Will Dorne Support Aegon or Dany?

Leviathan I

• 1 month later...

To answer this question they would pick aegon not only because of his heritage, but also because he is now and enemy to the lannister's i see one of the sand snakes falling for the guy. He will conquer storm's end and doran will make a scret pack with him. In regards to dany she will undoubtely have that prophecy at the back of her head, but i also consider her loneliness of being the "only" tygaryen left so she will want to meet aegon. If she does come to westoros she is bring alot of foreigners plus "traitors" in tyrion, barritsan and jorah so its of her best interest to side with aegon. Who will more than likely have people rallying to him by the time she gets there. Yes i do think they will fight once the threat of the grryjoys and others are dealt with,

What I foresee as a possible future:

(1) Arianne seduces Aegon and convinces him to marry her. Arianne will think this is fine, with Quentyn marrying Daenerys, thereby further cementing the Targaryen alliance, only, she gets to be queen. Aegon, on the other hand, will think this is fine because he can always marry Daenerys as well. Neither will tell the other of their ulterior motives.

(2) Daenerys returns to Westeros without a marriage alliance with Dorne and with Quentyn's charred bones in hand, and she will also be deeply suspicious about Aegon's legitimacy. To complicate things even more, she'll be returning with a whole navy of Ironborn, who are hated by everyone.

(3) Dorne ends up actively opposing Daenerys.

What I foresee as a possible future:

(1) Arianne seduces Aegon and convinces him to marry her. Arianne will think this is fine, with Quentyn marrying Daenerys, thereby further cementing the Targaryen alliance, only, she gets to be queen. Aegon, on the other hand, will think this is fine because he can always marry Daenerys as well. Neither will tell the other of their ulterior motives.

(2) Daenerys returns to Westeros without a marriage alliance with Dorne and with Quentyn's charred bones in hand, and she will also be deeply suspicious about Aegon's legitimacy. To complicate things even more, she'll be returning with a whole navy of Ironborn, who are hated by everyone.

(3) Dorne ends up actively opposing Daenerys.

I don't see Arianne seducing Aegon, I think she and Doran will be highly suspicious. I also don't see Dorne actively opposing her, atleast with Doran alive. he's way too careful to openly oppose her. I think your (2) pretty much goes without saying but she won't have Quentyn's bones, I'm pretty sure they'll be given to the 2 guys that were accompanying Quentyn (if they haven't already).

The chances of Dany winning Dorne over died with Quentyn. Actually, given how vengeful the Dornish are, this may even mean that she not only lost a friend, but gained an enemy.

With "Aegon" it depends on wether the Dornish will buy into the whole "Rhaegar's son was alive all along" thing. If they do, an alliance seems likely. Even if they don't... well, "the enemy of my enemy is my friend". Dorne hates the Lannisters and they'll do anything to ruin them. "Aegon" is an enemy of the current regime as well. It will be foolish not to unite, even if it's a secret pact at first.

Then again, it won't be the first time when people in power make moronic blunders. I can easily see the both sides being too proud to cooperate.

In any case, "Aegon" is much more likely to gain Dorne's support than Dany.

I think your (2) pretty much goes without saying but she won't have Quentyn's bones, I'm pretty sure they'll be given to the 2 guys that were accompanying Quentyn (if they haven't already).

That would actually make things worse for her vis-a-vis Dorne. She will have had no opportunity to explain her decision to not marry Quentyn, her laughing at his introduction, or the circumstances of his death. And, what's more, she will have to hope that the account Doran gets of all these circumstances are not wildly impartial in her disfavor, which, from the little we see about it, is likely a false hope.

Also, one thing you do not consider is that Arianne might potentially take the decision out of Doran's hands. If she gets it into her head to marry Aegon and follows through with it, Doran can do nothing else but support him. Now, I'm not saying that's going to happen necessarily, but if it does, then Doran's cautious nature simply doesn't matter anymore. In effect, Arianne can dictate the policy of Dorne, perhaps fatally so, with one ill-considered decision.

• 1 month later...

Dorne will declare for Aegon, or at least support him for the time being because Dany is not in a position to affect Westeros in any way currently, while Aegon is poised to strike. Also Dany rejected Quentyn's offer and laughed at him while Jon Connington has already sent a raven asking for Doran to support Aegon so you'd think you'd support the person who asked for your help, instead of the person who refused your aid. However, in the long run if it does come down to a battle between Daenerys and Aegon, if Doran is still around he'll support the winner or just wait it out, instead of totally commiting.

Aegon as he is already in Seven Kingdoms at the end of ADWD.

But I don't think they would refuse Daenerys eventually - the two survivors need only tell how the young prince foolishly wanted to release the dragons and got himself killed in the process.

The issue with Aegon is whether or not Dorne will believe it is actually him. If they do, they will almost certainly support him, I think.

As far as Dany goes, just because Quentyn's death was his own fault, it doesn't mean Dorne will see it that way. Oberyn's death was completely the result of his own choice to champion Tyrion, and Dorne flipped the hell out.

IMO they will attempt an alliance with Aegon via marriage to Arianne. Regardless of what we as readers think of Dany's treatment of Quentyn, what Dorne is going to hear is that she laughed at him, ignored his honest offer of alliance and support, and then allowed him to be crispy fried by one of her dragons. The details of howbit all truly happened (such as Quentyn getting himself killed by a mad scheme when Dany was not even in Meereen) are either going to be lost in translation or ignored.

