[Book Spoilers] Nitpick without repercussion!

I actually really liked this part - the scene still resonated with me. It seems like something he'd have said to Robb too.

Yes, he might, but I hated it. I missed the line in the conversation between Brandon and Eddard at the execution of Gared Will, but I can live with it. If they did not put the line there for Brandon to hear it, surely the Volantene could have lived without it too.

Apparently I am alone in this, though. :shrug:

They could have easily fit in some San/San last episode. Completely take out Robb and Talisa's scene (okay, like 75% of it) and Dany's scene and there would have been plenty of time to build up more a relationship between the two. Or at least Sansa. Or something with Sansa!

Agreed. Too little Sansa and Sandor and Dontos in this series. I am not really a fan of Sandor and Sansa having a love relationship somewhere in the future, but I do very much care about her and think her development, also through Sandor, is far more important than they have made it look. A brilliant story lost to How Robb Met a Random Volantene Nurse the cliche.

I would have liked both your and Rapsie's post, but unfortunately I am out of likes.

No Weasel Soup, or Nan Soup even? One of Arya's best moments in the book that has gone for some reason.

That “for some reason” is neither mysterious nor capricious. Rather, it is both obvious and inescapable. In the show, there are no northern prisoners, liegemen to her father, for Arya to free so they can take over Harranhall.

Fortunately, the SR have thought all these things through infinitely better than the sniping M&W crowd, and so have necessarily come to the right decision instead of a major TR, proving once again that...

• Those who can, do.
  • Those who cannot do, teach.
  • Those who cannot teach, become critics.

This episode was about average and it felt like not much happened. This might have been to get the "calm before the storm" effect, but if so it was done poorly. We needed Weasel Soup

Nonsense! ’Tis a matter of simple mathematics that even a seven-year-old could grok without training wheels:

No Weasel” + “No northern prisoners to take over Harrenhall” = “No Weasel Soup!

Et voilà: Simplicity itself. Bravo to the SR for their piercing perspicacity, and a pox on those of lesser insight.

Quelle surprise! At forty below zero, everybody looks cold!

Haha, true! :thumbsup:

I rather liked her cold face, it was like another "You know nothing, Jon Snow", only without words.

Nonsense! ’Tis a matter of simple mathematics that even a seven-year-old could grok without training wheels:

No Weasel” + “No northern prisoners to take over Harrenhall” = “No Weasel Soup!

Et voilà: Simplicity itself. Bravo to the SR for their piercing perspicacity, and a pox on those of lesser insight.

Which begs the question of why we didn't get Tywin mentioning the prisoners. I guess he was too busy doting on Arya to concern himself over such matters.

Looks like you’re overdue for another smallpox booster.

So I guess you've run out of ideas on how to defend the show, so now you're just resorting to petty insults yes?

Sorry it's off topic but:

Looks like you’re overdue for another smallpox booster.

I'm curious: What is it exactly you don't understand in "Nitpick without repercussion". Obviously you don't like people complaining about deviations from the books.So why are you reading a thread intended mainly for such complaints to begin with?

Sorry it's off topic but: I'm curious: What is it exactly you don't understand in "Nitpick without repercussion". Obviously you don't like people complaining about deviations from the books.So why are you reading a thread intended mainly for such complaints to begin with?

My thoughts exactly. I find it ridiculous that people purposefully seek out the thread titled "Nitpick without repercussion" and then get angry when they see - *gasp* who'd have thought - people are criticizing the TV show. :rolleyes:

The lord of bones looked ridiculous. He looked like Casey Jones from TMNT with that mask. Yet another episode with no wolves.

Wasn't Lord of Bones supposed to be sort of a joke in the books? I always thought of him as a joke anyway, and that he compensated for his pathetic self with armor of bones. That's at least how I imagined him. :dunno:

Please don't be a thread crasher! There's a new thread made just for happy comments. Would it be nice for us to go over there and start bitching about the show?

Jaime Lannister states my feelings about the Robb/Talisa relationship perfectly. I had been dreading the RW before the show but now I await it with glee. Hopefully, if the gods are good, we will never have to see or think about her again.

I'm tired of the white-washing of Tyrion's character. Is it episode ten where he runs in to the burning orphanage to save all the children?

Every Dany scene still makes me laugh. They have made her in to a brat and I'm starting to not like her in the books either because of it.

The lack of Sansa development is really ticking me off. She is a major character in the books but you wouldn't know it from watching this show.

There is also a scene in the books where Jaqen is naked in a bathtub? Where is it?!?! I want that scene!!!!

Wasn't Lord of Bones supposed to be sort of a joke in the books? I always thought of him as a joke anyway, and that he compensated for his pathetic self with armor of bones. That's at least how I imagined him. :dunno:

That is how I understood him too, never took him particularly seriously and his armour in the series fits that, I think.

Jaime Lannister states my feelings about the Robb/Talisa relationship perfectly. I had been dreading the RW before the show but now I await it with glee. Hopefully, if the gods are good, we will never have to see or think about her again. I'm tired of the white-washing of Tyrion's character. Is it episode ten where he runs in to the burning orphanage to save all the children? Every Dany scene still makes me laugh. They have made her in to a brat and I'm starting to not like her in the books either because of it. The lack of Sansa development is really ticking me off. She is a major character in the books but you wouldn't know it from watching this show. There is also a scene in the books where Jaqen is naken in a buthtub? Where is it?!?! I want that scene!!!!

Agreed with everything, but especially the bolded part. We female viewers want our naked Jaqen fanservice too, HBO! It's hardly much to ask for considering how many unnecessary nude female scenes there are, right? Stupid sexist HBO... :crying:

I think that the criptic weirwood trolling guy remembers me of Viserys and his pathetic rants against the dothraki

I so miss Viserys

On topic

Is arrya going to kill in the next seasons so it will be only self defense / accidents / by proxy

Come on HBO she is a deadly cat not Tywin grammar sparring partner

Hopefuly some guard might still be on the outside so she can get her first true assasination

Archived