[Book Spoilers] Talissa/Jeyne

Now that Game of Thrones wiki, not to mention Oona Chaplin's twitter point out, I think Talissa is truly Jeyne Westerling. One important fact Game of Thrones wiki pointed out was that Talissa did not want to go with Robb to the Crag. She wanted to make a list for its Maester rather than go there herself. This leads me to believe she's Jeyne Westerling going by another name

I'm assuming that we don't find out her true identity till much later on

Uh, she already went with Robb to the Crag. They were on their way back, in fact, in this episode.

Nothing happened there. She is who she says she is.

She didn't let it slip. The role was cast as Jeyne. They changed her name later when they apparently decided to cut that she was Jeyne Westerling. But because she kept being referred to as Jeyne in the press, you can just imagine that in her interviews there were invisible quotes around Jeyne -- "Jeyne" -- every time she said it.

According to Richard Madden, she's Talisa Maegyr, and that's it. She was called Jeyne before shooting started, but by the time cameras were rolling, she was just Talisa.

She let it slip in an interview she was called Jeyne, unless she was trolling us. -.-

You know it's not that hard for producers to make a last minute change.

My best guess is they decided to rename Jeyne Westerling so they could reintroduce Jeyne Poole later on. Or they decided that Oona Chaplin didn't really look the part, so they decided to change her to be more foreign.

Uh, she already went with Robb to the Crag. They were on their way back, in fact, in this episode. Nothing happened there. She is who she says she is.

It would have been good if they explained that, in my opinon. Since when is talking with Talisa more important than, say, tell his vassals and his mother about what they discussed at the Crag?

I actually thought they were going towards the Crag when Robb got the news, and he returned to the camp because of it. Why mention the Crag at all?

Ok so maybe Talisa is not Jeyne Westerling, but theres still lingering questions. She seemed uncomfortable when Robb talked about cutting Jofffreys head off, about going to the crag, and when that rider came up. Maybe Jeyne's just a very good liar, but why would a highborn lady be serving as a nurse in an enemy camp...

Reaching with this one, but maybe she's a spy or something hired by Varys/the Lannisters to get with Robb and turn the Freys against him.

You know it's not that hard for producers to make a last minute change.

My best guess is they decided to rename Jeyne Westerling so they could reintroduce Jeyne Poole later on.

It's legal to have two characters sharing the same first name. At least on premium cable.

Last episode establishes Robb is returning to the camp by the morning, so yeah, he was returning. I think the Crag was mentioned just as a nod to that part of the story in the books.

Is Jeyne uncomfortable about Robb talking about taking off Joffrey's head? Sure, because she seems to have a strong opposition to violence.

Is she uncomfortable about going to the Crag? Yes, because she realized that Robb was going out of his way to keep her close to him, to spend time with her, and she's nervous about that relationship.

Is she nervous when the rider shows up? Yes, because he's interrupting her conversation with that dreamboat, Robb Stark, and she was liking it.

She really is what she says she is.

Last episode establishes Robb is returning to the camp by the morning, so yeah, he was returning. I think the Crag was mentioned just as a nod to that part of the story in the books. Is Jeyne uncomfortable about Robb talking about taking off Joffrey's head? Sure, because she seems to have a strong opposition to violence. Is she uncomfortable about going to the Crag? Yes, because she realized that Robb was going out of his way to keep her close to him, to spend time with her, and she's nervous about that relationship. Is she nervous when the rider shows up? Yes, because he's interrupting her conversation with that dreamboat, Robb Stark, and she was liking it. She really is what she says she is.

Do you 100% know or are you theorizing?

I don't know but correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't her father a Westerling and her mother a noble from Essos where Jeyne spent time in her youth?

I just keep hoping that she is somehow Jeyne or at least a Westerling or a different name or another highborn girl from Westeros. I'm not a book purist and I actually like seeing the interactions with her and Robb on screen. I just cannot wrap my head around introducing a completely random person. It is seriously my biggest complaint with the season. Maybe I'm just mad because it ruins my hopes for more of a storyline with Jeyne in the books.

Does anyone else think it is still possible?

That she and Robb went to the Crag and are returning from there in this episode is clear -- it's what Robb said he was going to do, and in the last episode we heard they were about to return.

The other stuff is, I suppose, "speculating", but the fact is that what everyone's trying to read as proof that there's something fishy is, in fact, a straightforward series of cliché Hollywood romance elements (yes, I'm not a fan of the Robb-Talisa story; not the fault of the actors).

Why did they change it? Because this was the "season of romance", and I guess they couldn't come up with a good way to have Jeyne Westerling or another noble maiden performing battlefield surgery and sassing kings, so they used the excuse of a foreigner and her being an outsider letting her do odd things.

And no, Jeyne Westerling has never been in the east. Her grandmother was from the east, but otherwise she's Westerosi, and lived all her life in the westerlands so far as we know.

Archived