Dragonslayer

unRobert

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to see THAT dialogue in the book!

"Kingslayer," someone said.

"His name is Jamie," said Brienne.

"My name is JAIME," said Jaime.

"Ser Lannister, to you."

Yeah. Some dragon-on-dragon action. :drool:

I hear that almost happened to Daenerys ... bahahahahaha

You guys... :lol: :lol:

Arya.

- Faceless man are searching Citadel archives for methods of slaying dragons

Is that generally agreed that's the reason Jaqen is there?

Probably a dragon will die before the whole thing ends, but, if some of that sort is to happen, I'd really want to see that happening only after the war against the Others breaks. The Others are creatures of ice, and the dragons are creatures of fire. They're meant to fight each other. Anyway, if the dragons die, I think it has to be by magical means. Everyone says that, the last time there were dragons, brave men killed them. Who were these brave men? How exactly did they kill them? Obviously a simple spear (even a sword, I guess) doesn't work. Besides magic, what can possibly work?

They can only be killed by stabbing through the eye(s). Makes it kinda hard. Of course, two idiotic Dothraki handmaidens said "brave men kill them"...but it's also true. The only one I heard of killing a dragon was:

Who was the guy that hid behind his mirror shield so the great dragon only saw its reflection until he thrust a spear in its eye or something

Serwyn of the Mirror Shield (I think he was of the Kingsguard, too).

• 4 months later...

Anyone else thinking we'll have a dragonslayer by the end of the series? Perhaps by the end of Winds?

I'm really hoping we get to see at least one of the dragons slain by a human. Why else have dragons if not to be killed by some brave man/woman?

Further, who?

My initial bets are on either the kingslayer or the wench (mayhaps both). Jamie, while lacking former skills, has that certain cunning and bravery required.

Faceless Mans

Stannis will kill a dragon with his bare hands while grinding his teeth. It is known.

It is known.

IMO all three will Die, probably with Dany and Magic will once more fade from the world, it'll all be rather melancholy and sad. Then Stannis will make a statue in her honour while grinding her teeth. I think Stanny boy wil live over dany as no one expects it. She and her dragons will die fighting the others.

I don't want to guess how the dragons will die, but I think all 3 will die. Drogon being the biggest and strongest is probably least likely to die, but I don't think Dany will sit the Iron Throne at the end. If Drogon is still alive, Dany will continue to pursue her Iron Throne.

Anyone else thinking we'll have a dragonslayer by the end of the series? Perhaps by the end of Winds?

I'm really hoping we get to see at least one of the dragons slain by a human. Why else have dragons if not to be killed by some brave man/woman?

Further, who?

My initial bets are on either the kingslayer or the wench (mayhaps both). Jamie, while lacking former skills, has that certain cunning and bravery required.

I will be slaying dragons, will I? Better sharpen my blade...

I think Jaime and Brienne would be excellent candidates. I would love it if Tyrion was either riding one of the dragons or in the opposing army when it happened. Jaime saves his life and goes, "WTF, you doing with a dragon, brother?"

I think Jaime and Brienne would be excellent candidates.

Jamie was a good swordsman there i no doubt about it but how will he now kill a dragon ? with his maimed hand and i think only one of them will survive either jamie or brienne, and tyrion riding a dragon is just wishful thinking.

Archived