A Thread for Small Questions XVI

a free shadow

Does anybody know where I can find the TWOW sample chapters other than the

Theon Chapter on martin's website

Nowhere at the moment. The other ones were read aloud at fan conventions and as far as I know, they're not available in a written format yet. That's why we only have synopses.

I don't think it was ever explained, either of those things. I speculate that he is anti-dragon since he's the highest ranking maester, and I don't think he wouldn't be aware of an anti-magic movement in the Citadel. So he's either ignoring it or he's part of it, my guess is the latter.

*Was. ;)

That is the exact answer to your question.

Here's the conversation:

Maroucia: Does anyone know why Jaqen H’ghar was locked in the Black cells?

You: I dont think so. What interests me more is what the hell did he do to get locked up with Rorge and Biter all the way to the Wall?

Me: Because he was in the black cells. They are reserved for really horrible crimes or treason I'm fairly sure. So, on the way to the wall, they kept the horrible people togethere and locked up.

The thing he did to get him locked himself locked up with Rorge and Biter all the way to the wall was be in the black cells. That is the answer to the question you asked. What you thought you were asking was "Why did Jaqen get locked in the black cells?" and for an answer to that, see The Imp With a Pimp Limp's post above.

Thanks for the breakdown. I meant to reitterate the original question in a comparison to how awful Rorge and Biter are written as characters. Sorry if that wasn't the way it came across to you. Also...$&@! off.

Varys. The description of the man who paid Tobho Mott is the same as one of Varys' disguises, IIRC.

Agree. He is also the one who sends gifts to Edric Storm on his name day.

what would he gain from such a thing?

Robert's bastards are evidence (of a sort) that Cersei's children are bastards. By making sure they are being taken care of, Varys ensures that one day he may be able to use them to challenge the legitimacy of the current regime.

Or at least, that's my opinion.

Robert's bastards are evidence (of a sort) that Cersei's children are bastards. By making sure they are being taken care of, Varys ensures that one day he may be able to use them to challenge the legitimacy of the current regime.

Or at least, that's my opinion.

good point, however, i dont see varys actually challenging the realm with a robert's bastard given the state of how the kingdom is atm. Besides, he had an opportunity to back stannis when Stannis spoke of Cersei's incest yet he did not. So it makes me wonder, there should be a reason behind it that hasnt been explain yet. Just a tought..

good point, however, i dont see varys actually challenging the realm with a robert's bastard given the state of how the kingdom is atm. Besides, he had an opportunity to back stannis when Stannis spoke of Cersei's incest yet he did not. So it makes me wonder, there should be a reason behind it that hasnt been explain yet. Just a tought..

Supporting Stannis' claim at the time would have been suicide for him. Varys certainly wants the Lannister regime to fall, he just needs it to happen at the right time (i.e. when Aegon comes to town).

IIRC he said he wanted to pop the bubble on the twincest issue once that Dany was about to get to westeros with whatever army had at the moment or once aegon got there with the GC or both. Now it's not really necessary, nobody really cares about twincest other than the HS but they can still say that Tommen is legitimate to keep the Tyrells on the throne.

IIRC he said he wanted to pop the bubble on the twincest issue once that Dany was about to get to westeros with whatever army had at the moment or once aegon got there with the GC or both. Now it's not really necessary, nobody really cares about twincest other than the HS but they can still say that Tommen is legitimate to keep the Tyrells on the throne.

Yep. And to do that he'd need to produce a bastard of Robert's or two.

quick question if Shireen and Stannis died who would be the next in line ?

I honestly have no clue. They might have to dig up some Baratheon cousins anywhere, if they even exist. Or hold a Great Council to decide.

The Martells have a claim through the Targs, but the Targs aren't the official dynastic house anymore, so I doubt they'd get any mileage out of it.

I honestly have no clue. They might have to dig up some Baratheon cousins anywhere, if they even exist. Or hold a Great Council to decide.

The Martells have a claim through the Targs, but the Targs aren't the official dynastic house anymore, so I doubt they'd get any mileage out of it.

I guess it would be the martells yeah, because Stannis has no cousins or uncles so unless he has some relatives through a great uncle which seems unlikely

I've got a few questions, most are about what is being speculated, and I'm really just asking what the most agreed upon answer may be, because it obviously hasn't been confirmed yet.

SPOILERS BELOW

Some people are speculating that Bran went unknowingly cannibal and ate Jojen via weirwood paste (Reedwood Paste?), was there any indication that Jojen dissappeared or was missing at all? Any hints that that was his fate?

What do we know about Mel and what she was doing whilst Jon was getting shanked?

Tyrions traveling uncle (Gerion?) has apparently shown up or at least been hinted to be alive? Wasn't that the one who went to reclaim a Valyrian blade? Or was that another Lannister...

Where is Edric Dayne and why did he decide to join the outlaws? Isn't he the Lord of Starfell? Why doesn't he just go home live the Lords life?

Any backstory on Bloodraven?

Dany got an STD from Daario? What?

Did Kevan Lannister ever have any solid proof that Jamie and Cersie were having an incestious relationship?

I seemed to have completely skimmed over the part about TPTWP, can somebody fill me in?

Didn't that Manderly guy get gutted at Winterfell? Did any of his sons find out and take over White Harbour as Lord?

Aurane Waters apparently peaced the scene at KL with all the new ships for... what?

Was Orton Merryweathers wife a double agent (or triple agent?) in that she was against Cersia the whole time?

Somebody said that Tormund Giantsbabe (lets be honest, thats what he should be called) is leading a ranging? Is he? And if so, why?

People are saying that Jeyne Westerlings mother was giving her tea so that he couldn't have a baby. Was she, and if she may have been, why would she do that?

I'm probably wrong, but I always thought that what they mean in ASoIaF by "a summer that never ends" or when they talk about summers which last for decades is that the seasons are just regular, or at least, regular with summer being somewhat extended. So say 2 months winter, 3 months spring, 5 months summer, then 2 months autumn. Don't they talk about autumn and "summer snowfalls" in the books as well?

Thanks for any and all replies!

Archived