(Book Spoilers) GRRM's S3 Episode "Autumn Storms"

The  Halfhand

Oberyn's not cast yet for 3 and if he's not, it'd be hard to have the Purple Wedding in Season 3.

I disagree. You can have the Purple Wedding at the finale of S3, just until Joffrey dies and Tyrion is accused and thrown into a dungeon. And in S4 present his trial and then Oberyn comes in as a knight that visits his cell and offers to serve as his champion in the trial, if Tyrion tells him who's guilty of her sister's murder.

I disagree. You can have the Purple Wedding at the finale of S3, just until Joffrey dies and Tyrion is accused and thrown into a dungeon. And in S4 present his trial and then Oberyn comes in as a knight that visits his cell and offers to serve as his champion in the trial, if Tyrion tells him who's guilty of her sister's murder.

This won't happen. 2 episodes after each other where somebody dies at a wedding is too much at the same time. And they won't rush the story and have all the major events in season 3 and left little for the next season. PW is going to happen next season. It is known. Many clues on this. It is known that Sansa's ends in season 3, with praying in the godswood for her mother. And that LF has a boat next season. And it's better that the audience will know they get justice next season, people will know joffrey will die soon and they can't wait till season 4 starts because than it will happen.

Autumn storms: probably queenscrown.

Chains: don't know why they changed it because it's raining in the trailer. but chains probably is about Theon.

Bear and the maiden fair: brienne and sansa. Probably queenscrow will happen in episode 8.

About RW: Robb will be in all the 10 episodes, Richard Madden told us that. So episode 9 RW episode 10, his body sewed with grey wind.

PW is going to happen next season. It is known. Many clues on this. It is known that Sansa's ends in season 3, with praying in the godswood for her mother. And that LF has a boat next season.

OK. So they will reach to chapter 59 of aSoS more or less.

What do you think they will do with Dragonstone plotline? Will they finish S3 with the conversation between Pylos and Davos about the Night's Watch letter? That would be quite anticlimatic. I hope they end it with Davos about to be executed and reading the letter.

OK. So they will reach to chapter 59 of aSoS more or less.

What do you think they will do with Dragonstone plotline? Will they finish S3 with the conversation between Pylos and Davos about the Night's Watch letter? That would be quite anticlimatic. I hope they end it with Davos about to be executed and reading the letter.

Something like that, I think that about 2/3 of SoS will be finished. The second half is more important many things happen. They could really stretch some things from the later chapters. But it would be a shame if they put PW in season 3. Too much will happen in season 3 and people get disapointed by season 4, we don't want that to happen.

Davos executed?

The Red Wedding and Purple Wedding are going to happen in the same episode with scenes flashing back and forth. Our emotions will be yanked between glee and horror at each wedding's results.

Oberyn and co. will show up at the start of next season and the trial will happen in the early-mid part of the season.

At least, that is how I hope it plays out, but I know it won't. :(

The Red Wedding and Purple Wedding are going to happen in the same episode with scenes flashing back and forth.

Same episode? Scenes flashing back and forth? That's impossible, man. Take into account that when the PW happens, they know about the RW already, and some stuff happens after getting news about the RW and before the PW. For them to receive news about the RW, some days need to have passed. Those ravens aren't like satellites or the internet, you know.

So the ravens get to King's Landing with the news. And then you have the Lannisters talking about how to manage the victory, discuss the RW, Arya's vanishing, the plan for Tyrion to become Lord of Winterfell, Tyrion with Sansa, Tyrion with Shae, Joffrey being an asshole about Tyrion's present, Tyrion with Sansa again, and then you have the Purple Wedding. The question is if it'll happen just in a different episode, or in a different season.

Same episode? Scenes flashing back and forth? That's impossible, man. Take into account that when the PW happens, they know about the RW already, and some stuff happens after getting news about the RW and before the PW. For them to receive news about the RW, some days need to have passed. Those ravens aren't like satellites or the internet, you know.

So the ravens get to King's Landing with the news. And then you have the Lannisters talking about how to manage the victory, discuss the RW, Arya's vanishing, the plan for Tyrion to become Lord of Winterfell, Tyrion with Sansa, Tyrion with Shae, Joffrey being an asshole about Tyrion's present, Tyrion with Sansa again, and then you have the Purple Wedding. The question is if it'll happen just in a different episode, or in a different season.

As I said in my post, I know it won't happen. I just think it would be an epic episode if it did. However, the plotlines from the books you describe are not necessarily how it will play out on the TV series. Season 2 showed that things can be mixed up/changed.

• 2 weeks later...

For me, the ideal is for the RW to be episode 8, with episode 9 being a 'fall out' episode delving into the ramifications and different reactions from various characters. Episode 10 would finish on the PW, with the closing shot being Joffrey dying in Cersei's arms. Season 4 would begin frantically with the fallout from the PW - Sansa's hurried escape, Tyrion's arrest etc.

PW won't be in season 3. Because episode 8 is Sansa's wedding. Episode 9 the RW, it would be stupid to have 3 weddings after each other, imo.

And it's already know that the only scene that Sansa will have in the last episode is that she will find out about the RW and praying in the godswood.

And killing Joffrey won't make people come back watching. Keeping him alive and let the audience know he will die in the next season, will keep the audience watching.

So we know that our favorite author is writing episode 7 in season 3 of the TV show, titled "Autumn Storms," but what will it entail?

My opinion, which is probably alot of your opinions too, is that it is going to be the Red Wedding. Let's hope so at least...the wedding episode needs to be perfect. But will HBO let episode 7 be so dramatic when they have 3 more episodes in the season to go?? Thoughts?

I think Rains of Castamere will have the RW. The song title would be just too good of a fit. Also I think D&D would never let someone else other than them write the RW episode. They've said a few times that they pushed for this show specifically for one amazing scene in S3.

Having the RW be the huge ending scene like Ned's decapitation was the huge ending scene for S1 is exactly the kind of heartbreaking monumental thing that HBO adores

What if they did Red/Purple wedding in the same episode? Say episode 9, they go back and forth between the two locales and have them happening at he same time. Unlikely but that could be a way to keep the viewers from walking away in disgust

Episode list from off of wikipedia, looks like GRRM's episode refers to Brienne and the bear pit

Episode 8 isn't titled and 9 is the Rains of Castamere

http://en.wikipedia....rones_(season_3)

21 1"Valar Dohaeris" Daniel Minahan David Benioff & D. B. Weiss March 31, 2013

22 2 "Dark Wings, Dark Words" Daniel Minahan Vanessa Taylor April 7, 2013

23 3"Walk of Punishment" David Benioff & D. B. Weiss David Benioff & D. B. Weiss April 14, 2013

24 4"And Now His Watch Is Ended" Alex Graves David Benioff & D. B. Weiss April 21, 2013

25 5"Kissed by Fire" Alex Graves Bryan Cogman April 28, 2013

26 6 "The Climb" Alik Sakharov David Benioff & D. B. Weiss May 5, 2013

27 7 "The Bear and the Maiden Fair" Michelle MacLaren George R. R. Martin May 12, 2013

28 8 Michelle MacLaren David Benioff & D. B. Weiss May 19, 2013

29 9 "The Rains of Castamere" David Nutter David Benioff & D. B. Weiss May 26, 2013[32]

30 10 "Mhysa" David Nutter David Benioff & D. B. Weiss June 2, 2013[32]

Archived