Second Episode Ratings Still Strong

Westeros

The second episode of season two, The Night Lands, pulled a 3.8 million viewership on the initial airing according to James Hibberd of Entertainment Weekly. This is a very slight dip from the 3.9 million for the first episode, and given that it was a holiday weekend as well as typical post-premier drop-off it has to be considered a good sign.

Visit the Site!

My family didn't watch it that night, we were having dinner, I'd say those numbers are still pretty good.

As for HBO Go, does anyone know if the pre-released episodes are something that will happen regularly, or was that a one time thing sort of like last season?

My family didn't watch it that night, we were having dinner, I'd say those numbers are still pretty good.

As for HBO Go, does anyone know if the pre-released episodes are something that will happen regularly, or was that a one time thing sort of like last season?

That wasn't even done on purpose like they did last season, it was an accident that lasted a couple of hours. They took it off as soon as hey realized. But of course, all it takes is a couple of hours for someone, somewhere, to rip it from HBOGO. I doubt they'll even do an intentional one this season. I think the only reason they did it before was because HBOGO was brandnew, and they wanted to promote. Now it's fairly well-known, as is GoT. But I suppose it's possible.

We're getting a S1+2 back to back premier this coming Monday, so even though it starts 2 weeks behind it ends up catching up by 1 week. I believe the books have been selling very well here, so I expect this season to do much better than last. Esp given it was extremely late to the party for season 1 and many fans would have found other ways to watch S1 before it aired here. Now that the show is following close to the air dates in the US the original broadcasts should attract good support.

That wasn't even done on purpose like they did last season, it was an accident that lasted a couple of hours. They took it off as soon as hey realized. But of course, all it takes is a couple of hours for someone, somewhere, to rip it from HBOGO. I doubt they'll even do an intentional one this season. I think the only reason they did it before was because HBOGO was brandnew, and they wanted to promote.

Are you guys talking about the American HBOGO? Otherwise, the fact that episode 2 leaked almost a week in advance was due to both episode 1&2 premiering on HBOGO in Poland and here in the Netherlands. It was done very much on purpose, there even were ads for it in the papers, 'episode 1&2 on HBOGO April 2nd'. I posted the ad on theforums elsewhere.

HBO is fairly new here, so I think thats why they wanted to give a little extra, or convince people to get a subscription. Big problem with it is that it's only available for people with a specific cable provider, and downloading media you didnt pay for isnt illegal here, or at least not punishable by law. So people will think twice before they pay up 15 euros a month for watching just one or two series they like.

Archived