Dorne was rampaging to raise its spears against KL because Oberyn died in a perfectly legal trial by combat that he volunteered for. How do you imagine they will be disposed toward Dany when they learn that their beloved and gentle prince went to woo her and offer an alliance, and came home in a shoe box?

It doesn't make sense for Aegon and Arianne to marry one another. Marriages are meant to cement alliances, true - but what is the purpose of cementing an alliance with someone who (at least on the surface) is already a blood member of your house. Without any other Targs alive besides Dany, the only family he has is from the Dornish side, so it makes no sense to waste a marriage compact between the two of them. Also, I don't think Quentyn's death is really going to force Doran's hand anymore than it has already been forced. Elia was murdered alongside her innocent children, and his brother died as well - neither brought Doran into the Game overtly. He is doing his best Manderly impression at the moment, and biding his time for the larger goal. Quentyn's death will reach Westeros and cause a stir, but considering Aegon wants to marry Dany / Aegon is a Martell, it seems they have a net loss of zero when it comes to the family and aren't going to risk alienating Dany since she has dragons and is a potential marriage prospect for Aegon.

Dany is probably going to end up coming across the narrow sea with at least one dragon, eight thousand unsullied, and a whole horde of dothraki. She doesn't really need dorne though I get the feeling that aegon will beat the lannisters and dany will be saving everyone's rear ends by taking on the others.

Dany needs Dorne. She doesn't trust the Starks, Baratheons, or the Lannisters. The only major house capable of giving her support that she believes she can rely on (because of the marriage compact) are the Dornish - and I think Dany will realize that and marry Aegon - which would bring her the Dornish alliance and keep her from fighting another prolonged dance of the dragons.

I hope Aegon is legit and he marries Arianne and Dany. He is king with two of the hottest babes in the world. Dany gives him a dragon and the Martells/Targs own the Others. He has a lot of kids, names one Oberyn, and he grows up to be king and an all around badass. All the Freys and Greyjoys get slow roasted by dragons at some point.

I think Aegon is fake and he marries Arianne. Dany comes back, thinks/proves he's fake and Dany/Dothraki/Greyjoy(?) destroy the Martells and (f)A(k)egon. Womp womp. :frown5:

Either way, I think Dorne sides with Aegon.

I like the Dornish and yet there is a sick part of me that is interested in the dark turn their story has taken. Basically, every single thing we have seen the Dornish do has turned to shit on them. Oberyn offers to champion Tyrion to get his revenge of Gregor Clegane - we know what happened there. Doran schemes for Arianne to marry Viserys - not only does he die horrifically, but he was already an unstable psycho. Doran sends Quentyn to Dany - he gets laughed at, basically humiliated (or at least sees himself as having been humiliated), and roasted by her dragon. That's not even to mention the Myrcella fiasco. In some ways, it would be a perfect continuation of that for them to ally with Aegon and then find out too late that he's a fake. It's like the Inigo Montoya story from The Princess Bride if Prince whatever his name, with the 6 fingers, had actually managed to kill him and then got away and lived in style for another 20 years.

Dorne wants vengeance. It has already sent a prince to start an alliance with Dany, but that didn't go too well. Now Aegon is looking for support and is looking at Dorne. I don't really see Dany forming an alliance with Aegon, which begs the question: (assuming Dany makes it to Westeros) Who will Dorne support? Dorne wants justice, so logically they would probably pick the strongest side, that would be Dany with her dragons and army of Unsullied (and possibly sellswords, Dothraki and Vicatarion and his iron fleet). Aegon right now isn't looking all that powerful but has Quentyn's demise also doomed the alliance between Dorne and Dany? Will Dorne now turn their heads towards Aegon? Or have they got something else altogether planned?

That would depend on Doran Martell's ultimate goal. If his only goal is vengeance, then he will continue to seek alliance with Dany. In other words, he wants "Fire and Blood". If he's content to make do with what he can get, and Aegon would be relatively easy to set up an alliance with (he's already there, and he has Arrianne to offer up), he may just go for the surest possible ally he can get. Plus Aegon, if he is real, is his sister's son. I suspect Doran will ask for solid proof that Aegon is who he claims to be. What might that proof be? Aegon the Conqueror's sword?

This has nothing to do with the thread but I'll get to that.

Drogon- Dany obviously

Rheagal- aegon/ I think this because it matches him because of his brashness and conquering attitude and rheagals wildness and tenacity matches.

Viserion- Jon snow/ if you think about the silver dragon that already kinda matches Jon and his white wolf but that's not it; that's the dragon that is most passive( need I say more) but still is a dragon and very capable.

But to the point. Drone won't side with Dany automatically because not only did Quentyn get roasted by her dragons and she humiliated him but I think that he's gonna see her as a inept ruler. Not only because she is but she is single minded about her priorities but in a bad way because she lets one effect the other. Aegon on the other hand is a conqueror but has JC on his side plus the most professional army on westeros. Pluse hopefully rheagal will find him and they'll bro automatically. But also he is his sisters son so he will be blood and honor bound to help him and doran obviously isn't stupid. Doran isn't going to waste a important marriage alliance on a vanity so his non maiden daughter can be queen; that isn't his charecter. So maybe hell marry Dany still(I hope not, she should just back him because that is her last bit of family plus he's her heroe rheagars son. So the big marriage alliance will be.... Idk

Honestly. Is there a female Hightower?

Archived