[HUGE BOOK SPOILERS] Dropped plots

Gloria

I suspect they will keep most of the BwB subplot because it can always be used for action scenes when the rest of the story is moving slowly. Here's a question will they cut off Jamie's sword hand?

I wonder if they will cut Penny out of Tyrion's storyline and that Yezzan guy (his slave master). I think that Brown Ben Plumm will just buy him at the auction. I wish he would have in ADWD, because I definitely felt the Yezzan part was useless besides being a way to showcase the lives of slaves. He basically went to Yezzan's camp, met his other slaves,performed the "jousting show", and then Yezzan got sick and he left. Definitely can be cut.

Davos would go on a pirating journey with his old buddy Saan! They would cruise from Westeros to Braavos, Pentos, Volantis, and eventually to Meereen. He would solve Dany's naval problem by decimating all of the fleets there with his pirate crew. Dany would be so impressed that she goes with him and finally leaves Meeren forever, sailing back to Westeros with her new friends to join Stannis.

Or, they will just keep Rickon alive, and have Davos pull off an epic smuggling skills mission on Skagos, involving running from cannibals, surviving on onions alone, and finding unicorns.

Either way, it will be awesome!

It's funny on the commentary of season 1..nobody would ever mention Rickon, until I believe episode 10. They were like..oh yeah..Rickon! He is great..we found the actor on the street and he was cool..or something like that. I laughed.

I thought he was cool myself..especially with Shaggydog! I mean...he is just a little kid!

Well, Chataya's subplot isnt a great loss for me, it's logical that many of the mini stories are cut and this one is a logical choice... and it will give Ros her only interesting scene of the season when she'll take the place of Shae (instead of Alayaya in the book)... well, according to my guess.

Well, Chataya's subplot isnt a great loss for me, it's logical that many of the mini stories are cut and this one is a logical choice... and it will give Ros her only interesting scene of the season when she'll take the place of Shae (instead of Alayaya in the book)... well, according to my guess.

So you think that Ros will be beaten when Cersei mistakes her rather than Shae as being Tyrion’s whore?

I wonder whether she’ll be killed; I hope not. I don’t know how extreme the show will take things. Sometimes they seem to want to hammer things in very unsubtly.

Or, they will just keep Rickon alive, and have Davos pull off an epic smuggling skills mission on Skagos, involving running from cannibals, surviving on onions alone, and finding unicorns.

I wonder if the Skagos trip will be left out completely. It seems like Osha is being set up to take Bran and Hodor beyond the wall. I bet they just figure out a way to send Rickon to White Harbor with Lord Manderly for safe keeping. I think it's there that he will meet up with Davos, not Skagos.

Which is sad because I'd love to see an island full of cannibals and unicorns.

What an incredibly unkind thing to say! Imagine if he reads this. I thought he was perfectly fine, cute even.

The kid who plays Rickon fills the role perfectly. He is just unlucky in that Rickon has an extremely small part in the series (at least until the end of book 5). I would bet that Rickon will become a much more important character in the books after he comes back from Skaagos.

They certainly won't cut out Dorne, at least not entirely, the Dornish are too important to the storyline.

I don't think Rickon is a problem. He is a small enough part that you can get away with dissapearring him and then casually mentioning him in a "I wonder what happened to Rickon sort of way, until he pops up again. That wouldn't work as well for say Theon, which is why I think we will see his Dance chapters sort of scattered throughout the storm season, since its not all that clear when they happen chronologically until later on. Still the Theon arc will be pretty sparse,and Balon bites the dust, and Winterfell fades to the background fairly quickly which gives you room and money to add Tully/Riverlands (mostly season 3) and Dorne.Martell (mostly season 4). I think it will end up being reasonably manageble

The Tullys and Rivverrun really really need to show up next season. I don't see why they would cut them out completely.

and Yes i Know the theory that people believe they will replace Edmure with someone else in the RW..but that is lame and I don't like it!!

Also, who wouldn't want to see Blackfish on television?!?

Archived