerion the black tomcat ruling westeros.

IT IS KNOWN

*EDIT*

Patchface is an example of a common shakespearian character, the fool who cryptically reveals upcoming events. Read all of his lines and you will see.

Baelerion has just lived forever. His desire for vengeance sustains him.

R+L had septuplets - one was Jon, one was Aegon, one was Dany, one was Meera Reed, one was Wylla Manderly (named after the midwife, obviously), one was the egg that hatched into Drogon and one was Ashara Dayne's stillborn baby.

Jon, Meera and Wylla are the Ice; Dany, Aegon and Drogon are the fire. Ashara Dayne's stillborn baby grew up to become The Great Other/R'hllor, who is, in fact, the one and the same entity and who, being a spiteful dead little bastard, likes to make his siblings fight against each other just for fun.

This is the song of Ice and Fire

• 1 year later...

Eddard Stark is alive, because Varys switched him like he switches babies. We hear that Wyman Manderly found a look alike of Davos to execute and Varys has much better resources to do the same. Before being executed the fake Eddard Stark slipped by saying "I come before you to confess my treason in the sight of gods and men". Real Eddard kept old gods and there were no wierwoods around to see him. Arya never saw him up close and Sansa was too agitated to realise anything.

Starks are related to the Others, because there is an old saying that iron can keep the Others out. So far we have not seen it being truly effective against the White Walkers, but we know that the graves of Starks must always be adorned with an iron sword to keep peace. So Eddard has some sort of relation in his blood and therefore a capability.

What other proof do you need? :) He knows Arya is Arya even she does not say so, he helps her, he gives her means to prolong her education.

I'll start with one of your list. We know that Edric is called "Ned" affectionately. So his family does not dislike the name even if it would seem an obvious thing to feel for a man who killed Arthur Dayne. So there must be a certain sentiment here. I speculate that Arthur Dayne was not killed, he was let go in agreement that Ned will not hurt Jon and Arthur will go into hiding. Darkstar says he is "of the night". It is because he must hide in the shadows for the rest of his life. But he still owns Eddard his life as such. So he starts to avenge him by hurting Myrcella. He would have killed her, but the horse really did shied away at the last second. Meanwhile Edric is with BwB. Helping to hang anyone wearing Lannister colours. They work separately, but for the same cause, so it is still together in a way.

He thinks of himself as fat, because his father gave him this insecurity. We know Randyll hated his son liking sweets. Being insecure makes him clumsy and he looks bigger in other people's eyes. But he can not be so fat if another member of the NW took him in his arms and carried him through snow and cold a long distance. Even the strongest man can not carry more than 200 pounds for long without resting.

This has to be my favorite thread ever! What a great job giving answers to all these crackpot theories. You are brilliant!

Archived