[Book Spoilers] Pre-airing Discussion

Ran

I'm really hoping for a few things here in this episode. First and foremost is some Jaquen scenes and bloody murders in Harrenhall. I do agree that we will end up seeing three different names than what's in the book. I also expect we will get a taste of Tyrion and Wildfire and the my personal favorite, shadow assinations!

We all know where the Flower Knight ends up up after Renly's visit so I do wonder if maybe we shall see some HBo explanation of him leaving. Also we should expect to see Lady Stark and Briene make for the Tully lands.

Man things are really going to start ramping up, I'm excited knowing what's in store!

Please show us the dragons this episode. And more of bran and summer.

To be fair.. Dany doesnt do much till storm of swords so im not fussed with having her out of episodes.

FINALLY SOMEONE AGREES! I suggested she should have been cut from the first 2-3 episodes entirely, then have her start in Qarth and have Jorah recount the Red Wastes in the narrative-style they always have him do. This would mean a better intro to Dragonstone and non-readers would actually have an idea who Davos, Mel, and Stannis are.

Please show us the dragons this episode. And more of bran and summer.

To be fair.. Dany doesnt do much till storm of swords so im not fussed with having her out of episodes.

To be fair, she doesn't do much after Storm of Swords either, so I wonder how that'll play out in future seasons (fingers crossed).

But yes, I want the dragons too, possibly at a further stage of their development. I don't know which size they're supposed to have in Qarth, but as far as I remember they have grown a bit.

To be fair, she doesn't do much after Storm of Swords either, so I wonder how that'll play out in future seasons (fingers crossed).

But yes, I want the dragons too, possibly at a further stage of their development. I don't know which size they're supposed to have in Qarth, but as far as I remember they have grown a bit.

Enough for Drogon and her to destroy the House of the Undying. Man, I can't wait to see that either. That whole trip for her is going to make one spectacularly trippy and spooky scene.

maybe it is meant in a way that Jaqen, Rorge and Biter would have been burned to death without Arya's help, so therefore the lives were stolen from the Red God, the god of fire etc.

I wouldn't say it makes Jaqen into a R'hllor-worshipper. I'd argue that coming from the Free Cities, where the cult of the Lord of Light is pretty strong, Jaqen reckons each god is due his tribute. Hence snatching the three from the flames, the Red God was robbed, and to make things even, three others must die. Yeah, they might conflate some aspects of the faith of the FM with that of R'hllor, but it would be too confusing to introduce several new religions in one season. This makes it simpler and still leaves time for fleshing out the God of Death etc. once Arya reaches Braavos.

That doesn't seem to make sense, Jaqen doesn't care about tribute to the other gods. The only god that needs to be served by him is Death and he is not Red.

The line in question is directly lifted from the book...

"The Red God has his due, sweet girl, and only death may pay for life. This girl took three that were his. This girl must give three in their places. Speak the names, and a man will do the rest." - aCoK pg 421

That doesn't seem to make sense, Jaqen doesn't care about tribute to the other gods. The only god that needs to be served by him is Death and he is not Red.

For bookreaders it might not make that much sense to make this change, but for non-bookreaders it simplifies things. Plus, if the Starks can pray to old gods and new, why shouldn't Jaqen honour two in this instance?

Edit:

Thanks to Aegnor for looking that up.

I am looking forward to seeing Roy Dotrice as Hallyne. So the sooner the wildfire is introduced the better. My first round of "reading" the books was via his audiobooks and I adore Dotrice. The second round I read them because I wanted to pick up on all of the subtle story lines I missed.

I am hoping all three of Arya's names for Jaqen will be in this episode, but it looks like Weese is not one of them. I think they will take Polliver and the Tickler and cut out the scene with Arya and The Hound at the Inn in Book 3. Please, give us more of the Hound, he has not interacted with Sansa as much as he should by now.....

And please, please no more time wasted on unnecessary sex scenes - there is too much good stuff we want to see that will be cut due to lack of time!

Its not a change. The lives are owed to the red god because the 3 men were going to burn. The Faceless men honor all gods because they are all diferent faces of their god.

Well, really they could show clips of Tywins people abusing Arya or Gendry/Hot pie that would give motive to want them dead. They don't really need to go into it in that much detail. What's important is the weasel soup and her eventual escape. No one but us loving fans will probably care who weese, chiswyck or polluter are. That's just MHO.

Really looking forward to the wildfire/Dotrice and Pyat Pree. I have a feeling we will see the interactions between Robb and Jeyne.

Can't wait to see Cat and Brienne see the shadow and later some more airtime for Jaime. Oh and I almost forgot Theon. There will be a host of talk after the sack of Winterfell for those who don't know what's coming.

Archived