Your Kingsguard

greygnarl

Lord Commander: Barristan Selmy (Duh)

Stannis Baratheon

Beric Dondarrion (with Thoros of Myr so that he can't be killed)

Bronn (Supposing he would be well paid)

Syrio Forel

Jorah Mormont

Bran Stark (would be the Master of Whisperers, and would be an unofficial KG through Summer)

Wyman Manderly (Human shield)

Amazing how many people put Jaime even though he killed one of his kings. :dunno:

Awesome fighters, but I'd have to count Jaime and Gregor out. Jaime can't be trusted and Gregor is a psychopath.

Offhand, I'd go with:

Barristan Selmy

Loras Tyrell

Greatjon Umber

Brienne

Probably Blackfish. He's smart, honorable, loyal, good fighter, makes pretty good decisions.

Maybe Bronze Yohn Royce. Upper eschelon fighter, good sense of loyalty.

I'd be tempted to add The Hound, he does have a loyal streak but he's still a bit of a wild card.

People put in Jaime as he's an amazing swordsman who only killed his king because his king was crazy and going to kill thousands. I wouldn't plan on going crazy or being a collosally evil king, so I'd be fine with him guarding me.

Lord Commander: Barristan Selmy (Duh)

Stannis Baratheon

Beric Dondarrion (with Thoros of Myr so that he can't be killed)

Bronn (Supposing he would be well paid)

Syrio Forel

Jorah Mormont

Bran Stark (would be the Master of Whisperers, and would be an unofficial KG through Summer)

Wyman Manderly (Human shield)

Stannis second in charge of anything...I hope the KG has good dental.

Lord Commander: Darkstar. I know, the obvious choice, the predictable choice, but what can I do but choose the obvious best? The relative of the legendary Arhur Dayne has already started becoming legendary himself. The demographic of little girls who could assassinate kings is the most dangerous one. Seeing as Darkstart has first hand experience of fighting against such menace and surviving ( he even managed to cut off her ear in his attempts to kill the dangerous Myrcella) he would be most suited as my lord commander, to protect me at all times. With Darkstar as bodyguard I can sleep lightly not being afraid anymore. (I am especially confident that he would repeat his successes if that Arya came after me).

KG1: Jaime Lannister, nicknamed Kingslayer (pre losing his hands). He is a great swordsman but that is not the only reason I chose him. He just has so much experience with the job, he managed to serve two kings successfully and especially serve the queen and other than the Kings somehow being killed, I think he did great. His experience in the job is that counts. I think he would make a fine pick.

KG2: Boros Blount. Because the KG require people that are able to compromise with others and there is no person who is a more a reasonable person of compromise than Boros Blount.

KG3 + 4: Ramsay Bolton and Reek. Two for the price of one, who would resist being protected by that combination?

KG5: Jon Connington. He can protect my health by giving me grayscale and also make all my enemies and also the rest of the KG sick to death. I am not a Targaryen but I doubt that would matter and make Jon Connington more likely to kill me. I also often say how Rhaegar was overrated but I doubt that would matter for Jon Connington.

KG6: Arys Oakheart. For showing unbelievable dedication to his duty as Kingsguard.

KG7: Lyn Corbray. He seems to be skilled with a sword, is dutiful, not overtly aggressive, reasonable, trustworthy, can't be bought. Sounds just as good a choice as Jaime Lannister.

• 4 months later...

Lord Commander - The yellow wale - what a fearsome nickname

kg2 - The great walrus - equally fearsome

kg3 - Wyman Manderly - more chins than there are swords to cut through them, essentially invincible.

kg4 - Illyrio - His white cloak can double as a war tent

kg5 - Post rebellion Robert Baratheon - he wakes up at all hours of the night to piss in a bowl thus he is ever vigilant.

kg6 - Strong Belwas - he is strong.

kg7 and future lord commander - Hot Pie

If these seven men were surrounding me, you'd have a hard time even spotting where I was let alone attacking me.

Lord Commander - There is only one choice here Barristan "The Bold" Selmy

Jaime Lannister - One of the best swordsmen in Westeros and does his duty as long as your not going to nuke Kings Landing.

Loras Tyrell- Again one of the best knights in the 7 kingdoms, chivalrous and honorable

Sandor Clegane -An absolutely fierce warrior and very loyal as long as you don't throw him into a battle filled with fire

Brienne of Tarth -Probably the knightliest person in the whole series totally loyal and unhorsed Loras at the melee at Bitterbridge

Garlan "The Gallant" Tyrell - Said to be a better swordsman than Loras so he's in.

Brynden "The Blackfish" Tully - Good mind for warfare, a good fighter and loyal to who hes sworn to.

• 2 weeks later...

Barristan the Bold - Lord Commander

Jamie Lannister - People say oathbreaker and all that but if Aerys wasnt mental Jamie would have been considered one of the greats

Garlan Tyrell - A kind man, and one of honour, and a better swordsman than Loras

Robar Royce - Went to defend Brienne in an act of valour that killed him

Gerold Dayne - He is of the night

Smalljon Umber (If the greatjon got himself another heir) - BigLad

The Blackfish - clearly cant be arsed getting married, and he would be able to help teach these youngsters a thing or two

Archived