(Book Spoilers) GRRM's S3 Episode "Autumn Storms"

The  Halfhand

So we know that our favorite author is writing episode 7 in season 3 of the TV show, titled "Autumn Storms," but what will it entail?

My opinion, which is probably alot of your opinions too, is that it is going to be the Red Wedding. Let's hope so at least...the wedding episode needs to be perfect. But will HBO let episode 7 be so dramatic when they have 3 more episodes in the season to go?? Thoughts?

I imagine it might be a prelude to the Red Wedding in either E08 or E09. Its too early to be the actual RW.

Yep, probably building up the characters' stories towards it. Which makes me wonder what the episode with the RW in it will be called?

For some reason, the title 'Autumn Storms' evokes to me the funeral of Hoster Tully or some other events going on with Edmure Tully et. al in the Riverlands.....I have no idea why.....maybe it reminds me of the super old cover of ASoS back in the day.....

As much as I wish for GRRM to write the Red Wedding itself, I have a feeling the RW won't happen until episode 9 of Season 3, and I am therefore guessing this episode will be build-up to the Red Wedding.

For some reason I thought the episode was called 'Autumn Swords', 'Storms' is a much better title. It makes sense that this is when the big storm begins, right? I'm pretty sure the big event will be the Queenscrown incident and the crossing over of Bran and Jon's stories. Arya will be captured by the Hound and Robb and Catelyn will make their way toward the Twins. By this point, Ros will have proven to be the Game's best player, sitting herself on the Iron Throne.

Hoping that it refers to the Hounds Trial vs. Beric, Jon leaving the Wildings when Bran wargs into Summer, perhaps Dany and the Unsullied, and hopefully somehting Storm's End related, maybe Stannis' curse on the three kings.

I'm still holding out hope that they don't rush the RW into Season 3, and instead start season 4 with it. Season 2 has felt very rushed as a book reader, Season 3 could do well to expand on some things and let the characters get comfortable, for the storms that will follow in season 4.

And, did the Red Wedding appeared that early in the books? We have three weddings in ASOS: Tyrion - Sansa, Robb - Jeyne/whoever she might be and Joffrey - Margaery. Don't think they will put three weddings in one season, so it could be Sansa and Tyrion's maybe.. The Red Wedding will appear in episode 09 or even 10, or maybe at the beginning of Season 4. I mean; one wedding is fun to watch, two weddings in a row won't be a good thing.

And, did the Red Wedding appeared that early in the books?

It's just about 60% of the way through. But it has been said that the entirety of SoS cannot and will not be covered in the single season, so expect it to end before the end of the book's storylines in some regards.

It's just about 60% of the way through. But it has been said that the entirety of SoS cannot and will not be covered in the single season, so expect it to end before the end of the book's storylines in some regards.

I know the book will be cut in half and that Season 4 will be the second half of book three. Tyrion and Sansa's is at page 382, paperback, so that one will definitely be in the third Season. Not sure where they will put the Red Wedding. I guess the end of Season three, it would be an amazing cliffhanger of course.

We'll see. In a long, very long year..

Did Sansa and Tyrion's wedding happen before or after the Red Wedding? I could have sworn it happened *after*, but I honestly can't recall at the moment....

Before. It was the first wedding, and only one without casualties.

Other two are very close together in books (only 4-5 chapters apart).

I would prefer that they keep other two weddings in the same season - either 3 or 4, but not split them between seasons. After RW people need "happy" event. ;)

I would prefer that they keep other two weddings in the same season - either 3 or 4, but not split them between seasons. After RW people need "happy" event. ;)

Hmm.....I would tend to think that Joffrey's death will be considered a 'happy event' by most viewers. :D

Yes they need, but D&D alsso need a cliffhanger for season 3, and wich would be more shocking than the RW? after that the quotes for the first episode of season 4 will be amazing and the PW will probably around episode 4 or 5 in season 4

Since we all know the book is split into two seasons i don't think the red wedding will happen in the third season. Most likely it'll be in the fourth but i do agree with the halfhand it HAS to be dramactic, written by GRRM, and not changed at all in anyway. It has to live up to its name, the Red Wedding = lots and lots of blood

I also feel like having the RW at the end of a season would leave too many viewers feeling dejected and, quite possibly, turned off to the next season. The RW needs to either be earlier in S3 or at the beginning of S4. When we all read the books, we had over half of a book left to smooth over the initial shock we got from the events of the RW. Having it at the end of S3 would give tv viewers nothing to look forward to...

Archived